Newcastle Vrs Spurs

KeithJ

Our record at home against Spurs is pretty good. Means little in terms of the here and now but I'd bet on us taking three points.

I may be optimistic here but I'd also keep Ryan Talylor in. Say what you like about his form in previous seasons, and he's definitely one sandwich short of a picnic having met him, but Pardew has to keep him in while he's keeping on top. Can anyone in the club take a better free kick?

He's not keeping on top though is he. He's been generally shite but a combination of luck (QPR and Wolves) and Colo and Saylor have covered him. The fact that his freekicks got us two early results are neither nor there.

He's doing alright I would say. He does have the odd blip but I think he's been worse. I generally find it difficult dropping anyone when you seem to have a decent formula. Not the worst predicament we could have ahead of the game!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon we'll murder em.

When the second most sobering voice on Toontastic says this, it means we should all go in theyah finkin we should cahm aaht wiv free points.

Unless we have an absolute shocker then we've every chance of beating these. Every year Spurs come here they seem to have this belief that they'll just turn up, 'bish-bosh, job fahkin done innit, three points to the old Spurs' and when the reality of a harder game than they expected hits them in a more hostile environment than some of their players would like, (Jenas springs to mind!), then they can look a beaten side and their heads go down quicker than a Pink Lane Pro. They're a decent side, no doubt, but far better at home. Lets get into the fuckers as I rather enjoy beating these since the days of holsten Pils, Chas and Dave, ITV's 'big 5' and Gazza and Waddle going there and listening to some of the verbal diahorrea of some of their fans in the past.

Was saying to Matt that it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch Jonas to the right hand side to help Simpson deal with Bale (who has yet to find form this season) and I would definitely start Santon as Walker will cause Raylor all manner of problems.

This is what Physioroom.com says their injury list looks like.

Tottenham Hotspur 7

N Kranjcar Thigh Muscle Strain 12th Dec 11 V Corluka Ankle/Foot Injury no return date very doubtful A Lennon Groin Strain no return date very doubtful S Ranieri Calf Muscle Strain 30th Oct 11 W Gallas Calf Muscle Strain no return date very doubtful T Huddlestone Ankle/Foot Injury Dec 11 M Dawson Achilles Tendinopathy no return date very doubtful

Mind, they also say that Ba is out, so we'll see.

I'd start with

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Santon

Jonas Cabaye Tiote Obertan

Ben Arfa

Ba/Best

Have some reducers put in on Modric early doors, and play Ben Arfa in the hole to either drag one of their CBs out of position or occupy Parker. You should check out his importance to their side on fourfourtwo's app. The games he's played for them, he's been their central figure. I say let him have less impact and we could win.

I still think they're a very good side and are the team most likely to hand us our first defeat, but I do think they're beatable.

Edited by The Fish

Santon has to be fit and ready by now so I can't see a reason to keep raylor at LB. But then again, obertan is absolute gash and he plays him so who knows wtf pardew thinks.

That he's a better option than Guthrie? I know there is Marveaux but he hasnt been fit and the team hasnt lost, so its not that much a stretch of the imagination to work out what Pardew could be thinking.

Santon has to be fit and ready by now so I can't see a reason to keep raylor at LB. But then again, obertan is absolute gash and he plays him so who knows wtf pardew thinks.

That he's a better option than Guthrie? I know there is Marveaux but he hasnt been fit and the team hasnt lost, so its not that much a stretch of the imagination to work out what Pardew could be thinking.

Marveaux has been fit for a good few weeks and he's still persisted with obertan when he has been shite in virtually every game. Surely he or Barfa has to start tomorrow in place of him.

Just because we haven't lost is no reason to keep him in the team. Imagine what we could've done playing 11 v. 11.

I don't expect a changed team unless he is forced into it, but would like to see Marveaux and Bafra start. Undecided on the whole Raylor/Santon bit. Obviously, Raylor is a massive liability, but I've never seen Santon play, no idea how he will react on his debut against a decent team who might be right at him. But shirley better than Raylor and worth a go?

The match has become a bigger deal in my mind than perhaps it really is. Not a surprise given I've had an additional week to think about it.

It's also massive for me because it's by far our biggest test so far this season, and also because I want us to keep this momentum going (preferably into November as we've got some really tricky ties up ahead).

Preserving the unbeaten run adds a little bit of pressure too.

The match has become a bigger deal in my mind than perhaps it really is. Not a surprise given I've had an additional week to think about it.

It's also massive for me because it's by far our biggest test so far this season, and also because I want us to keep this momentum going (preferably into November as we've got some really tricky ties up ahead).

Preserving the unbeaten run adds a little bit of pressure too.

The generally don't do too well at our place.

If we can get a win today it will be really massive cause they are a quality side and no mistake.

#nufc team v #thfc: Krul; Simpson, S Taylor, Coloccini, R Taylor; Obertan, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez; Ba; Best.

#nufc subs: Elliot, Santon, Gosling, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Lovenkrands, Shola Ameobi.

Edited by The Fish