Stephen Robert Bruce in the next 4 games.

Flair

Shamelessly nicked off SMB but it is quality. ;) Add to this, I agree that I think they can easily lose their next four games. Last one being Man. U.

Arsenal 0-2 defeat.

"Make no mistake, Arsenal have some top top players. I'm disappointed in the two goals we conceded but there are some positives that we can take. The experience up front will help Ji, but I've always said that when you are bringing players in from abroad, you have to give them time to settle in. When I signed Wilson Palacios at Wigan, he hardly got a game for 18 months. But what I can't fault is the lads' commitment to turn things around."

Bolton 0-1 defeat.

"It wasn't the greatest game of course but I have to say that until they scored, I think that we were a match for them. The goal changed the game, and you could see that after that they lifted their game and made it difficult for us to get back into it. I won't be resigning, it's not being in the bottom three in October that matters, it's where you finish in May. Last season we finished in 10th place - our 3rd best finish in 55 years - and if I was the right man for the job then Im the right man for the job now."

Villa 0-1 defeat.

"I understand the fans' frustration - noone feels more disappointed than me. I have to say that I don't think that the negativity today helped the players, but if there's one thing I've learned over the years, its that you need to have the hide of an elephant to be a successful manager. I suppose you could say that it was a typical Darren goal in many ways - perhaps if we had that kind of finishing ability to choose from now, we would have taken one of our chances in the first half. But how many Darren Bents are out there? We know it will be hard at Old Trafford next week, but we'll give it a go."

Mon 31 October - text - Sunderland have confirmed that Steve Bruce has left the club, Kevin Ball will take temporary charge. More on safc.com soon.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...2#ixzz1ZuFngzsg

Edited by Flair

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce will never be accepted by the mackems.

We reject him as a Newcastle supporter, but in spite of that, the mackems will always see him as one of us.

He was mad going there in the first place tbh.

It will probably be the last half decent job he will get as a manager, he'll be back at someone like Sheffield Utd when he gets the sack.

Bar the two 7th place finishes, last year's 10th was as good as out they've done in the top flight for about 50 years. Late 50s / early 60s iirc. Deluded?

We reject him as a Newcastle supporter, but in spite of that, the mackems will always see him as one of us.

It will probably be the last half decent job he will get as a manager, he'll be back at someone like Sheffield Utd when he gets the sack.

No-one to blame but himself on that one. Did the damage at the '99 cup final.

They've signed old players from Man United, O'Shea I would take but there's no way Brown is going to play out his contract. Larson, Gardner & Vaughan were all from relegated teams. Westwood & Wickham Have little experience at Championship level, although Wickham could be a great player. Apart from Bendtner who is only on loan they are relatively unheard of, Dong-Jon and some kid from Derry.

They expected great things and instant success, calling Newcastle fans jealous and bitter when we weren't impressed with their spending. Luckily they seem to have spent all their money from Henderson & Bent or pretty much anyway because it will be a while before they get a player of Bent's class again or a club daft enough to pay through the teeth for a player like Henderson.

The only people too surprised by Sunderland's form this are Sunderland's own fans. Even Bruce doesn't know what the fuss is all about...

It's remarkable how poorly they've done with their recruiting on the whole. The thing that sticks, though is that when they get a player of decent abiltiy - Bent, Cana, Henderson, Gyan - they never want to stick around for long. Granted some decent money has come their way for some of their outgoing players but the money seems to get spent with not a great deal to show for it. They strike me as a tream that has no unity or care. Will have another dull season with few highlights finishing in the lower part of the middle of the table. I can't see that cycle changing unless the owners cut off the money supply in which case they'll start to slide closer to the drop.

No-one to blame but himself on that one. Did the damage at the '99 cup final.

and before that too.

any newcastle fans daring to question their signings are just 'deluded mags', Bruce has spent very poorly

they have also sold their 2 best players, arguably.

Bruce would have definitely mentioned them "dominating" a couple of those games.

It's all well and good signing a lot of players but when they are all average you aren't really going anywhere, especially when they needed to replace the 6(?) players they had on loan for a start.

Brewce must be feeling like the fattest turkey in the farmyard atm, with xmas approaching and the farmer sharpening his knives. I think I read somewhere he's now favourite for next manager sacked, and he's lost his mate as chairman too.

I would take a defeat to remove a crap manager. Hell, I've been thinking that for about 6 months now, so it isn't such a bad question to ask. It is all about the long term, and in the long term, a Bruce led Sunderland would continue to spend a fair amount on mediocre players that under achieve. As for O'Neill going there, I doubt it. He'd want to spend fairly big to turn the team around and it looks like the American guy is being more careful with the money from now on.

• 1 month later...