Favourite pubs or bars

geordieshandy

Where's everyones favourite pub/bar - can be for beer, craic, food whatever

I would probably say either Stereo or the Telegraph in Newcastle. During the summer both have unbeatable terraces and generally good music and banter are to be had in both. Fairly different but I have to say they are both good

For food, my personal favourite is the Gramby in Longframlington - absolutely awesome grub

The Fusilier. :blush:

5722[/snapback]

Liar :D

5724[/snapback]

I'm not even kidding.. I actually drink there now.. :D

5726[/snapback]

Old before your time eh?

The Fusilier. :D

5722[/snapback]

5724[/snapback]

I'm not even kidding.. I actually drink there now.. ;)

5726[/snapback]

Old before your time eh?

5728[/snapback]

Bringing some youth to Old Bob's Corner. :blush:

5722[/snapback]

5724[/snapback]

I'm not even kidding.. I actually drink there now.. ;)

5726[/snapback]

Old before your time eh?

5728[/snapback]

5729[/snapback]

Old Bob's corner is canny funny like, although I was scared to actually take the piss when I was in there.

5722[/snapback]

5724[/snapback]

I'm not even kidding.. I actually drink there now.. :blush:

5726[/snapback]

Old before your time eh?

5728[/snapback]

5729[/snapback]

Old Bob's corner is canny funny like, although I was scared to actually take the piss when I was in there.

5734[/snapback]

The first time we went a few months ago we were taking the piss, then suddenly all the locals got up out of that room and went into the next one and shut the door.. we were terrified they were preparing an initiation or something, turned out it was just quiz night though. ;)

The Box in Leeds

great food for £2.00 with a free pint , great if you get a window seat when it's sunny and watch all the student skirt wander past

The Box in Leeds

great food for £2.00 with a free pint , great if you get a window seat when it's sunny and watch all the student skirt wander past

5775[/snapback]

:D

The place is full of stuck up wankers! Gan to the Oak marra, its miles better. As for food, Citrus do some cracking stuff.

pretentious.... moi?

The Headingly Taps is better than the Oak man. The OO is the only place I've seen bother in Leeds, the abr areas are too small for the number of customers it gets and the price of beer is higher than it should be. The Box has top rate totty, top rate pool tables, plays SSN all day.... what more could you want?

The Three Horse Shoes is the perfect local mind, jukebox, cheap beer, good food, fit barmaids and pub quiz on tuesdays and thursdays

Don't get down Newcastle often enough to have a favourite.

In Consett it's probably the Soviet. On Saturdays it's 50p a bottle of Fosters, house trebles £1.99, plenty of spaces to sit down. Full of 6th forum talent usually. Only downside is the size of the toilets. Bloody tiny.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

5722[/snapback]

5724[/snapback]

5726[/snapback]

I was in there the other day, is old bob a dirty old tramp who looks like he's just shifted a ton of coal with his face and hands or is old bob a bloke that used to stand at the end of the bar all the time until he croaked it and is now rumoured to haunt the place.

5722[/snapback]

5724[/snapback]

5726[/snapback]

I was in there the other day, is old bob a dirty old tramp who looks like he's just shifted a ton of coal with his face and hands or is old bob a bloke that used to stand at the end of the bar all the time until he croaked it and is now rumoured to haunt the place.

5882[/snapback]

The latter, he has a plaque in his honour.

Most weatherspoons are good enough.. Cheap and with good company can be a laugh.

5963[/snapback]

Weatherspoons are cheap but thats all they've got going for them really. They are always understaffed so you wait ages to be served, there is no atmos in most of em and the food is processed and plasticky. But damn it the beers cheap :D

Most weatherspoons are good enough.. Cheap and with good company can be a laugh.

5963[/snapback]

Weatherspoons are cheap but thats all they've got going for them really. They are always understaffed so you wait ages to be served, there is no atmos in most of em and the food is processed and plasticky. But damn it the beers cheap :D

5968[/snapback]

That's what I mean.. the atmosphere may be poor but if you've got a crowd of mates there you can sort it so you have some good laughs etc..

Cheap laughs aswell seeing as the beer is cheap.

A friend used to run the Hilltop in Stanley, nice pub with good food, used to love staying there on my trips up.

Here in Torquay, my pub of the moment is a really friendly Irish bar over looking the harbour, good food, music and nice atmosphere.

Oh and i nearly forgot the Halfmoon in Paignton, its the best place to go for live music, tribute bands and local groups

Edited by Toonraider