Coloccini - “I want to stay – and I want to get Newcastle back into Europe.”

Tooj

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love Coloccini btw. What a fucking player he is.

The best centre back I've seen at NUFC.

Woody for me tbh, one of the best players in Black and White. Imagine those two eh?

Aye Woody was class but he didn't play one whole season due to his injury proneness. Colo has done significantly more for the club already.

Was great during the 2nd half when he just took the ball off Drenthe when he was running at him. Drenthe had beating players for fun before that.

Colocinni has great timing and great control, he has became better in the air despite a lot of opponents being taller than him, and his attitude is spot on, he's now a top player for the club.

Not the best we've ever had though, which is stretching it a bit.

Personally I like my central defenders to be more physically dominant, but I'm not knocking the bloke, I hope he signs a new contract and sees out his career here.

Needs his hair cut too......

5 years?...sounds like he's been offered a small rise and a long contract. He'll likely sign and then be sold should a good offer come in. The it's 'over to you Graham!..find us a cheap world class centre back capable of hitting the ground running and also with good oragnising and leadership skills'

Was saying to a mate yesterday who the fuck are Argentina's centre backs if Colo cant even make the squad? Him and Kompany are miles better than anyone else this season.

theyve a fair few playing in the other top european league and euro competitions

I dont mind him not being in to be honest, thats some long journeys for games

I've always wondered about this. Argentina must have the two best CBs in the world if Colo can't get a game.

I'll stress right away that this isnt a list of those I think are BETTER than Colo just argie CBs playing for fairly big clubs

Otamendi at Porto

Fazio at Sevilla

Garay at Benfica (recently spoken about on here as being class as it happens)

Burdisso at Roma

Milito (once of barca now at Independiente in Argentina)

Demichelis at Malaga, largely expected in spain to hit CL football this season as theyve gone mad on signings

Walter Samuel at Inter

so theyre relatively well stocked without Colo, though on merit he should still be getting in, as I said though, pleased hes not I dont want him to fly that far for games and the possiblity of coming back tired or injured

I absolutely love Coloccini btw. What a fucking player he is.

The best centre back I've seen at NUFC.

Woody for me tbh, one of the best players in Black and White. Imagine those two eh?

Aye Woody was class but he didn't play one whole season due to his injury proneness. Colo has done significantly more for the club already.

Was saying this on Saturday. Woodgate was probably a better player overall but Colo is much more reliable in that he doesn't just play the odd game.

He's shown a hell of a lot of character too, not because he stayed after relegation as I don't think we would have been fighting people off for him then (certainly not at any reasonable price) but for the way he turned his form around. After the first couple of games of the relegation season he was awful and seen by most as a joke. After the first couple of games of the promotion season (he started that season still looking shakey) he's been one of most consistanly good performers. Even after promotion there were still a lot of doubters within our own ranks (personally I was always pretty confident he'd be able to keep it going in the premier league) and he was still being looked at as a comic fighure by outsiders. Now though I dont think anyone can doubt he's a top performer and he seems to be reguarly getting praise from pundits.

It's now imperative that we get him on a new deal. He's pretty much irreplaceable for us and other teams will have taken note of his class and consistancy.

I'd be devestated if we lost him.

Completely won me over, the guy is superb as a player and captain. I was seething when he was running off straight after the final whistle at Villa and Shearer had to yell at him to at least acknowledge us fans. However, his performances from then on have been excellent.

Lass who sits next to me teaches his daughter. Said she was upset last week about scouse reports and told teacher "I never want to move away, I love all my friends here" Colo still took her to school morning after Stoke game and looked knackered but happy and proud!

Woodgate might have been a stronger defender when the rest of the team wasnt defending as a unit but Colocinni is the better footballer imo. Colocinni offers us a lot in attack too, the goal against Stoke (also Blackburn, long pass to the left flank to Best who crossed?) came from him stepping up, and providing a key pass in an attacking move.

Also saw a key stat about the weekend, one of the Everton defenders hit 27 long balls whereas Colo hit 7. His comfort level on the ball and close control is what makes him the player he is.

Completely won me over, the guy is superb as a player and captain. I was seething when he was running off straight after the final whistle at Villa and Shearer had to yell at him to at least acknowledge us fans. However, his performances from then on have been excellent.

To be fair - if you look at scenes from River Plate's relegation he probably thought he was doing the right thing.

Woodgate might have been a stronger defender when the rest of the team wasnt defending as a unit but Colocinni is the better footballer imo. Colocinni offers us a lot in attack too, the goal against Stoke (also Blackburn, long pass to the left flank to Best who crossed?) came from him stepping up, and providing a key pass in an attacking move.

Also saw a key stat about the weekend, one of the Everton defenders hit 27 long balls whereas Colo hit 7. His comfort level on the ball and close control is what makes him the player he is.

Woodgate was an excellent footballer too mind, probably underrated. They'd have made some partnership (if Woodgate was fit for long enough).

Woodgate was an excellent footballer too mind, probably underrated. They'd have made some partnership (if Woodgate was fit for long enough).

Absolutely. Having said that, the good thing about having someone whos as good a footballer as Colo at the back is that you can play a duck egg alongside him. Which is basically what I think S.Taylor is and basically how you described the likes of Samba (correctly I think). It's immense to see Colo carrying it out of the back four at appropriate opportunities, but you certainly don't need two centre halfs passing their way out of the back four, so I'm more than happy with a genuine footballer playing alongside a physical presence who knows his limits. We're defending well because we're doing the basics well.

Really pleased to see Colo continue to boss it over the two games we've been without Tiote's cover too. Loads of credit to Guthrie etc for that, but even so.

Aye, spot on there. I just hope Man Utd don't start sniffing around him as Rio's replacement because he could easily get a game for them alongside Vidic imo.

Aye, spot on there. I just hope Man Utd don't start sniffing around him as Rio's replacement because he could easily get a game for them alongside Vidic imo.

No question he could slot into that defence and improve it (Rio's done at the very top now), but it'd be a big big position for them to try and change this season given that City are going to take them to the wire on the title. Also I think that Jones they've signed is the real deal already.

Aye, the best cetre-half combinations are always a reader-of-the-game / ball-playing type, paired with a big, physical head-it/kick-it/tackle-it type.

Man utd seem to be fairly well stocked with young centrebacks at the moment with Jones, Smalling and Evans (although the latters play seem to be going backwards recently).

I prefer him being our little unsung hero under the radar. Though it does surprise me that, in columns by people who are usually very astute and knowledgeable about football, they have only really referred to him as a decent player and nothing more. Though the lack of research into actually watching our games before commenting doesn't surprise me.

can't remember if i posted this already but i bumped into him in a hotel i was staying in in ibiza a few months back. he was an absolutely lovely chap. i felt like a pleb bothering him while he was chilling by the pool but he had plenty of time for a quick chat about the team. oh, and his wife is fit.

Player of the season so far, he just doesnt look flustered by anything thats threw at him and is one of the most composed men on the pitch, whether its bringing the ball out of defence, or playing simple passes to set-up counter attacks everything just looks at ease for him and it's also allowed Taylor to just get on with his game and just do the basics of defending which has brought him on alot compared to other seasons

No question he could slot into that defence and improve it (Rio's done at the very top now), but it'd be a big big position for them to try and change this season given that City are going to take them to the wire on the title. Also I think that Jones they've signed is the real deal already.

thought you had GCSE's, smart lad :icon_lol:

can't remember if i posted this already but i bumped into him in a hotel i was staying in in ibiza a few months back. he was an absolutely lovely chap. i felt like a pleb bothering him while he was chilling by the pool but he had plenty of time for a quick chat about the team. oh, and his wife is fit.

Unless you have the balls to go for a picture, no one remembers anecdotes like that ;)

As some have said i'd put woodgate as the best defender ive seen here, without the injuries he'd have ended up ranked with maldini, baresi etc for me, he was that good. But Colo isn't just class, he plays virtually every game and is a top notch footballer, better than plenty of midfielders out there but still knows when to just shift the ball out of trouble.

Hope nobody comes in for him but there are plenty of big/rich clubs out there who he would certainly improve and i think they'll come calling.