Upgrade complete - bugs and notes here

Welcome to the new hopefully faster :pray: Toontastic forums

A few things that ya might not notice that have been added

Themes:

We've now got 3 you can use, pick whatever one you want and it'll stay set anytime you login, this is changed at the very bottom left of the page by clicking "Change Theme", all the same features work throughout all the themes, it's a personal preference thing what you like the look of best.

SideBar:

On the main page (/board/) There's a wee bar to the right hand side,

The calendar bit will contain up and coming fixtures for the toon, previous results etc the Birthdays as usual.

Tags: this is a different type of search, if you click on certain tags in there, or on the main forums themselves it'll run a search bringing up threads with that Tag attached to it, if there's a thread made about Santon, and someone Tags it with his name for instance.

Recent Threads: self explanatory a short list of recently updated threads you can use as a short-cut.

The side bar can be hidden by clicking the X, and it'll expand the forums to full width, it can be renabled the same way, or you can just collapse certain bits you don't want to see with X's at the corner of each section

sidebar.jpg

Images and the like:

No more arsing about with youtube videos and whatever tiny part of the url you needed, just paste the full link/url and the forum will take care of the rest, this works for a host of sites for example flickr photosets. (just going paste in the link of some random photo album from the main flickr page, i'll leave it to M.Fist to find something more appropriate)

Searching:

I might still install a more optimised engine for this but we'll see how we go/how the speed is, anyway at the top of each forum there are quick links to sort/filter the forum by start date,most viewed etc.

At the bottom of the page instead of flicking through pages of the forum you can "load more topics" to just extend the page, or if you want to jump to a specfic page click where it says "Page 1 of XXX" and enter it.

if you hover over a topic, towards the right hand side you'll see a icon_expand_close.png icon click the bit that's not an X and you'll get a preview of the topic with options to jump to certain parts of it.

tapatalk, other crap *types quicker*

Stuff still to be done:

Emoticons need cleaned up, and the boards will be getting a bit of a change layout/section wise,

Rugby just started figure the rest out for yourself :D *zooms*

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the new hopefully faster :pray: Toontastic forums

A few things that ya might not notice that have been added

Themes:

We've now got 3 you can use, pick whatever one you want and it'll stay set anytime you login, this is changed at the very bottom left of the page by clicking "Change Theme", all the same features work throughout all the themes, it's a personal preference thing what you like the look of best.

SideBar:

On the main page (/board/) There's a wee bar to the right hand side,

The calendar bit will contain up and coming fixtures for the toon, previous results etc the Birthdays as usual.

Tags: this is a different type of search, if you click on certain tags in there, or on the main forums themselves it'll run a search bringing up threads with that Tag attached to it, if there's a thread made about Santon, and someone Tags it with his name for instance.

Recent Threads: self explanatory a short list of recently updated threads you can use as a short-cut.

The side bar can be hidden by clicking the X, and it'll expand the forums to full width, it can be renabled the same way, or you can just collapse certain bits you don't want to see with X's at the corner of each section

sidebar.jpg

Images and the like:

No more arsing about with youtube videos and whatever tiny part of the url you needed, just paste the full link/url and the forum will take care of the rest, this works for a host of sites for example flickr photosets. (just going paste in the link of some random photo album from the main flickr page, i'll leave it to M.Fist to find something more appropriate)

Searching:

I might still install a more optimised engine for this but we'll see how we go/how the speed is, anyway at the top of each forum there are quick links to sort/filter the forum by start date,most viewed etc.

At the bottom of the page instead of flicking through pages of the forum you can "load more topics" to just extend the page, or if you want to jump to a specfic page click where it says "Page 1 of XXX" and enter it.

if you hover over a topic, towards the right hand side you'll see a icon_expand_close.png icon click the bit that's not an X and you'll get a preview of the topic with options to jump to certain parts of it.

tapatalk, other crap *types quicker*

Stuff still to be done:

Emoticons need cleaned up, and the boards will be getting a bit of a change layout/section wise,

Rugby just started figure the rest out for yourself :D *zooms*

oh aye i suggest you click "Mark as read" for each forum on the mainpage, it'll make it easier to see new posts from now on, after the upgrade it considers everything unread, couldn't be helped.

it's these icons you want to click to do the above

starunread.png

f_icon.png

f_icon.png

oh aye i suggest you click "Mark as read" for each forum on the mainpage, it'll make it easier to see new posts from now on, after the upgrade it considers everything unread, couldn't be helped.

it's these icons you want to click to do the above

starunread.png

f_icon.png

f_icon.png

Is there anyway of jumping to the last page of a thread in the mobile theme?

They took that out in another moment of "genius" i was reading requests for it to be added back in, i'll see if there is any hacks/fudges to do it, for now if you mark as read it'll take you to last read post on a topic from then on.

I've actually had to hack topic descriptions back in as well, removed those but kept the content for them in the database.

should be a back to general chat link at the bottom right corner of the last post in here for instance is that what ya mean?

tbh i can't remember it from the old forum but i'll go have a look

I think I know what Gemmill is on about. There used to be a breadcrumb trail (i.e. Toontastic > Main Boards > General Chat) at the bottom of a forum and thread view but we don't have it any more.

What we do have is an 'up' arrow in the centre of the screen at the bottom of the page. Clicking this automatically returns you to the top of the page where you can click on the breadcrumb trail

What's everyone's view on this? Personally I did use the trail at the bottom of the page but I'm prepared to give this 'back to the top' link a go. I guess if it was really missed we could look at bringing it back.

It's a good call - some of the sigs are bloody huge.

I reckon we could put a limit on what's permitted. Was there something you used to do before Gemmill? I wasn't aware of anything to turn the sigs off.

Looking good Ant. Nice work. Liking the fast reply and spell check. Only one problem - where's Stokoe gone..?

Check out the default avatar pic (i.e. for those who haven't uploaded an avatar) :)

My Settings > Ignore Preferences >

theres a check box to either ignore all signatures "Ignore all signatures when reading topics"

or you can add in specific people with just an ignore sig option