Flair

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the saying, what goes up .... :lol:

Go on.

Ye kna, must come down!

Enjoying it while it lasts, over the moon if top 8 after 3rd Jan.

I hate to sound like ChristmasTree but I have a wonderful feeling about this season. It's going to be a good football year.

You're coveniantly ignoring the pen Wolves shouldve had and the apparently good goal they had chalked off.

If we're as open v Spurs they'll more than likely rip us a new one. Not that i'm not chuffed as nuts with results. Today was great. But chill the fuck oot man. We're at best a work in progress.

I hate to sound like ChristmasTree but I have a wonderful feeling about this season. It's going to be a good football year.

You're coveniantly ignoring the pen Wolves shouldve had and the apparently good goal they had chalked off.

If we're as open v Spurs they'll more than likely rip us a new one. Not that i'm not chuffed as nuts with results. Today was great. But chill the fuck oot man. We're at best a work in progress.

Agreed 100%

But, from little acorns :lol:

It could all end in tears, but I don't believe we're like Blackpool/Hull were, with their early runs, and "punching above our weight" we have some potentially VERY good players, who are getting better. T'is rather nice just now.

IYAM the best thing about this opening part of the season is that we won't be as easily dragged into a relegation fight when the inevitable late season collapse due to a small squad happens. Our best opening in recent memory was a year in which we dropped in free-fall at the end of the season to finish 13th. Getting points is good, but even if we have some truly promising players, the season is a long grueling process in which this squad's size will likely be found to be a weakness. Enjoy it while it lasts, and be thankful for it when we're not winning.

Let's just take the positives at the minute. We all expected a long, shitty season-there might be one in front of us still. We're winning games, not getting beaten and playing nicer football than we have in years.

We had chances to kill that game off today, Jonas from 1 yard and Ba had two efforts in the area. I don't think anyone is expecting top 6, but let's just call it another 3 points towards safety.

Work that will be undone when the foundations collapse as soon as offers come in for Tiote, Cabaye, Collo, Krul etc.

Work that will be undone when the foundations collapse as soon as offers come in for Tiote, Cabaye, Collo, Krul etc.

change the fucking record

I think we're just like blackpool & hull. We won't fall into relegation, but our position flatters us immensley and we all know it.

So we're not just like Blackpool and hull then.

Outside of the "real" class, which currently is Man U, Citeh and possibly Chelsea the league is a humungous mass of averageness.

All teams will have games where they have good and bad luck. We have certainly suffered our fair share of both. The fact is we won, we played some good football and we are third.

can we not just enjoy it some on here are only happy when we are doing bad to prove their point.

We are third top by merit.

Yep, we are third because we have a fantastic spine to the team so far. Krul has been brilliant, Colo is Colo, Taylor is playing like the lad he was hyped to be, Tiote is back to his best, Cabaye has fitted straight in and looks brilliant then we have 2 strikers who average a goal a game between them.

It's no coincidence we are doing so well and although I know we will finish a number of places below where we are now if we can keeps these players performing as they are whilst introducing the likes of Ben Arfa, Santon, Marveaux to the set up we can have a very good season.

I know my "expectations have been lowered etc.." but finishing 7th this season isn't unrealistic and would represent a very good season.

I think we're just like blackpool & hull. We won't fall into relegation, but our position flatters us immensley and we all know it.

Doing the team a massive disservice there if you ask me. We're there on merit, with a little bit of luck.

You're one with an agenda and sometimes it shows.

IYAM the best thing about this opening part of the season is that we won't be as easily dragged into a relegation fight when the inevitable late season collapse due to a small squad happens. Our best opening in recent memory was a year in which we dropped in free-fall at the end of the season to finish 13th. Getting points is good, but even if we have some truly promising players, the season is a long grueling process in which this squad's size will likely be found to be a weakness. Enjoy it while it lasts, and be thankful for it when we're not winning.

It's worth pointing that out that we're on this run/in this form with the same team being utilised in every match. People complain about depth, and they're right to but let's not forget that we've got the likes of Sammy Ameobi, Vuckic, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Abeid, Ferguson, Santon etc on the bench. That excites me.

can we not just enjoy it some on here are only happy when we are doing bad to prove their point.

We are third top by merit.

I wanted to do an analysis of post-match posts this season and in particular picking out all the moaning moody gits who posted reams of shite over the summer and who have had fuck all to say in match threads. Worse for me than having a moan after a lucky win is saying fuck all until we lose.

Couldnt be arsed though.