Favourite pubs or bars

geordieshandy

Before it turned into a 21's bar, Chevies in Washington was very good for the average 17 year old with only a tenner to spend. Very cheap drink (£1.45 for a pint of Fosters at one point), decent atmosphere, good music and a few fit barmaids (few munters aswell, like). That was until it got a new owner. The occasional bout of trouble between the odd charva spoilt it for everyone and now she's cracked down on underage drinking. Funnily enough I read in the back of the local paper that they're applying for a license to stay open until 2-3am and a license to allow 16 year olds in the bar at all times because they're business has slowed right down.

Best pubs in Shields are Mackem pubs I'm afraid. The Fountain and the New Crown are always good for a bit craic. Dead friendly. Unless a certain mate of ours is in, after a few pints he just stares out the mackems till something kicks off.

Never watch the Football there though, always the Voyager for that. Which is a bit crap when people start chucking bottles off the roof and showering people with glass. But that's rare.

In Newcastle, Idols has gone off the boil but it's still pre-match drinking hole of choice. Non match days will see me in the Forth, Head of Steam, The Telegraph, that area.

On the odd night out in town we end up in the pubs near the central station, round from pink lane , they used to be drinking dens but they've been done up a bit lately, still handy for the indian round the corner though, Latiffs.

Before that Weatherspoon, Yates, Bodega can't remember all of them

Edited by LeazesMag

Cluny's me fave for all round atmosphere, foods good n'all.

Food wise, the Lion and Lamb in Horsley.

I remember being in the Fusilier a while ago on a Friday night, load of charvers kicked off and were banned by the landlady one of em gave her cheek then walked out. One of the locals walked past us while we're playing pool, selected a cue, apologised for disrupting the game then casually strolled out and twatted the kid. Couple of minutes later he wanders back in and sticks the now smashed cue in the corner and carried on with his pint.

Quality night.

Aye I'm a fan of the Cluny aswell Pud, lovely place, and I quite like the food. Aslo like the telegraph for it's quality terrace. Quayside Bar is great aswell.

Aside form that, I'm the type who'll go anywhere really, so there arent many places I moan about. Apart from the Bigg Market like, fucking hate the place.

Aye I'm a fan of the Cluny aswell Pud, lovely place, and I quite like the food. Aslo like the telegraph for it's quality terrace. Quayside Bar is great aswell.

Aside form that, I'm the type who'll go anywhere really, so there arent many places I moan about. Apart from the Bigg Market like, fucking hate the place.

6269[/snapback]

Think that sums me up, I'm not really that arsed. Christ, I used to drink in Whitely Bay every weekend so anything else feels like a step up.

Think that sums me up, I'm not really that arsed. Christ, I used to drink in Whitely Bay every weekend so anything else feels like a step up.

6563[/snapback]

I think I occasionally see you in Dundees when the match is on like.

:lol:

Just wondering if anyone here drinks in Sunderland?

6577[/snapback]

Never have, hopefully never will.

6581[/snapback]

Its quite good I think like, athough I've never been to Newcastle before. Although the mackem accent does piss me off.

6577[/snapback]

6581[/snapback]

Its quite good I think like, athough I've never been to Newcastle before. Although the mackem accent does piss me off.

6583[/snapback]

Aren't you a mackem though?

Cluny's me fave for all round atmosphere, foods good n'all.

Food wise, the Lion and Lamb in Horsley.

I remember being in the Fusilier a while ago on a Friday night, load of charvers kicked off and were banned by the landlady one of em gave her cheek then walked out. One of the locals walked past us while we're playing pool, selected a cue, apologised for disrupting the game then casually strolled out and twatted the kid. Couple of minutes later he wanders back in and sticks the now smashed cue in the corner and carried on with his pint.

Quality night.

6077[/snapback]

Occasionly venture into the cluny but the last time i went there must have been a goth/punk night as the place looked like a bomb had went off the amount of shrapnel sticking out of various parts of peoples faces, it was enough to knock you off your babysham, prefer the tyne to be honest.

6577[/snapback]

6581[/snapback]

6583[/snapback]

6607[/snapback]

No, why did you think that?

6577[/snapback]

6581[/snapback]

6583[/snapback]

6607[/snapback]

No, why did you think that?

6729[/snapback]

I thought you lived in Sunderland, obviously! :lol: