Newcastle United 3-1 Blackburn Rovers

Tom

Hopefully we don't get the usual 15:00 can't be arsed crowd who sit and moan for 90 minutes. As that's normally a factor in these type of games.

That is inevitable. I think Arsenal 4-4 is the only exception to that.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we don't get the usual 15:00 can't be arsed crowd who sit and moan for 90 minutes. As that's normally a factor in these type of games.

Help by the whingers fucking off at half-time though :lol:

Help by the whingers fucking off at half-time though :lol:

hahaha

Thank you for being our scapegoat Alex!

2J holds me responsible for the relegation so it's nothing new.

:lol: I've never seen you wearing a Newcastle shirt since mind. So it's obviously doing some good.

Where's this fixture register on the pisseasystarttotheseason-ometer ???

Given they've beaten us the last 5 times up here I guess it should be considered VERY VERY tough ??

No game is piss easy in this league, but by comparison you could barely assemble a better run of games to start a season with, and certainly couldn't expect anything better from a random draw. We should beat Blackburn IMO, but our match against them at home (I think) was a painful painful horrible horrible match to watch. If it's better than that it's at least something. That's the least I expect because to be worse would be quite remarkable.

Where's this fixture register on the pisseasystarttotheseason-ometer ???

Given they've beaten us the last 5 times up here I guess it should be considered VERY VERY tough ??

No game is piss easy in this league, but by comparison you could barely assemble a better run of games to start a season with, and certainly couldn't expect anything better from a random draw. We should beat Blackburn IMO, but our match against them at home (I think) was a painful painful horrible horrible match to watch. If it's better than that it's at least something. That's the least I expect because to be worse would be quite remarkable.

At least Fat Sam isn't still their manager. That gave last season's defeat an air of inevitability.

Last seasons lineup for us in this fixture.

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Williamson Enrique

Barton Tiote Nolan Gutierrez

Carroll Ameobi

We've got a bit weaker but the focus of creativity is now central rather than out to the right and doesnt rely on two players creating the space for Barton to cross from. If you look at Barton's deliveries last year, they were largely based on dragging players out of position to give him space to deliver. Obertan may be a bit shit but if he does create its from taking a man on, not from engineering collection of the ball in space and delivering the cross.

This is their lineup from last season and from Arsenal (positions may be out). Not sure if they have stregthened, new midfield etc. Good defence on paper but they have shipped 10 goals so far to our 2.

(Last season)

Robinson

Samba Givet Nelsen Salgado

Jones Chimbonda Emerton Kalinic

Pedersen Hoilett

(v Arsenal)

Robinson

Salgado (Petrovic 18) Samba Givet Dann

Formica (Vukcevic 65) Nzonzi Lowe Rochina (Olsson 56 yellow card)

Hoilett Yakubu

If Jonas and Obertan are on top of their game we should win this at a canter, from the games I've seen of Blackburn this season Salgado and Givet look out of their depth at full-backs and we should look to get the ball wide and get at them.

Hopefully the curse Blackburn has seemed to have over us the past few year disappears and we get 3 points we should be getting against them and fingers crossed Ben Arfa gets some valuable minutes on the field too and we should get away with a 2-0

I predict a piss poor game and 1-0/1-1.

I think they'll have a hangover from their Arsenal game, but I reckon any of our lads (other than Colo and Wilson) who played in the cup will struggle if they're put straight in from the start.

I'd start with

-----------------------Krul

-------Simpson Saylor Colo Raylor :lol:

Jonas/Marveaux Tiote Cabaye Jonas/Marveaux

----------------------Ba Best

Around the 60 minute mark, if all is well, I'd be aiming to bring on Obertan, for Marveaux (fitness), Sameobi for whichever of the forward two is struggling and BArfa should come on for the final 10-15 minutes. Try and bring some impetus into play against the tired legs of B'burn

I do rate us in the 2nd half these days, Pardew seems to be happy to change the system or personnel. To be honest I think he's very good at reacting to tactical or motivational problems. So if we're struggling in the 1st half (which I expect us to) but go in level or taking a slender lead into the break, I'd fully expect us to see the game off. If it's the other way round, I think the draw is likely

Dave, what the fuck?

Yeah you're right, I should have instead said something about being the 2nd smartest in my year, then prove on here that, if true, it's a damning indictment of the Irish education system...

To quote Stevie; "Pipe down you mug." :lol:

Last season this was the sort of game we'd come into after some good results, expect a win and fuck it up every time, but this year i'm hoping we will have sorted that. I'm going for a win, and if we score relatively early a comfortable win!