Stolen from SMB

bobbyshinton

Funny i was just going to start a thread on the survey results.

Newcastle 6m

Spurs 11m

Man City 18m

Liverpool 71m

Survey was done by a company called Sport+Markt, quite a reputable company but i suspect that the numbers are more an accurate reflection of the 'value' in the market, rather than precise figures.

Funny i was just going to start a thread on the survey results.

Newcastle 6m

Spurs 11m

Man City 18m

Liverpool 71m

Survey was done by a company called Sport+Markt, quite a reputable company but i suspect that the numbers are more an accurate reflection of the 'value' in the market, rather than precise figures.

There's absolutely nee way Spurs have more fans than us, nee way, and there's also NEE WAY Man City have half the support of us or Spurs.

The mackem jealousy is incredible though but maybe Paul Wyn was part of the survey if this line is correct...

The findings showed that Newcastle have an alarmingly high nonce rate among their support.

They endlessly discuss how we're deluded because we think we are a big club, but we rarely have discussion about how we are a big club.

The only time we do discuss it, is in the context of we're a bigger club than Sunderland. Or when surveys like the above are released.

Some of those photos and then the one they use to illustrate Tottenham's support! :lol:

That guy next to him in the shirt, dickie bow, trilby, press pass, apron and captain's armband. :icon_lol:

What appears to be an 'Up the Bucs' apron too. Quality stuff.

There's absolutely nee way Spurs have more fans than us

You reckon? I'm not saying you're wrong like, but in Scandinavia for example there are definitely more Spurs fans than Newcastle fans. They gained quite a few fans in the 80's when they won 2 FA cups and the UEFA cup. Yes, they're not very big in London or even England but my feeling is they've got more foreign fans than us.

Still have a laugh to myself when i think of that youtube that went up on here of Liverpool fans in the far east somewhere chanting "Riiiiiiveeeeerpooooool,Riiiiiiveeeeerpooooool" which i think mancy followed up "i'm so ronery" :lol:

Still have a laugh to myself when i think of that youtube that went up on here of Liverpool fans in the far east somewhere chanting "Riiiiiiveeeeerpooooool,Riiiiiiveeeeerpooooool" which i think mancy followed up "i'm so ronery" :lol:

There was that great youtube vid of the asian Everton fans singing "Broo is the curra, footbaw is the game" too.

You reckon? I'm not saying you're wrong like, but in Scandinavia for example there are definitely more Spurs fans than Newcastle fans. They gained quite a few fans in the 80's when they won 2 FA cups and the UEFA cup. Yes, they're not very big in London or even England but my feeling is they've got more foreign fans than us.

When I was in Thailand I saw at least 30 Thai's in toon tops even saw a toon sticker on a Harley Davidson. Not one Tottenham or Everton top. Look at the size of our fanclub in places like Singapore 5000 strong. We watched the FA Cup tie with Tranmere 2-3 win iirc, in this traditional Thai bar 500 people crammed in, was like a scene from big trouble and little China and when we scored the bar went mental. When we played Varelenga we had 3000 Scandi toon fans there, doubt Tottenham would get that. Might just be your little area or cos of Thorsvedt.

Edited by McFaul

There was that great youtube vid of the asian Everton fans singing "Broo is the curra, footbaw is the game" too.

You sure they weren't Chelsea ...chee us on fru suhhh ah wain cos Chessey Chessey ee are nayyy

When I was in Thailand I saw at least 30 Thai's in toon tops even saw a toon sticker on a Harley Davidson. Not one Tottenham or Everton top. Look at the size of our fanclub in places like Singapore 5000 strong. We watched the FA Cup tie with Tranmere 2-3 win iirc, in this traditional Thai bar 500 people crammed in, was like a scene from big trouble and little China and when we scored the bar went mental. When we played Varelenga we had 3000 Scandi toon fans there, doubt Tottenham would get that. Might just be your little area or cos of Thorsvedt.

To be honest Stevie, i'd love to see the methodology. I know i sound like a right know all on here half the time but i do know a lot about statistical sampling to estimate things like 'how many people in a country have a certain disease'. Surprisingly difficult to find out even when in healthcare, every time you fart its registered on a database somewhere. To estimate this figure accurately would take enormous effort to ensure that the sampling process was representative of a population.

Its for that reason (and thinking about the company that produced the report) that i said the figures are more about the 'value in the market'. Sport+Markt didnt do this survey to resolve the perennial 'biggest club' debate, they did this for customers willing to pay them for the report to help them make decisions about the football market. If they make a decision using this report and it turns out it works out for them commerically then they will use the company reports again. Thats the Sport+Markt (market research) business model. So, its more important that the figures reflect commercial potential as an indicator rather than real supporter numbers.

To be honest Stevie, i'd love to see the methodology. I know i sound like a right know all on here half the time but i do know a lot about statistical sampling to estimate things like 'how many people in a country have a certain disease'. Surprisingly difficult to find out even when in healthcare, every time you fart its registered on a database somewhere. To estimate this figure accurately would take enormous effort to ensure that the sampling process was representative of a population.

Its for that reason (and thinking about the company that produced the report) that i said the figures are more about the 'value in the market'. Sport+Markt didnt do this survey to resolve the perennial 'biggest club' debate, they did this for customers willing to pay them for the report to help them make decisions about the football market. If they make a decision using this report and it turns out it works out for them commerically then they will use the company reports again. Thats the Sport+Markt (market research) business model. So, its more important that the figures reflect commercial potential as an indicator rather than real supporter numbers.

I agree completely, and I used the Tottenham having 11m fans to our 6m as a barometer of just how flawed it is. I remember there was a survey done a while ago claiming Leeds had 1m fans in the country JUST 100,000 less than us, and Norwich and Hearts had more fans than the mackems!!

The Barclays Premier League is one of THE drivers of worldwide football interest – according to new research from SPORT+MARKT, the leading sport business research consultancy. Global following of England’s top flight is projected at 1.46 billion – or 70% of the world’s estimated 2.08 billion football fans – extrapolated data from Sponsoring21+, the most in-depth sport sponsorship study ever conducted*, has shown. Of those, 615 million are supporters of one of the League’s 20 clubs

Yet not one vote for us holding a world cup, just goes to show you.

I live in Gothenburg, the second largest city in Sweden. Doubt that people here would support Tottenham because of some Norwegian keeper tbh :)

Maybe the Norwegian posters could help out regarding supporters over there.

Love it on the 3rd page where they get called on the barca claim.

Then go on to say the reason they hate 'mags' is that we rub the clubs success in their faces rather than celebrating it for ourselves......

After 3 pages of trying to come up with every valid reason available to tell the lad on there that the clubs success counted for nothing.

Daft cernts