Newcastle United 3-1 Blackburn Rovers

Tom

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still gives the ball away way to much for my liking, he's had his best game today so far though.

Where is he losing the ball? round our box, or higher up the pitch.

Tends to be deep, it's just careless stuff, simple passes that go astray in bad places, the completed pass stat is all well and good, but the one's he does give away are dangerous. Yes he was good overall, but he needs to cut out the daft mistakes.

Nobody can complete 100% of their passes, he does the hard stuff then just gets carelessand it tends to be the easy one's in dangerous places he fucks up. Better second half mind, but he does have that habit.

He lost one ball in our own half today and even that was in the centre circle.

According to MotD, Ba and Best are finally starting to gel. Despite this only being their first league start together.

sounds almost as bad as the 'analysis' i've just watched from alan curbishley on football first. dire

Canny stuff today. We made them look shite (although I think that's just what they are). Another good shift from Catbaye and Tiotes getting back to his best. Great to see Ba get his first goals (his first was a cracker) and Ben Arfa back.

The only downside is again both fullbacks look weak links and Squidwards not showing enough bottle when going at his man.

Worth noting that Tiote didn't even go close to getting a yellow which is a sign of just how dominant we were. Didn't even get a talking to at any stage.

According to MotD, Ba and Best are finally starting to gel. Despite this only being their first league start together.

According to Pardoo's spiel during his interview; "Strikers were brilliant"

Is this his subtle way of leading up to NO new striker in January?

I've completely given up on getting a class striker in.

We won't make another £10mill+ signing while Ashley is at the club and that is what top top quality strikers cost, minimum.

In saying that Ba has the scoring record of a top class striker and could be our no. 9. The only worry is his fitness long term.

Good day out yesterday. Totally dominant. I thought Simpson and Obertan linked up really well, just a shame neither can cross for shit! Obertans best deliverires were low cutbacks.

Things looking promising

That's vile. It's going to be a great ceremony one day when it all comes down.

On a side note, I was sitting in the gallowagte/east stand corner & couldn't see any sport direct signage (bar a bit of the temporary shite next to the away fans). Every cloud and all that.

Edited by Holden McGroin

On a side note, I was sitting in the gallowagte/east stand corner & couldn't see any sport direct signage (bar a bit of the temporary shite next to the away fans). Every cloud and all that.

Eh? It's all around the ground isn't it? Even on that photo it's on every other pitchside hoarding - how did you miss it?

Eh? It's all around the ground isn't it? Even on that photo it's on every other pitchside hoarding - how did you miss it?

The electronic one that changes all then time

I've completely given up on getting a class striker in.

We won't make another £10mill+ signing while Ashley is at the club and that is what top top quality strikers cost, minimum.

In saying that Ba has the scoring record of a top class striker and could be our no. 9. The only worry is his fitness long term.

Tiote and Cabaye cost less than £10m combined.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't make a plus £10m signing if it adds to the squad and kicks us on. But I think Carr has proven he can find quality players (Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote) for cut price deals. I've omitted Marveaux, Ba, Santon Abeid, because I'm not sure they're quality yet.

I'd love for us to be able to go out and sign a top class forward despite the £25m price tag, but frankly, with the wage structure we appear to have assumed we won't be able to pay the wages that a £25m striker would demand.

I've two hopes:

We continue to unearth diamonds in the rough and keep making progress up the table, adjusting our budgets as we go, until we're genuinely challenging again

We're bought by a Sheikh Mansour/Bill Gates and usurp one of the top 5.

However I think it's more likely we'll stay as we are for decades; a mid-table club who finds stars and sells them on.

I dont think we have a hard-cap on a single spending like. I can easily see Mike Ashley spunk say 15 million for a player who would normally be worth 25. Its all about getting the good deal for him, regardless of how much that deal is ( within reasonable limits ofc).

Stupid example but lets say Real Madrid kicks Higuain out for say 16-17 millioner to make room for 60-million euro Neymar. Could easily see Mike buy him, if he does well in Premier league he could be sold on for 30 mill+.

I've two hopes:

We continue to unearth diamonds in the rough and keep making progress up the table, adjusting our budgets as we go, until we're genuinely challenging again

We're bought by a Sheikh Mansour/Bill Gates and usurp one of the top 5.

However I think it's more likely we'll stay as we are for decades; a mid-table club who finds stars and sells them on.

£10 million for striker is not big money in today's market. It doesn't even buy a top class striker. And Ashley won't even spend that much.

Are you suggesting Carr is a better scout by himself than the scouting network of ManU, Chelsea, ManCity, Liverpool, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc etc etc.. and that we can go on relying on him to find bargains who turn into gold ad infinitum?

That's not a hope thats delusional.

Your hope should be that we remain a mid-table club as long as Ashley is in charge. Even that is pushing the envelope.