England no longer the attraction in Toon

thenorthumbrian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shite read that was. I like how he quotes Milburn as if he's still alive too. I know copy standards at regional papers usually leave a bit to be desired but that read like it was written by a whinging school boy.

During the Euro Qualifiers England's average attendance was 16 thousand higher than the next best (France), I just don't get people who think that England is so badly supported and that the entire nation isn't behind them. "Gone are the days of Alan Shearer as England captain too". I don't get this bit more than anything, like the England captain has to play for Newcastle or Newcastle fans are gonna switch off? There's plenty of teams that have fuck all representing them from any national team nevermind England and you don't see them kicking a fuss about it, i'd rather have no Newcastle players playing for England than a Newcastle player who doesn't deserve to be in the team in the team as a token so the "Geordie Nation" can "froth at the mouth". I actually thought Barton should have been called up last year too. Lee Ryder, what a fucking imbecile.

Couldn't really give a shite where England are concerned and I love the double standards the press have with your average Ingurland fan and the average Mag. One is right to be indignant, is right to boo their side off and disrespect other nations, spend a lot of money on their team and have to be listened too. If the average NUFC supporter acted half the twat that some of the nations supporters do we'd be hammered by the press.

Shit article though.

rooney doesnt deserve any wages after what he did. heh and capello has the cheek to say carroll and bartons lifestyles are bad.

You don't get paid for playing for England, and to be honest it's surprising to see any of em show spirit

Friday - the local, big screen not unfurled, was on the TV's but no sound and no bugger watching.

International football, with the exception of the tournaments which simply give you some football to watch in the summer, is irrelevant.

I doubt they donate it 100% of the time but they do quite often - if they don't make a PR gesture about donating it I imagine it's been kept.

I think Clee might be right, I vaguely remember something a bit back about the FA actually making the players donate the match fees

rooney doesnt deserve any wages after what he did. heh and capello has the cheek to say carroll and bartons lifestyles are bad.

You don't get paid for playing for England, and to be honest it's surprising to see any of em show spirit

heh none of them should play for england terry cole rooney they dont deserve to be in englands squad. there was no excuse for rooney to kick out and its no suprise people defend him saying they need him in the squad.

They don't HAVE to, but I think it's like a De Facto thing, I dunno really, point being i'm sure it's not that much they get anyway. Why DEADMAN, who do you propose plays for England instead? It's always hard to take a neutral view on the England squad, after spending so many of my last year moaning about Carroll and then Barton, i've decided Capello probably knows more about football than me, so Gareth Barry is the only person who doesn't deserve to be in the England squad :D

The World Cup donation was just over £1m so I can't imagine it's a great deal per player.

I suppose they agreed to donate the match fees once their wages got truly astronomical, I reckon they still get paid off the sponsors so playing for England still has it's perks.

The World Cup donation was just over £1m so I can't imagine it's a great deal per player.

I suppose they agreed to donate the match fees once their wages got truly astronomical, I reckon they still get paid off the sponsors so playing for England still has it's perks.

Definitely, match fees are irrelevent now, they'll care more about playing for England, because that means getting their faces in the papers, and more exposure meaning more sponsors etc etc, but still the one thing that annoys me is people saying people don't care about England, then when Rooney does something rash (he's done it a few times for England) people complain that he's not level-headed enough, surely he's just showing passion. Like when he slagged the England fans off, shit thing to do after playing so wank on the pitch, but at least he cared and was clearly frustrated, it's the wankers like Barry and Lennon that couldn't give two shits nomatter what that need fucking off out the England team

Definitely, match fees are irrelevent now, they'll care more about playing for England, because that means getting their faces in the papers, and more exposure meaning more sponsors etc etc, but still the one thing that annoys me is people saying people don't care about England, then when Rooney does something rash (he's done it a few times for England) people complain that he's not level-headed enough, surely he's just showing passion. Like when he slagged the England fans off, shit thing to do after playing so wank on the pitch, but at least he cared and was clearly frustrated, it's the wankers like Barry and Lennon that couldn't give two shits nomatter what that need fucking off out the England team

rooney wasn't "showing passion" he was being petulant because he'd fucked his touch up and lost the ball, passion is going mental when you score because you've scored for your country and giving matches your all for 90mins (something england players sorely lack) because you are proud of playing for your country, not kicking an opposing player once the balls gone

I must admit I find it hard to get wound up about qualifiers. I couldn't muster the emotion to celebrate when Young scored the first, but when we were scoring world cup goals I was going mental as I probably will in the summer for Euro 2012.

There is a lot of apathy for the national team, a lot of people know we aren't good enough and that's not likely to change, people struggle to empathise with the players & the manager stopped trying last year.

I'm sure I've said this before but I could not give a flying fuck about England. I was mildly interested when Carroll got in the squad pre-Liverpool but that's it. They're fucking shite and a bunch of cunts to boot.