Favourite hit from the eighties...

trophyshy

What are the songs that really sums up the feeling of the eighties for you?

I could list dozens but In a Big Country - Big Country and Talk Talk's latterly much abused It's My Life are up there for me.....I could do numerous honourable mentions but will just hoy up those two.

Even if you weren't born then, there's must be songs from that era that speak to you. What are they?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well predictably it would have to be something from Def Leppard. (No, not Pour some sugar)! They were one of the biggest bands around during the 80's.

Probably a very early 80's track, Bringing on the Heartache from the 1981 High and Dry album. Or maybe 'Photograph' from the 1983 album, Pyromania, aahh lots of memories :good:

Oh god, where to even begin?

My favourite song as a little 'un, weirdly enough, was Midge Ure's "If I Was". No idea why. Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill" on TOTP probably set my gay genes in motion a bit, ditto George Michael's "A Different Corner" (holds up well even now, that one). A later find that I completely adore is The Icicle Works' "Love Is A Wonderful Colour". Massive guilty pleasures abound throughout the decade, from FGTH's "The Power Of Love" to DeBarge's "Rhythm Of The Night" via "99 Red Balloons".

I got into pop music in late '84-85-86. Does it show? <_< But yeah, for all they're not necessarily the best of the 80s, it's songs from those years that largely sum the decade up for me, nostalgically anyway.

Edited by Meenzer

Dana International, Israel's finest transsexual export since... oh wait.

It was the best I could find for the "let's imitate Saltwater's avatar" meme. Bit redundant now he doesn't appear to have one on the new forum, but ho hum. :)

Dana International, Israel's finest transsexual export since... oh wait.

It was the best I could find for the "let's imitate Saltwater's avatar" meme. Bit redundant now he doesn't appear to have one on the new forum, but ho hum. :)

:icon_lol:

I've been thinking, 'She looks nice', then thinking, 'hang on a minute! it's Meenzer, it's bound to be something gay'.

Now I know! :faint:

:D

Where the streets have nee names by U2 is probably me favourite 80's song. Probably the best start to a song ever. Favourite love song probably al stand by yee by the pretenders.