Newcastle Vrs Spurs

KeithJ

we've a "black on white" version of the mobile skin too i've just never made it available because everyone was happy enough with the darker one

Wooah there! I like the 'white on black' but i think i would prefer the 'black on white' one.

Tapatalk is a waste of money as our mobile skin is better, without doubt.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we've a "black on white" version of the mobile skin too i've just never made it available because everyone was happy enough with the darker one

Wooah there! I like the 'white on black' but i think i would prefer the 'black on white' one.

Tapatalk is a waste of money as our mobile skin is better, without doubt.

Agreed. The mobile version of this site is absolutely mint; easy to get around and quick as owt. I think it's my favourite part of the upgrade.

Why not just post as Christmas Tree?

Dear me

While I wasn't wanting to post here I did want to have the odd nosey and be able to Mark threads as read, hence Gladys. Unfortunately too much beers undid that.

I and I'm sure most on here don't miss the weekly bitchfest so I have no plans to start posting again and was just really replying to Stevie ( cos he's a canny lad).

:-)

Why not just post as Christmas Tree?

Dear me

While I wasn't wanting to post here I did want to have the odd nosey and be able to Mark threads as read, hence Gladys. Unfortunately too much beers undid that.

I and I'm sure most on here don't miss the weekly bitchfest so I have no plans to start posting again and was just really replying to Stevie ( cos he's a canny lad).

:-)

Cheques in the post ;-) I'm sure you sit within earshot of me at the match, makes me paranoid!

grumble i'll bite....

Sadly you're wrong, it's not very good at all, it's poorly coded and even more so badly supported it's more or less maintained/ran by 3 people in Asia (that's not a joke either).

Behold the long list of bug reports for various different forum software http://tapatalk.com/...isplay.php?f=13

Basically NO have gotten lucky with how tapatalk works with their chosen forum software of SMF(which is free forum software which may have influenced their choice as opposed to ours which isn't), which could change with any upgrade/patch smf decide to bring out.

And it's bugs are as i said completely out of our control otherwise i'd just fix the code myself seeing as that's actually where my I.T background lies being a programmer.

http://tapatalk.com/...read.php?t=7556 would be the bug you're talking about, there's other reports of it earlier than that (we're on version 3.2.3 now... it's been broken since before 3.1.* apparently which was released mar 2010)

It took me 30minutes to fix the problem and add pagination to our mobile skin so they've no excuse really,

Ironically this is why they don't care, because for the forum owners it costs us bugger all to install it/add our forums to it and it doesn't effect the running of the forum in any shape or form.

But for the users as far as they're concerned you've paid your £2 for the app, most won't contest it if it's shoddy, and if they do they'll just say "it's being worked on".

(p.s we've a "black on white" version of the mobile skin too i've just never made it available because everyone was happy enough with the darker one :razz:)

edit > @Also in your own mobile app, that just takes me to page 1 of a thread as well not the last unread post.

Are you getting "last post" and last unread post mixed up because i've just tried it on the iphone and it jumped me to page 4/5 of a thread i tried it on..after i logged of course, which of those have you not done? :)

grumble i'll bite....

Sadly you're wrong, it's not very good at all, it's poorly coded and even more so badly supported it's more or less maintained/ran by 3 people in Asia (that's not a joke either).

Behold the long list of bug reports for various different forum software http://tapatalk.com/...isplay.php?f=13

Basically NO have gotten lucky with how tapatalk works with their chosen forum software of SMF(which is free forum software which may have influenced their choice as opposed to ours which isn't), which could change with any upgrade/patch smf decide to bring out.

And it's bugs are as i said completely out of our control otherwise i'd just fix the code myself seeing as that's actually where my I.T background lies being a programmer.

http://tapatalk.com/...read.php?t=7556 would be the bug you're talking about, there's other reports of it earlier than that (we're on version 3.2.3 now... it's been broken since before 3.1.* apparently which was released mar 2010)

It took me 30minutes to fix the problem and add pagination to our mobile skin so they've no excuse really,

Ironically this is why they don't care, because for the forum owners it costs us bugger all to install it/add our forums to it and it doesn't effect the running of the forum in any shape or form.

But for the users as far as they're concerned you've paid your £2 for the app, most won't contest it if it's shoddy, and if they do they'll just say "it's being worked on".

(p.s we've a "black on white" version of the mobile skin too i've just never made it available because everyone was happy enough with the darker one )

edit > @Also in your own mobile app, that just takes me to page 1 of a thread as well not the last unread post.

Are you getting "last post" and last unread post mixed up because i've just tried it on the iphone and it jumped me to page 4/5 of a thread i tried it on..after i logged of course, which of those have you not done?

Re the edit bit. If I log on your mobile app and click on the show new content, the new threads appear. If I then click on the thread it always goes to page one rather than the last unread post ( which is what happens on tapatalk).

Just tried it on this thread which I have read and marked as read several times.

I was going to pm you on NO as despite what's gone on on here, you always came across as a good bloke. I've put the £35 that I got off Dave for you in a special transfer kitty btw, no need to spend it all at once.

Dave told me he would have paid £70!

Re the edit bit. If I log on your mobile app and click on the show new content, the new threads appear. If I then click on the thread it always goes to page one rather than the last unread post ( which is what happens on tapatalk).

Just tried it on this thread which I have read and marked as read several times.

Definitely doesn't do it for me on the iphone just tried it with this thread and all, are ye sure your on the mobile version and all it should look like the below

Seeing as i know what you're on and i've tried it on the same devices i'm going to put this down to a "user issue" as no one else on the same stuff has it

ttmobile.jpg

No doubt Cath is already acting as a mediator between NO & TT for my transfer now my work is complete here

Mystery then!

And finally....

Before I sink back into the wallpaper can I just add two things.

Gloomy, get that fucking name changed.

Team Neg, loving the desperate attempts to swim against the positive wave sweeping NUFC. No matter what good happens, Happy manages to find a negative stat...."But we haven't beaten anyone outside the bottom seven"....lol

Just let go and enjoy it man!

And finally....

Team Neg, loving the desperate attempts to swim against the positive wave sweeping NUFC. No matter what good happens, Happy manages to find a negative stat...."But we haven't beaten anyone outside the bottom seven"....lol

And i'm sure you're already booking the tickets to Wembley on the 25th of May next season right?

Loving the desperate attempts to swim against the positive wave sweeping NUFC. No matter what good happens, Happy manages to find a negative stat...."But we haven't beaten anyone outside the bottom seven"....lol

What you've done there is confuse a factual statement made without embellishment with negativity. If a fact reflects we aren't quite what people are dreaming about yet it's worth raising. If anything, you're the one looking to sway the facts by attacking the personality of the person stating them. If you're gonna be positive, that's fine, but do it by pointing out what warrants optimisim, of which there's a good deal.

like i said *user problem* so not really

it's a kind way of me calling you a mong lol

User problems are extremely rare! You either ain't done it right or ain't explained it right.

As with getting the mobile colour scheme wrong, I'm guessing the truth of this error will come out in time. ;-)

And finally....

And i'm sure you're already booking the tickets to Wembley on the 25th of May next season right?

One cup at a time mate!

Loving the desperate attempts to swim against the positive wave sweeping NUFC. No matter what good happens, Happy manages to find a negative stat...."But we haven't beaten anyone outside the bottom seven"....lol

What you've done there is confuse a factual statement made without embellishment with negativity. If a fact reflects we aren't quite what people are dreaming about yet it's worth raising. If anything, you're the one looking to sway the facts by attacking the personality of the person stating them. If you're gonna be positive, that's fine, but do it by pointing out what warrants optimisim, of which there's a good deal.

I think it's fair to say that most of us could only dream about being unbeaten and fourth, eight games in. We are only 3 games of matching the unbeaten record set by KK's entertainers.

Why can't you just enjoy what the majority are enjoying without going out of your way to belittle it.

If your lass makes you a really nice lasagne you don't sit there and say "well that's all fine and well but it's no Beef Wellington"!

Just enjoy it.