Newcastle Vrs Spurs

KeithJ

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon we'll murder em.

When the second most sobering voice on Toontastic says this, it means we should all go in theyah finkin we should cahm aaht wiv free points.

Hadn't read the thread, but your post is spot on, over the last 18 year we've took 34 points and they've managed 13.

Edited by Happy Face

Reckon we'll murder em.

When the second most sobering voice on Toontastic says this, it means we should all go in theyah finkin we should cahm aaht wiv free points.

Who's number 1? ;)

Reckon we'll murder em.

Who's number 1? ;)

Well put it this way, he's 24 and I bet he sounds like Bill Beaumont.

We surely have it in us to beat these. I'd bring in Marveaux for Obertan and HBA for Best, but I could see Pardew opting to use Ben Arfa from the bench. Not sure if Santon should get his debut against Lennon, that might be a bit of a baptism by fire.

We surely have it in us to beat these. I'd bring in Marveaux for Obertan and HBA for Best, but I could see Pardew opting to use Ben Arfa from the bench. Not sure if Santon should get his debut against Lennon, that might be a bit of a baptism by fire.

It's only Aaron Lennon man. This is the lad who had Ronaldo in his back pocket a few years ago. Plus if you think Santon would struggle then I dread to think how Ryan Taylor would do.

I'm just saying that Santon is coming back from injury and that it can really damage a player's confidence if they have a bad debut. It's true that Santon shackled C. Ronaldo one time, but he's lost his way a bit since then and is just starting off at a new club. Let's not expect miracles from him in his first match for us. Of course I want Santon to replace R. Taylor in the long term (and in the short term!) but I wonder if this is just one game too soon for him.

I'm just saying that Santon is coming back from injury and that it can really damage a player's confidence if they have a bad debut. It's true that Santon shackled C. Ronaldo one time, but he's lost his way a bit since then and is just starting off at a new club. Let's not expect miracles from him in his first match for us. Of course I want Santon to replace R. Taylor in the long term (and in the short term!) but I wonder if this is just one game too soon for him.

hasnt he played at least 2 full games since the fluid was drained from his knee?

Yeah i'd put Santon in, even if it's throwing him in at the deep end he's an actual defender, meaning he's a million times less likely to fuck up that Ryan fucking Taylor

Not a chance he'll drop Raylor until he makes a horrible mistake

Good chance that Raylor will get sent off because he won't keep up with Lennon and he's a poor tackler. He'll get skinned and then catch him a few times. Two yellows or a straight red...........thats the question.

I can see your point and I don't neccesarily expect Santon to be exactly the same player in his first game. I just really don't want to see R. Taylor trying to defend against Lennon's pace.

Pardew said this:

"To be where we are now is an outstanding achievement, not just by the players, but by the staff I have around me. It sets us up for a real blue-riband game with Spurs who are far superior to us individually. They have top international players."

And it really pisses me off.

We are about 3-4 top players away from matching them but Fatty hasnt put his hand in the Carroll fund.

Pardew said this:

"To be where we are now is an outstanding achievement, not just by the players, but by the staff I have around me. It sets us up for a real blue-riband game with Spurs who are far superior to us individually. They have top international players."

We are about 3-4 top players away from matching them but Fatty hasnt put his hand in the Carroll fund.

That's either a silly comment by Pards of some kind of Brian Clough mind game.

I understand that Santon has just put in two 90 minute shifts for the Wops under 21's. That being the case then I would start Santon against Spurs.

Pardew said this:

They have some great attacking players but their defence isn't the greatest. It'll be a nervy game but like Stevie says, they never seem to travel well oop north.

A draw would be a good result as they're in form, but then so are we. Definitely think we could muster three points if Ba is playing and the guys are up for it.

He told BBC Sport Online: “Newcastle are still unbeaten this season, although they have had the rub of the green a couple of times against QPR and, more recently, Wolves.

“I am just wondering whether this might be the game where their luck runs out and I quite fancy Tottenham here, especially because Spurs will be buoyed by beating Arsenal in their last outing.

“Let’s not be too hard on Newcastle, though, because their central defensive pairing of Fabricio Coloccini and Steven Taylor does look very strong, and Yohan Cabaye has impressed me in midfield. Tim Krul is clearly going to be a top-class goalkeeper too.

“But I see this as being the game which might make Newcastle boss Alan Pardew re-evaluate their season after an excellent start. They are not a top four side and, if they finish in the top half of the table with the squad they have got, then they have had an outstanding season.

“For me, Harry Redknapp’s side still look the most likely to get fourth place, and I would expect them to underline that by winning at St James’ Park.

“Prediction: 0-2″

He a right nonce. We'd be bottom if this saggy faced cunts predictions came true every week. Can't believe the amount of people convinced we will lose. We're the toon man. Get the crowd going (for the first time this season) and we'll piss it with nee AAHDWEAHMAH and van der Vaart, nee NEEE bovva.

Our record at home against Spurs is pretty good. Means little in terms of the here and now but I'd bet on us taking three points.

I may be optimistic here but I'd also keep Ryan Talylor in. Say what you like about his form in previous seasons, and he's definitely one sandwich short of a picnic having met him, but Pardew has to keep him in while he's keeping on top. Can anyone in the club take a better free kick?

Our record at home against Spurs is pretty good. Means little in terms of the here and now but I'd bet on us taking three points.

I may be optimistic here but I'd also keep Ryan Talylor in. Say what you like about his form in previous seasons, and he's definitely one sandwich short of a picnic having met him, but Pardew has to keep him in while he's keeping on top. Can anyone in the club take a better free kick?

He's not keeping on top though is he. He's been generally shite but a combination of luck (QPR and Wolves) and Colo and Saylor have covered him. The fact that his freekicks got us two early results are neither nor there.

Don't really sign up to the idea we've been very lucky (we've had a bit of luck but we've mainly deserved our results so far) but I do think we've been getting away with it regarding Ryan Taylor's performances, if that makes sense. If it doesn't, tough titties.