Beards

Lazarus

• 8 years later...

To show fealty to our new Overlords, might be time to get Chin Mingeing lads. 

Assuming you don’t already sport a glorious facial nest? 
I know certain bogtrotting fellows are Talibanning it up, and it’s a knocking bet Gloom and Fish have cat-lickers :lol:

42 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I know certain bogtrotting fellows are Talibanning it up, and it’s a knocking bet Gloom and Fish have cat-lickers :lol:

Couldn’t grow one even if I wanted to. :lol:

• Haha 2

Honest question does having a beard make wearing a face mask to stop the spread of the virus pointless. Won't germs be able to sneak in?

edit..germs not gems coz that would be daft

Edited by Tdansmith

11 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Honest question does having a beard make wearing a face mask to stop the spread of the virus pointless. Won't gems be able to sneak in?

If it’s a proper mask with a filter on it. Yes having a beard will prevent it from working properly as you don’t get a good seal around the mouth and nose. At work we need to a fit test to confirm the seal before going into areas where they are required. If you have a beard or even a few days stubble it will stop them working properly.

if it’s just a surgeons type paper mask or a home made t-shirt over the face type mask the main purpose seems to be to stop your coughs and sneezes infecting others rather than stop you breathing in nasties. So the beard shouldn’t make too much difference there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Haven't had a shave for almost three weeks, last time I tried to grow a tache, around the 18 year old age I got that much stick from my mates I never bothered again. That was nearly 30 years ago. :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ant said:

Did that for Halloween years ago, but reckon that was OK loved Mr.T since I was 5, even wrote into jim'll fix it to meet him, would've been worth it :lol :

:lol: That was NOT ok 

On 4/25/2020 at 21:16, Monkeys Fist said:

Less a beard and more Becher's Brook these days. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Did that for Halloween years ago, but reckon that was OK loved Mr.T since I was 5, even wrote into jim'll fix it to meet him, would've been worth it :lol :

:lol:

Young Ant walking into a darkened cupboard in the BBC studios and senses a figure beside him:

"Now then, now then, I am the actual Mr T and I've seen a letter saying you've been a good lad and want to meet me and work with the A team, hahahaha! Well young Anthony, my lad, Face, Hannibal and that crazy fool Murdoch are stuck in an abandoned warehouse where they were building a tank with a few spare pipes and an old pick-up truck but the suckers are surrounded by the army for a crime they never committed and need Mr T's help. Now then, now then Anthony, me young whippersnapper lad, you're going to have to help me, Mr T, to go help them. I have a specially martial arts trained swan who can scatter the army at the front whilst me and the the rest of the A team escape out of the back. Anthony, the specially trained swan has hurt his neck so I, Mr T need you to stroke it better. There's a Jim'll fix it badge in it for you if you do a good job, lad."

• Haha 3