Newcastle United 3-1 Blackburn Rovers

Tom

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy. Blackburn were piss poor. We didn't need to get out 2nd gear to win comfortably. If we had taken our chances it could have been 6+.

Massive improvement needed if you want to stay up,

Salgado needs to retire. Hoilett looked dangerous. Yakubu looked massive (along with Salgado). Robinson got a good ovation from our crowd and seemed generally pleased with that.

Yakubu was massive as in fat? Or the only player that put in a performance?

You should sign Robinson when we go down. He's a good player.

You've got some decent players, but look like you need a manager who will get you a bit more organised/motivated.

Mark Hughes perhaps? :nufc:

Still gives the ball away way to much for my liking, he's had his best game today so far though.

Where is he losing the ball? round our box, or higher up the pitch.

Tiote was immense today. Back to his best.

Still gives the ball away way to much for my liking, he's had his best game today so far though.

69/77 passes completed today.

He gave 1 poor ball away towards the end but won everything and controlled the midfield. Warrior.

Edit: plus he set up a goal. Having a go at his passing today is a bit of a joke IMO.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Billy. Blackburn were piss poor. We didn't need to get out 2nd gear to win comfortably. If we had taken our chances it could have been 6+.

Salgado needs to retire. Hoilett looked dangerous. Yakubu looked massive (along with Salgado). Robinson got a good ovation from our crowd and seemed generally pleased with that.

Both overweight.

I don't rate Robinson anymore. Ever since that fuck up in Croatia he hasn't been the same.

Both overweight.

I don't rate Robinson anymore. Ever since that fuck up in Croatia he hasn't been the same.

Yakbu's always looked like that though. His finishing's still class, as was proven against Arsenal last week. He just doesn't look arsed a lot of the time, and is inconsistent, in the fact he'll score for 10 games on the bounce, then not score for the next 10.

26 Krul...................6

02 Coloccini............8

05 Simpson............6

16 R Taylor............6

27 S Taylor.............7

04 Cabaye.............7

18 Gutierrez ..........6

24 Tiote.................8

19 Ba ..................10

20 Best..................6

25 Obertan............8

Just got back from the match.

Agree with most of them apart from Jonas. He worked his bollocks off and really helped Raylor out. Never gave the ball away as well. Saylor might be worth an 8 as well. Pretty much faultless and set up a goal. Best was neat and tidy, created a goal and did superbly to get into the position to miss his 2 sitters.

Tiote was immense today. Back to his best.

Agree on Jonas, never stops working, helped support Enrique last season helping Raylor this one, he's got a great engine, no way I'd drop him for anyone just now.

Best has a really great touch if only the fucker could shoot/head, he should have had three himself.

The interchange play is becomming a joy to behold, the more they play together the slicker it'll become.

I tend to rate Jonas more on his play as an attacking player. No doubts he's a hard worker. But IMO his primary role still should be to create chances.

Still doing those funny slaphappy loose legged ski slopey dingly danly runs into nowhere down the left with nothing much coming from them.

Edited by Park Life

Just back from the game and we played really well against an awful Blackburn team, they really are Relegation fodder. Tiote was a man mountain in midfield for us, the two centre backs played well, Colo is a touch of class.

Really should of battered Blackburn by more, but the performance was there. I only noticed Yakubu was playing when he got subbed. Salgado and Givet are shite.

Yakubu would have scored a hat trick for us today if you gave him Best's chances.

I doubt The Yak would have been able to turn any defender to get into a couple of the positions Best did.

The free header. Give it to Yak = goal.

The cut back from Obertan. Best had the time to take a touch and shoot, he blazed it 20 yards over. Give it to Yak = goal.

Tends to be deep, it's just careless stuff, simple passes that go astray in bad places, the completed pass stat is all well and good, but the one's he does give away are dangerous. Yes he was good overall, but he needs to cut out the daft mistakes.

Nobody can complete 100% of their passes, he does the hard stuff then just gets carelessand it tends to be the easy one's in dangerous places he fucks up. Better second half mind, but he does have that habit.

Tends to be deep, it's just careless stuff, simple passes that go astray in bad places, the completed pass stat is all well and good, but the one's he does give away are dangerous. Yes he was good overall, but he needs to cut out the daft mistakes.

Nobody can complete 100% of their passes, he does the hard stuff then just gets carelessand it tends to be the easy one's in dangerous places he fucks up. Better second half mind, but he does have that habit.

Xavi-1.jpg

This man probably could. :nufc: