he world’s 50th most marketable athletes

wykikitoon

Load of bollocks. The yank ones are only known in America so how can you market them worldwide. Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney will be head and shoulders above everyone else purely because of football being 3 or 4 times bigger than anything else. Probably Bolt next, Lewis Hamilton, then Nadal. Many years since the yanks had a truly global icon.

Basketball is massive though in places like Japan though isnt it?

I donno, one place though? American sports sphere of influence are probably USA, Canada, Japan and Taiwan. British sports are basically every country on earth.

I donno, one place though? American sports sphere of influence are probably USA, Canada, Japan and Taiwan. British sports are basically every country on earth.

Only true of football really. Which was invented by the Chinese anyway according to Sepp Blatter.

Only true of football really. Which was invented by the Chinese anyway according to Sepp Blatter.

Maybe, but golf, rugby and cricket absolutely dwarf any yank sport not to mention F1 and tennis.

Maybe, but golf, rugby and cricket absolutely dwarf any yank sport not to mention F1 and tennis.

I wouldn't argue. I can think of someone who will mind ;)

The money in US sports is absolutely mental like, irrespective of all that.

I wouldn't argue. I can think of someone who will mind ;)

The money in US sports is absolutely mental like, irrespective of all that.

I just glanced over some of the Yanks as I dont really know any, but one guy had a $58m contract! WTF!

America's the biggest economy in the world, and quite a few of its sports have big followings in Japan/China etc, which are number 2 and 3, so thats why their stars are so marketable, combined with basketball having a relatively large following in Europe (The Euro Basket is like their equivalent to what cricket etc is over here). I bet it's mostly Association football players though right? I didn't read it all, who's number 1? Beckham I presume?

couldnt give a shit thats all i know is that i will still have little amounts of money and the closest i get to being marketed is noticing a tv crew and just standing behind the reporter on my phone telling my mate im on the news!

couldnt give a shit thats all i know is that i will still have little amounts of money and the closest i get to being marketed is noticing a tv crew and just standing behind the reporter on my phone telling my mate im on the news!

You might be able to scrape onto a list of the 50th most marketable Welshmen on Toontastic then.

America's the biggest economy in the world, and quite a few of its sports have big followings in Japan/China etc, which are number 2 and 3, so thats why their stars are so marketable, combined with basketball having a relatively large following in Europe (The Euro Basket is like their equivalent to what cricket etc is over here). I bet it's mostly Association football players though right? I didn't read it all, who's number 1? Beckham I presume?

Usain Bolt

Beckham aint in the top 50

Usain Bolt

Beckham aint in the top 50

Argh of course, makes sense. Really? I reckon he'd have undoubtably been top 5 in like 08, he cant have dropped that much surely?

I didnt think of Becks until you mentioned him tbh. Has his time come and gone?

Totally, but Americans still think he's some sort of Messi for some bizarre reason, I guess Henrys eclipsed him as their main go to guy now... Or maybe Robbie Keane :lol:

It's an odd one I'd agree with Stevie that Rooney and co are more worldwide marketable than the yank sportsmen but the money in American sports is unbelievable I think the Yankees have 3 of the top 5 highest paid sportsmen in the world in their squad, then you get ones like that Sam Bradford who's on that list that gets a $78m contract over 6 year and that's just off his club, absolutely mental. Must come from all the adverts every 20 seconds in the games.

It's an odd one I'd agree with Stevie that Rooney and co are more worldwide marketable than the yank sportsmen but the money in American sports is unbelievable I think the Yankees have 3 of the top 5 highest paid sportsmen in the world in their squad, then you get ones like that Sam Bradford who's on that list that gets a $78m contract over 6 year and that's just off his club, absolutely mental. Must come from all the adverts every 20 seconds in the games.

The problem with it is that not all his moneys guaranteed etc, like there was an Oakland Raider called Jamarcus Russell, one of the best prospects out of college(picked number 1 first round), was given in insanely good contract, turned out he couldnt handle to pro game and had his contract terminated after a few years :lol: I think he only ended up getting like $40 million of his $60 million contract.

Also, with the drafts, I love them personally, really helps keep things even, and make sure its not just the same team winning every year, sort of thing that wouldn't work at all in football, but our system wouldn't work over there, it's just nice to have each sport with a differing system.

The problem with it is that not all his moneys guaranteed etc, like there was an Oakland Raider called Jamarcus Russell, one of the best prospects out of college(picked number 1 first round), was given in insanely good contract, turned out he couldnt handle to pro game and had his contract terminated after a few years :lol: I think he only ended up getting like $40 million of his $60 million contract.

Also, with the drafts, I love them personally, really helps keep things even, and make sure its not just the same team winning every year, sort of thing that wouldn't work at all in football, but our system wouldn't work over there, it's just nice to have each sport with a differing system.

Aye Bradford is guaranteed $50m of it, I like the draft system in all shittest team gets the highest pick and all but it only works over here because you can't get relegated like back home. Russell was a nightmare turned up to training camp after 4 woeful seasons weighing over 300lbs ;) that's the one downside of the draft I guess, you have to pay the best prospects mental money with no guarantee they'll be able to handle it.

Aye Bradford is guaranteed $50m of it, I like the draft system in all shittest team gets the highest pick and all but it only works over here because you can't get relegated like back home. Russell was a nightmare turned up to training camp after 4 woeful seasons weighing over 300lbs ;) that's the one downside of the draft I guess, you have to pay the best prospects mental money with no guarantee they'll be able to handle it.

And look at Brady! I love the way the scouts have to check not only the best but the ones that'd fit into the pro-game better, like Tebow not going higher up in 2010 despite being arguably the best NCAA QB of all time. In America the entire relegation really wouldn't work so I like the way they do it, but imagine how bad it'd be if England used a similar system :'). "And 1st pick, out of the University of Loughborough Lions... Striker Wayne Rooney"

:lol:

sad but true. anyway kudos to you it made me laugh