Liverpool wanting more TV money cause they are 'special'...

Park Life

Stuff like this is why football barely interests me anymore. The gap between these "special" clubs and the rest of the league is already unbridgeable. If these changes get made, it's just another nail in the coffin of what has slowly become a ridiculous game.

Exactly how I see it, it's as ridiculous really. The game is already swayed enough by money, why make it more so? Surely a better aim to keep things interesting is to go the other way where there are no real financial advantages amongst teams other than revenue pulled in by fan base or a team's success. I can't imagine anything worse than a league dominated by a couple of teams, it'd be like the SPL.

Or put another way, the reality of missing Champions League money has hit home and they're shitting it.

Get exposure in front of the vestiges of their foreign fans whilst there's still a bit of "shine on the glory" or risk losing it and join the rest on the outside looking in.

Stuff like this is why football barely interests me anymore. The gap between these "special" clubs and the rest of the league is already unbridgeable. If these changes get made, it's just another nail in the coffin of what has slowly become a ridiculous game.

Exactly how I see it, it's as ridiculous really. The game is already swayed enough by money, why make it more so? Surely a better aim to keep things interesting is to go the other way where there are no real financial advantages amongst teams other than revenue pulled in by fan base or a team's success. I can't imagine anything worse than a league dominated by a couple of teams, it'd be like the SPL.

tbh it's like that already and has been for years.

I think as an overall package the Bundesliga is a better league than any other listed.

The fans come first, the league is competitive, the finances are in control, the football is brilliant etc etc

Just out of interest for people, how PL compares to others regarding wealth distribution:

Football-broadcast-graphi-001.jpg

Very interesting. Those leagues should be bringing it in rather than us chasing after them though.

Should be 1:1 and nowt more than a trophy for the team that comes top.

..and furry bunnies should hop merrily around the sidelines of every pitch in the league.

I think as an overall package the Bundesliga is a better league than any other listed.

The fans come first, the league is competitive, the finances are in control, the football is brilliant etc etc

Can't see that ever taking off over here :shifty:

Can't see that ever taking off over here :shifty:

Nah will it shite, The average ticket price in Germany is €21, In Schalke - not sure about other places - but your match ticket gets you free access to all public transport, they have safe standing & you can drink in the stands.

Sadly you couldn't trust the majority of English fans with the drinking + standing.

I think this is the high flying Liverpool wanting more money to become more competitive. They have spent massively and have took a gamble this season on getting in to the champions league. So far, they are currently sitting two points behind a Newcastle side that was assembled through balancing the books.

The reason why the EPL is so good is that everyone can have a go at blowing money and not get anywhere. Look at Sunderland and us to an extent. We blew a lot of money that didnt exactly make things better. Then you get the steady eddie Everton who challenged more recently.

Liverpool Chairman may be looking at Liverpool football club however he is forgetting the bigger picture of why Liverpool are being shown around the world. Its because they are playing in the best show case league in the world.

More savvy Liverpool fans might also note that while this would probably guarantee them 'top 4' income, it would also see them (and everyone else) fall even further behind ManYoo.

Liverpool Chairman may be looking at Liverpool football club however he is forgetting the bigger picture of why Liverpool are being shown around the world. Its because they are playing in the best show case league in the world.

I think this is a key point, the competitiveness of the Prem is what sets the league apart from La Liga in terms of viewers etc. Fox soccer channel over here bigs games up between mid table teams almost as much as a clash between 'top 4' teams, the other week they put on Boltons game over a Liverpool match and we've been on a fair few times. Man utd have pretty much every game televised but what's interesting is how much they're going crazy over Man City, Liverpool will soon be overtaken I reckon.

If the league lost its competitiveness I think the brand would definitely suffer and they forget alot of these Liverpool 'fans' are also 'fans of Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

I think most of the money comes abroad, does it not?

212 countries paying for rights instead of one.

Aye, but i'm sure Tonga and Fiji are hardly paying millions, our rights cost more because naturally, more people over here are interested than any other country, even if China/South Korea etc have an interest

honestly the top 4 are pathetic they pay stupid wages and they expect more from the tv side of it. theres 20 teams in the prem not just fucking 4 bunch of greedy cunterheads

Surely Newcastle are top 8 viewers wise like? As much as i'd hate it to happen, surely it'd help us more than anything, just leaving newly promoted teams to choke their way back down

I would probably say we are top 5 or 6 to be honest.