Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United

2bias

Pardew said he would be watching them this weekend to guage how they might treat the game in the cup. Bottom with a game away to Norwich on saturday may mean they wont play their strongest side, so i think Pardew will rest a couple of players. S Taylor probably needs to let his nose heal a bit.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can see Williamson, Santon, Marveaux, HBA, Shola all starting this week

looking forward to this one going on with a couple of mates for my first toon game this season

Can see Williamson, Santon, Marveaux, HBA, Shola all starting this week

looking forward to this one going on with a couple of mates for my first toon game this season

Think Williamson is still about 3 weeks away from a return isn't he? So disturbingly that means we'll see Perch for Saylor if his nose is causing him trouble.

I wonder if Pardew will try to give Elliott more game time as he said last cup game, or stay with Krul because keepers don't need a rest. I think Santon will get a start for one of the fullbacks, Marveaux for one of the wingers and Ben Arfa for one of the strikers. Then it'll be interesting to see if he chucks in the likes of Gosling, Abeid, Vukic or Ameobi jnr. I also think Shola might start upfront with Ben Arfa with both our strikers being rested.

Ah course, forgot he was out, dont fancy seeing perch at CB, perhaps Kadar making the step up from reserve team captain?

was thinking the same with regards to Krul, he wont need rest and the more matches he gets the better with the form hes in

Looking forward to this as it's me first away game since the scum last season.

Hoping and expecting to see Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Santon and would like to see Abeid although I think we need to keep a pretty strong team if we want to progress.

Blackburn will be playing the dregs though its as Chez said and Im going on with a blackburn fan who has said he expects similar, they really need to concentrate on staying in the PL now

who knows, we know Taylor probably won't and that we have very little proper depth there especially if williamson cant play either could be any of them, Simpson, Perch, Kadar, Shola...I dunno

I think we should play a strong side too. Perhaps start Ben Arfa, rest Ba, drop Simpson, move Raylor to RB, play Santon LB, move Guti to RW and play Marveaux LW. Maybe rest one of Cabaye or Tiote and bring in Abeid, That just leaves the dilemma of whether to bench Taylor or Coloccini and bring in someone like Kadar or Perch (fucking hell).

If Tiote is a possible miss for the Stoke game then that no doubt means he's out for a month which is a massive blow. We all know Smith and Guthrie aren't up to the premiership and Gosling hasn't done great so far. I'd definitely be looking to play Gosling though tomorrow in the hope that he still can improve and would be the best bet for the Stoke game (and is probably the most natural replacement for Tiote). As much as I want to see Abeid, I can't really imagine he's going to be ready to be starting premiership games away to stoke.

I'm hoping for a good win inside the ninety minutes. Don't want extra time or penalties and not getting back up here til two.