Song for Coloccini

Zathras

Since i haven't been to a game since Shearer scored THAT volley against Everton (haven't even been in the UK since then, sadly) I don't know if there are any songs for Colo at the moment. But here's one that we sing for my local team's captain, Kyle Altman.

To the tune of the Human League's "Don't you want me baby"

Captain Coloccini!

Coloccini Whoa-oh-oh-oh!

Coloccini baby!

Coloccini Whoa-oh-oh-oh!

Take it for what it's worth.

You live in Minnesota Zathras!? I'm a Vikings/Gophers/Twins/T'wolves/ Wild fan and want to come over to see the Vikings, know how cheap it'd be for me to get a flight plus hotel and shit?

You fucking love America. I bet you've got a stars, stripes and denim theme going on in your bedroom.

You live in Minnesota Zathras!? I'm a Vikings/Gophers/Twins/T'wolves/ Wild fan and want to come over to see the Vikings, know how cheap it'd be for me to get a flight plus hotel and shit?

You fucking love America. I bet you've got a stars, stripes and denim theme going on in your bedroom.

Hes from Cleethorpes, my guessing hes like Bronco out of AWP :lol:

Not really, I can just appreciate another culture without screaming "WE DIDN'T INVENT THAT SPORT/THING SO I DON'T LIKE IT". I just really like American sports, I also like Italian food but it doesn't mean I have a green, white and red tricolour themed bedroom design. Oh and what if I liked tea? Would that make me English despite the fact it's actually from China/India.

Also, I have no idea who the fuck Bronco out of AWP is.

But you know, whatever, i'll pretend to be all EDL and think "Britan shud b aboot British"

I do. Depending on where you want to stay/plan transportation, you could get a relatively cheap hotel rate, and given that MSP is still sort of a hub for Delta, there are plenty of flights. With Southwest now flying into MSP, rates are down a bit, although air travel rates in general are soaring.

Booking well in advance, I'm guessing going from Gatwick to MSP you could probably get a round trip flight with a stop for less than $1000 US. (A quick Expedia search gave me a round trip for $700.) There's pretty good public transport to the Vikings, Gophers, Wolves and Twins stadia, but the Wild's is a little tougher. Doable, but less ideal. Hotels could run you anywhere from $40-120 per night depending on where and how nice a place you want. It certainly could be done very cheaply.

Time the trip well and you ought to be able to see the Twins, Gopher (american) football and the Vikings, or the Vikings, Wild and Wolves. If you make it a summer trip, I'll take you to a US division 2 soccer game, and you'll get to experience the jackassery of 30-40 "real" football fans in a stadium of around 2,500 people looking at us like we're mad.

Feel free to PM me if you want delve into real details of scheduling/planning etc.

PS: Here's me with Captain Altman (I painted the banner)

300781_2310633295865_1550341400_32488139_1458141852_n.jpg

Edited by Zathras

I do. Depending on where you want to stay/plan transportation, you could get a relatively cheap hotel rate, and given that MSP is still sort of a hub for Delta, there are plenty of flights. With Southwest now flying into MSP, rates are down a bit, although air travel rates in general are soaring.

Booking well in advance, I'm guessing going from Gatwick to MSP you could probably get a round trip flight with a stop for less than $1000 US. (A quick Expedia search gave me a round trip for $700.) There's pretty good public transport to the Vikings, Gophers, Wolves and Twins stadia, but the Wild's is a little tougher. Doable, but less ideal. Hotels could run you anywhere from $40-120 per night depending on where and how nice a place you want. It certainly could be done very cheaply.

Time the trip well and you ought to be able to see the Twins, Gopher (american) football and the Vikings, or the Vikings, Wild and Wolves. If you make it a summer trip, I'll take you to a US division 2 soccer game, and you'll get to experience the jackassery of 30-40 "real" football fans in a stadium of around 2,500 people looking at us like we're mad.

Feel free to PM me if you want delve into real details of scheduling/planning etc.

PS: Here's me with Captain Altman (I painted the banner)

300781_2310633295865_1550341400_32488139_1458141852_n.jpg

Thanks a lot mate, real helpful! I'm only looking into it now but I was considering next August at the tail end of the preseason, so its easier to get Vikes tickets (hopefully McNabb will have gone by then and the dream of a Ponder-Peterson matchup can come through :lol:) , then I can see Twins too and if I stay long enough maybe the first game at TCF Bank Stadium. If I do i'd to come see the Stars too!

Thanks a lot mate, real helpful! I'm only looking into it now but I was considering next August at the tail end of the preseason, so its easier to get Vikes tickets (hopefully McNabb will have gone by then and the dream of a Ponder-Peterson matchup can come through :nufc:) , then I can see Twins too and if I stay long enough maybe the first game at TCF Bank Stadium. If I do i'd to come see the Stars too!

Mate, you'd save yourself a fortune in flights/tickets if you just bought the DVD.

41KNQY3VNSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:nufc:

Not really, I can just appreciate another culture without screaming "WE DIDN'T INVENT THAT SPORT/THING SO I DON'T LIKE IT". I just really like American sports, I also like Italian food but it doesn't mean I have a green, white and red tricolour themed bedroom design. Oh and what if I liked tea? Would that make me English despite the fact it's actually from China/India.

But you know, whatever, i'll pretend to be all EDL and think "Britan shud b aboot British"

Why? They'll all shit. Except NFL is alright.

Oh, and don't you fucking dare mention the EDL when quoting me.

Edited by StevenL

Why? They'll all shit. Except NFL is alright.

Oh, and don't you fucking dare mention the EDL when quoting me.

In your opinion. I also like cricket and football, the two most English sports around, so I don't get the problem? I like a lot of sports, I just happen to not really like rugby union (league is okay),

Sorry about the second one, possibly a bit too far, I just presumed you was a racist, especially the way you always go about hating the native Canadians for not holding upto tradition :\.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(I know this is sort of hijacking the original thread, but it's not worth starting a new one, and the Other Games thread is just too long)

We're taking a 3-1 lead into the second leg of the final. Best atmosphere at a match in aaaaages. I'll be flying down to Fort Lauderdale for the final. Spending as much time travelling as in town, but should be fun, nonetheless.

StarsPlayoffsStrikers20227DxO-L.jpg