Creepy/Good/Interesting Wiki pages

Besty

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard about that before like, especially in relation to the victims of hanging being known to ejaculate. Whatever turns you on I suppose. Year Zero and his mates are probably trying it this weekend. On a 'Gook'.

Edited by alex

http://www.stumbleup...calyptic_events

Parky throughout the ages?

1998, Mar 31 Hon-Ming Chen Hon-Ming Chen, leader of the Taiwanese cult God's Salvation Church, or Chen Tao - "The True Way" - claimed that God would come to Earth in a flying saucer at 10:00 am on this date. Moreover, God would have the same physical appearance as Chen himself. On March 25, God was to appear on Channel 18 on every TV set in the US. Chen chose to base his cult in Garland, Texas, because he thought it sounded like "God's Land."

:pmsl:

the March 1974 garrotings of Heinz Ches (real name Georg Michael Welzel) and Salvador Puig Antich, both accused of killing police officers (theirs were the last state-sanctioned garrotings in Spain and in the world)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrote

Bloody Hell! I thought it was just bulls and donkeys they were brutal to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_fire_of_Newcastle_and_Gateshead

Probably the most spectacular thing that's happened in peace time ever in the UK, and it happened in Newcastle, yet I didn't know about it.

The reverberation of the explosion was heard at North Shields, 10 miles (16 km) distant, where residents thought the shock was an earthquake. Gas lights in a Jarrow paper mill were blown out. Light debris from the fire was scattered across 6 miles (10 km) of Gateshead and environs. Miners in Monkwearmouth colliery, the deepest in the country and 11 miles (18 km) away, heard the explosion and came to the surface, concerned as to the cause. 20 miles (30 km) westward at Hexham; 35 miles (56 km) north at Alnwick; and 40 miles (64 km) south at Hartlepool the explosion was heard distinctly; and for 20 nautical miles (37 km; 23 mi) out to sea. The light of the flames could be seen, reflected in the sky, 50 miles (80 km) away at Northallerton. And whilst the report of the explosion travelled so far, people on the scene were insensible of it. They describe themselves as having been lifted from their feet and dashed down, the violence completely stunning them; and when they awoke in a stupor they had only the dim idea of a rolling sound in their ears.

The explosion crater was measured to have a depth of 40 feet (12 m), and a diameter of 50 feet (15 m).

fuck me.

Aye, i'd easy put the Great Fire of London ahead of it mind, for its time and everything too.

The Great Fire of London left a 40 feet deep crater did it? Clearly the toon explosion, was the biggest peace-time explosion these islands have ever known. Imagine the force of the blast for 20st bits of rock to land a mile and a half away, and for the blast to be heard in Hartlepool, Hexham, and the flames nearly seen in Leeds, it sounds like a fuckin nuke.

Aye, i'd easy put the Great Fire of London ahead of it mind, for its time and everything too.

The Great Fire of London left a 40 feet deep crater did it? Clearly the toon explosion, was the biggest peace-time explosion these islands have ever known. Imagine the force of the blast for 20st bits of rock to land a mile and a half away, and for the blast to be heard in Hartlepool, Hexham, and the flames nearly seen in Leeds, it sounds like a fuckin nuke.

Clearly it wasn't. Another Stevie 'fact'.

Clearly it wasn't. Another Stevie 'fact'.

Well you tell me a bigger one ray of sunshine.

Buncefield? Flixborough?

I don't seem to remember bits of rocks landing miles away at Buncefield. Was just a minor gas explosion in the grand scheme of things. Well googled re Flixborough, far less damage was done there though, and there were far fewer casualties.

There were windows broken five miles away from Buncefield. It was widely called the biggest explosion in peace time Europe.

A 'minor gas explosion'? For once in your life, why don't you just admit that you were wrong?

There were windows broken five miles away from Buncefield. It was widely called the biggest explosion in peace time Europe.

A 'minor gas explosion'? For once in your life, why don't you just admit that you were wrong?

Were there any casualties at Buncefield?

You're clutching at straws now. You want to compare the casualties of a warehouse explosion in a city in the 1800's to an explosion at an oil refinery in the 21st century? How do you think they compare?

I'm not spending my Tuesday morning arguing with a fool on the internet about such trivial matters. Buncefield was a bigger explosion, I couldn't be arsed debating it with you.

You're clutching at straws now. You want to compare the casualties of a warehouse explosion in a city in the 1800's to an explosion at an oil refinery in the 21st century? How do you think they compare?

I'm not spending my Tuesday morning arguing with a fool on the internet about such trivial matters. Buncefield was a bigger explosion, I couldn't be arsed debating it with you.

I'm not arguing with you, you arsehole, I'm telling you. The impact of the toon explosion quite clearly was far greater than the Buncefield one. The fact it was in the city and the best part of 1,000 people were injured and half the city blown to pieces tell you everything you need to know.