Golf

Ally

From a man who spends half his life clad in lycra. <_<

:lol:

I was only saying the numbers are dwindling.

I was on a stag do recently. A few of the lads who went were golfers. I went around the course with them in the buggy. I can certainly see why its so addictive if there is 4 or more of you. The craic of the days was top and I wasnt even playing! The frustration was apparent too, one lad was hitting them beautifully off the tee only to follow up all the time with a shit shot, which added to the banter :lol:

On 5Live they were asking why the numbers were dwindling. Its not a cheap sport like and surly that has to be one of the main reasons. Membership fees etc. The other reason is the historic attitude in clubs. Around where I live are some really nice courses (apparently, like I say, I dont play) but they are members only, no women etc. You dont want tramps coming in like, but some of the looks the pompus old bastards give you just puts people off.

• 2 weeks later...

On the second? It must've been two very bad holes. Honestly, getting frustrated doesn't help your game at all. What you need to do is have a bad hole and start the next one afresh. Easier said than done but so much of the game is mental.

Slammed my pitching wedge to the floor in a radge on the 2nd today after a succession of shit shots. Snapped it. Fully deserved.

Btw, did you notice even roaring ditching the driver off the tee when he wanted to guarantee safety?

On the second? It must've been two very bad holes. Honestly, getting frustrated doesn't help your game at all. What you need to do is have a bad hole and start the next one afresh. Easier said than done but so much of the game is mental.

I did the same spazzed shot about 3 times in a row and just launched it. Really need to practice. I got round in 126 yesterday a small improvement on my opening round where I did 135 :lol: Made my first ever par on the 10th though, courtesy of a massively lucky bounce out of a bunker.

I average around the 90 mark. Maybe play 3 times in 4 weeks on average over the summer.

Tee Off Times app is good for finding cheap rounds. Golfshot app is also good for stats and scoring. Includes GPS distance-to-hole as well which is very handy.

I like playing with "club-chuckers". Its a frustrating sport but when you see other people do it, it makes you think twice about it next time...

I did the same spazzed shot about 3 times in a row and just launched it. Really need to practice. I got round in 126 yesterday a small improvement on my opening round where I did 135 :lol: Made my first ever par on the 10th though, courtesy of a massively lucky bounce out of a bunker.

126? Give up golf.

Cunts. I've watched a youtube video to improve my iron play. I'll report back after my next round

The best way to improve is to stay off the course and do a few hours a week on the driving range. Work up from the short irons and when warm work with the driver.

I used to do 2 hours on the range before I even went on the course (takes 10 shots off straight away). You should be giving yourself 2 free shots on all the holes and one free on the par 3's. Stick to that kind of psychological regime. Look to get down to under 110 as the first step.

The other thing is to get a one iron and use that instead of a driver. Leave the driver in the bag for a few months. If there is a practive putting green on your course use that for at least half an hour before you go on the course...The putter should feel like and extension of your arms...Sleep with it by the bed.

Edited by Park Life