Wolves (a) 1st October

LeazesMag

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It the decisions were the opposite way round, we'd be greeting!! Horrible horrible ref. Good for us like, thank god another 3 points but he should be apologising to wolves like

aye but then wolves are a bunch of dirty cheating bastards who deserve every "bad" decisions that goes against them just for karmas sake

Absolutely shocking second half. What were we playing at? How Wolves didn't get a point out of that is beyond me.

Really worrying performance. Yes they were really going for it, to be fair... but we invited the pressure.

Can't complain about the win but it's a sour feeling one.

The last 20 mins or so were shocking, yes. But up until then I definitely think we were the better team.

Absolutely shocking second half. What were we playing at? How Wolves didn't get a point out of that is beyond me.

Really worrying performance. Yes they were really going for it, to be fair... but we invited the pressure.

Can't complain about the win but it's a sour feeling one.

No such animal in my book

Poor second half, Krul is one hell of a Keeper, Saylor was huge. Cabaye faded and second half passed him by a bit I thought, he doesn't do the blood and thunder games yet, he will though.

Another win though. Sweet.

It the decisions were the opposite way round, we'd be greeting!! Horrible horrible ref. Good for us like, thank god another 3 points but he should be apologising to wolves like

aye but then wolves are a bunch of dirty cheating bastards who deserve every "bad" decisions that goes against them just for karmas sake

Was just thinking the exact same thing.

Tottenham game should be a very good opportunity to give Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon some time on the pitch. The first two in particular I think didn't feature today because Pardew wouldn't have wanted to risk them - hence why we saw Lovenkrands and Guthrie out there today.

I was disappointed today with Tiote and Cabaye not able to wrestle any momentum back our way in the second half. Their substitutions really made a difference - when they ran at either Simpson or Raylor my heart was in my mouth every time.

Krul MOTM from Jonas.

Very happy with the 3 points.

However, we didn't deserve them, in the 2nd half we were absolutely pathetic, barely a shadow of the team that won last week.

A 2 goal lead in the first half was flattering to say the least.

Pardoo was at his absolute worst, Lovenkrands on for Ba when he had Sammy & Benny in the wings.

Raylor was awful so why didn't Pardoo give our new defender a run out.

Was Oberton playing today?

We won but it was hardly an inspiring performence ................. by anyone.

You'll always expect that level of pressure 2-0 up away from home. Decent performance iyam.

Some poor decision making by our lot late on.

I just felt we were too complacent.

Hopefully we'll not be so complacent in future now after that. Bit of a reality check. Would like Pardew to say something along those lines to the media and players. Perhaps he should have put subs on earlier.

Happy with today, some good stuff happening .

Bit of a strange game though, in that we played well but in end possibly "lucky" to get the result . Fuck that though - an away win's an away win , and if it's against some Midland's idiots - so much the better !

Been glad Best has been getting a chance too and I'd still stick with him. Although he gets grief and rarely 'shines' I think his work ethic has positive effect in our play and he seems to be slowly improving. Put a great ball in for Jonas that should've been put away.

Jours contente .

Pardoo was at his absolute worst, Lovenkrands on for Ba when he had Sammy & Benny in the wings.

Raylor was awful so why didn't Pardoo give our new defender a run out.

Lovenkrands deserved some minutes after his 2 goals against Forest. Can understand him not wanting to risk Ben Arfa getting injured when we're 2-0 up.

Don't agree with your second line there, if we're 2-0 up again there's no point risking Santon. Defensive subs are only for extreme cases if you ask me (injuries or truly awful performances).

The last 20 mins or so were shocking, yes. But up until then I definitely think we were the better team.

Yer joking aren't you? We were under the cosh for the entire second half.

You'll always expect that level of pressure 2-0 up away from home. Decent performance iyam.

Bang on.

I hope I'm just over-analysing and being too negative/pessimistic.

But most of all I hope we learn from that. We can't afford to be complacent. 2 weeks now for Pardew to drill that into the players. Plenty of time to analyse the negatives.

Bang on.

I'm genuinely surprised at people's expectations for the 2nd half. We still created 2/3 very good chances. Wolves are a decent side and McCarthy made some good subs. Good result and performance. Those deep crosses at Raylors post was obviously a tactical thing and worked well.

Pardew should slate Besty in private for not going to the corner flag late on.