Newcastle United 3-1 Blackburn Rovers

Tom

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for ten minutes after Ben Arfa came on, we played football we haven't seen here for a long long time. It definitely wasn't British football but I liked it all the same. I knew Ba would come good, but I made a point at the match which may seem racist, but if we sign any more muslims, we should ask them if they practise this ridiculous fasting at ramadan, if they do we should say right well we'll pay you 11 months money, because Tiote's been shit, and Ba didn't look like Ba till yesterday, he was excellent. Don't like Pardew's crack about potentially not signing a striker if him and Best keep it up though.

And it isn't racist at all its a fair point about fasting, if theres going to be a month in which you can't do your job properly, you shouldn't get your full wages if you ask me, but no chance it would ever happen!

Pay as you pray?

Pray as you play?

I thought for ten minutes after Ben Arfa came on, we played football we haven't seen here for a long long time. It definitely wasn't British football but I liked it all the same. I knew Ba would come good, but I made a point at the match which may seem racist, but if we sign any more muslims, we should ask them if they practise this ridiculous fasting at ramadan, if they do we should say right well we'll pay you 11 months money, because Tiote's been shit, and Ba didn't look like Ba till yesterday, he was excellent. Don't like Pardew's crack about potentially not signing a striker if him and Best keep it up though.

And it isn't racist at all its a fair point about fasting, if theres going to be a month in which you can't do your job properly, you shouldn't get your full wages if you ask me, but no chance it would ever happen!

Pay as you pray?

Pray as you play?

:nufc:

Thought we played very well. Probably wise not to go for the kill at 3-1. A freak goal by them could have caused all sorts of panic. Would have been nice to trash them though.

Simpson and Raylor were our weak spots again. Simpson in particular just wasn't up to scratch. The centre backs were quality-Saylor was dominant in the air and Colo is just great.

Blackburn put pressure on Cabaye very quickly as they obviously pin pointed that everything would be going through him. This left space for Obertan and Tiote who both were very good. Obertan seemed to doubt his ability in what to do once he got 20 yards from goal.

Ba, like at Villa, put in a very lively performance. Will be great to have him fully fit.

Stevie, I was keeping my eye out for a Steve Howey look-alike, I didn't see you though.

Also, for whoever said it, the sports direct signs are everywhere around the ground. The east stand is plastered in it now.

Thought we played very well. Probably wise not to go for the kill at 3-1. A freak goal by them could have caused all sorts of panic. Would have been nice to trash them though.

Simpson and Raylor were our weak spots again. Simpson in particular just wasn't up to scratch. The centre backs were quality-Saylor was dominant in the air and Colo is just great.

Blackburn put pressure on Cabaye very quickly as they obviously pin pointed that everything would be going through him. This left space for Obertan and Tiote who both were very good. Obertan seemed to doubt his ability in what to do once he got 20 yards from goal.

Ba, like at Villa, put in a very lively performance. Will be great to have him fully fit.

Stevie, I was keeping my eye out for a Steve Howey look-alike, I didn't see you though.

Also, for whoever said it, the sports direct signs are everywhere around the ground. The east stand is plastered in it now.

Well I was at the middle bar at half time. I never go to the one on the bottom cos there's nee point, too far and it's full of scruffs. Seemed busier than any time this season. Keep coming if we're going to play like that every time you turn out.

I seen nee Chris Baird lookalikes neither :nufc: I walked across to the bookies at half time when I got the drinks and got Ba first scorer second half though

Edited by McFaul

That Holleit looks like a handy player. I also quite like Olson but haven't seen much of him (silly red card though).

Can't believe the unbeaten run we're having. More of the same and we can leave the relegation lark behind and focus on a strong season. Dreading January coming around like...

The problem with Simpson is he just 'does a job'. He doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, but doesn't excel in any areas either.

Sorry I missed you, Stevie. Was keeping an eye out. Took ages to get a half time pint too.

The last 15 minutes will have done wonders for the players confidence.

The problem with Simpson is he just 'does a job'. He doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, but doesn't excel in any areas either.

That about sums him up. Not the worst player in the world and wont let us down. Probably a mid-table player and thats exactly what we are .

Football Or Religion? For Some Geordies Football IS Religion

Updated Monday, 26th September 2011

Newcastle United RSS Feed

Demba Ba was hampered at the start of the season by his religion. As a Muslim, Ba was expected to fast in August, prohibited from eating and drinking during daylight hours.

I know some Toon fans have questioned it, particularly as many of the Newcastle players are equally as religious and it says in the 'good book' they should "rest" on a Sunday ... but the play for the team regardless.

Or, as some suggest, perhaps next year he takes a month off without pay to do his fasting?

Something he says he would refuse to do because he continues to train during this period.

Demba Ba: “I trained every day.

“I did everything asked of me and I have been doing this (fasting) ever since I was a young boy.

“Sometimes it doesn’t affect you at all, sometimes you start feeling a bit tired.

"But it is not something new to me – I have been doing this for a long time.

"I am used to it and it is something very important to me.

"My faith is where I get my confidence and energy from. I will not quit doing this because I can’t.

“I was sharp during that time although maybe not quite as sharp as I would like to have been.”

Why can't these mugs form their own opinions, fucking I might as well write half of the articles, Anal used to use me, Barton used to quote me, Ryder steals ideas from me and now this.

Well, given Liverpool were in the market for a central midfield player and went for a vastly over priced Henderson ahead of Cabaye... :nufc:

Man U, Man City, Chelsea operate on a different level to us at the moment. We (and Arsenal) scout for potential gems, the others can afford to look at the finished product, or at least players on the cusp. So no, I'm not suggesting Carr is a better scout than the entire scouting network of the biggest football clubs on the planet :nufc:

I'm stating, that; as we cannot spend the big bucks on fees, nor wages, we have to rely on our scouting network. If Tiote, Cabaye and Ben Arfa are indicative of future windows I think we can put faith in our network to improve us piece by piece. I think over the course of his tenure he's proven he's a more than capable scout for a club like us. That's not delusional at all, it's a statement based on past events.

I think you're mistaking hope for prediction. You should hope for the best, not simply what's currently feasible, otherwise what's the point in hope?

You're right we should hope for the best, but it should be feasible, and hoping for Carr to prop up the club with brilliant signing after brilliant signing is not going to happen. Just my opinion, but I can't even entertain the idea that somehow we can go on paying under the odds both in transfer fees and wages and come up smelling of roses often enough for it to make us a force.

I'd agree you probably see yourself as basing your opinion on past events, and you are to an extend, but I would argue there is more hope than experience involved because Tiote and Cabaye (who has played 6 PL games by the way) are all well and good, but two great signings is not enough to confirm to me that he can do it forever (I don't include Ben Arfa because everyone knew he was a player and he signed with us because he has a reputation, a reputation that may rear its ugly head one day.) What happens when we sell Tiote and if Cabaye continues to perform we sell him too?

You may think Carr can do it again? I'm not so sure. For me there is not enough evidence that Carr is some sort of super scout. Two great signings close together does not make him some brilliant scouting mastermind. It more likely makes him, and by proxy us, very lucky. There can be no argument that the most likely explanation at this stage is luck. And it will continue to be so until he consistantly signs top players on the cheap for an extended period of time.

And the crux of it is, if it is luck then we can't expect Carr to get lucky on our behalf forever.

Note: I'm not trying to be a prick here, sometimes I notice during these sort of debates I come across as such. This is all good natured debate on my part.

Ok, I didn't say that Carr would "prop up the club with brilliant signing after brilliant signing. You say we can't operate within a strict wage structure, but Spurs do, Arsenal do etc. Also, I didn't say we're going to be a force, simply that we'll tick along in the premier league and hopefully he'll maintain his record. I don't agree that this is a delusion, what so ever.

I'd agree you probably see yourself as basing your opinion on past events, and you are to an extend

Go On, try and sound more condescending. :nufc:

I've never said he was a "super scout" I said that he's more than capable. In Tiote, Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux and Abeid he's brought some exceptional, some seemingly promising players on the cheap. You're saying that despite this, you doubt he can do it again, fair enough, but don't think you're reasoning is built on anything more than a pessimistic supposition. At least my hope is based upon evidence of things we have already seen.

You're right though, there can be no argument that these findings are down to luck. That would be naive to an extreme. By your rationale no network is good, they're all simply lucky. Man U discover Nani, but they also sign Djemba Djemba, Arsenal sign Anelka, they also sign Senderos. Chelsea sign Makelele and they sign Veron... So far no network has consistently signed top players for an extended period of time. Carr will of course be judged in the long run, but as it stands, my hope is that he continues his good start.

I know what you're trying to do; you're trying to manage expectations. That's all well and good, but please, read and understand a post before you try and pick it apart.

The crux of it is that I've said I hope for the best and expect something more feasible. You've ignored this and answered my post as if I'm expecting the infeasible and hoping for the impossible, which is foolish and as you say, makes you look a prick :nufc:

Once again, Carr did not " discover" Tiote. McClaren recommended him to us.

Thought he had him on his radar from his time at citeh?

Either way, I'm assuming we didn't simply take what soppy bollocks told us as gospel? :nufc:

Carr will have people 'recommending' players to him/us all the while, his job will often be as a filter. Still think Carr deserves the acknowledgement even if the Dutch Impressionist did flag him up first.

Carr will have people 'recommending' players to him/us all the while, his job will often be as a filter. Still think Carr deserves the acknowledgement even if the Dutch Impressionist did flag him up first.

Kind of already said that mm :nufc:

Yes but nobody pays attention to a man who has hair like black smoke.

Yes but nobody pays attention to a man who has hair like black smoke.

It's because I've not yet decided on the new pope.

Not true. Scouts had been visiting Holland since he arrived there and sometimes there were scouts from all the top premiership clubs there to see him. Tiote wasnt unknown, he was just developing with loads of scouts and clubs keeping an eye on him. The role of the scout is not to 'discover' a player inside FC Twente's squad (the idea which you have basically put forward), the scouting networks are aware of most young players with potential. The role of the scout is to recommend that millions of pounds are spent filling a need expressed by the manager.

McClaren's recommendation was that Tiote would adapt to the rigours of the English game. To claim the Dutch impressionist (loved that, had to re-use it) 'discovered' Tiote is faintly ridiculous. The thing that sets our scouting apart from others was that we went ahead and did the deal.

Not true. Scouts had been visiting Holland since he arrived there and sometimes there were scouts from all the top premiership clubs there to see him. Tiote wasnt unknown, he was just developing with loads of scouts and clubs keeping an eye on him. The role of the scout is not to 'discover' a player inside FC Twente's squad (the idea which you have basically put forward), the scouting networks are aware of most young players with potential. The role of the scout is to recommend that millions of pounds are spent filling a need expressed by the manager.

McClaren's recommendation was that Tiote would adapt to the rigours of the English game. To claim the Dutch impressionist (loved that, had to re-use it) 'discovered' Tiote is faintly ridiculous. The thing that sets our scouting apart from others was that we went ahead and did the deal.

I would be surprised if McClaren hadn't recommended him to many clubs. I'd imagine they also had a wee look at him, then either decided that he wasn't for them, or wanted to wait for other avenues to close for whatever reason?

You are wrong.