sammynb

1998 - Where were you in life?

For me it was the 1st full year of working as a producer/editor on an Australian motor racing series, the 1st year of sharing a flat with my then partner (albeit 1st wife) and the year of a landmark birthday.

Also Swervedriver broke up :( (but they later reformed so all is :) )

Edited by sammynb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 year out of uni, universally recognised as the coolest thing ever to happen to the world of accountancy.

Are you in practice or industry? Only asking cos I've got my aca finals in 4 weeks, got me thinking about what to do after my training contract is over.

And to be on topic, started second year at secondary school. Was goldeneye out then? If so, that's what I was doing.

My 30th birthday was on the day of the France-Brazil WC final. Got absolutely spackered in the Forth, supporting France as I'd not long moved back from living there.

Lived in Lonsdale Tce, Jesmond, and was cheffing.

1 year out of uni, universally recognised as the coolest thing ever to happen to the world of accountancy.

Are you in practice or industry? Only asking cos I've got my aca finals in 4 weeks, got me thinking about what to do after my training contract is over.

And to be on topic, started second year at secondary school. Was goldeneye out then? If so, that's what I was doing.

I was in practice then (qualified with PwC), and moved into industry. It totally depends on the individual tbh, but I would say that if you're remotely happy in practice, then try and stay there at least for a bit to see what you think.

The problem with industry is that it's so hit and miss. You can spend years bouncing from company to company trying to find something that you like.

Was 8. Had my first proper holiday abroad in Estartit (Spain) and remember watching the England v Argentina World Cup game there. :(

I was 7 and also went to Estartit :ninja:

Good year from what I can remember, got properly into football watching France 98, started 'playing out' with my mates from my street, got my first season ticket + made my first holy community, not like I go to church now like