More Respect for MA?

JawD

I said this about Hall when he came in and I'll say it about Ashley too "I couldn't give a fuck how much is taken in dividends/profit etc if we see success on the pitch"

We did back then, we're not now

exactly

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 days since a good result/performance and he eventually turns up, probably be same day when they lose.

You're just the other side of the same coin tbh.

Now that's confusing

I post here when I can (or feel like it) win, lose or draw.

I'm surprised you notice if they win, lose or draw

I see all the games (unless travelling) I particularly know when they've done OK because you are scarce

Did you ever work out the £52 Million question BTW ( you know the WHILST in charge one)

have you worked out your re-appraisal of Mike Ashley yet, as you said you were going to do for months and months, and where the money for Andy Carroll and Nolan has gone ?

Answered inumerable times, he's still 1000% better custodian than the previous etc etc

And he's yet to take out £52 Million WHILST in charge

so when has he actually even going to match the "average" league position of his predecessors ? We won't even mention the fact [as stated by yourself] that this average position has gone massively down under your man ? And when is he going to even finish in the top 7 or 8, we won't mention the Champions League and challenging for the title either.

Is this what you call "better" ?

As usual, those who don't go to games lose sight of the reason to go to games, but the least they could do is back their man with their own hard cash instead of looking in on the sidelines and do nothing other than talk about hard cash.

I said this about Hall when he came in and I'll say it about Ashley too "I couldn't give a fuck how much is taken in dividends/profit etc if we see success on the pitch"

I have no issue with "profit from sale" or recovery of money put in (even with reasonable interest) and if the dividends etc are taken from profits fair enough, to a point, but if it's to the detriment of the finances it's not ok, because by definition those monies are being taken to the detriment of the team/club.

Liverpools old owners never took salary nor dividend, it all went back in, maybe that's why our respective roads diverged from when we were on a par with them. That led them to real sustained success and led us to purely relative "success", compared to what we were used to. We have not had any semblance of real or sustained success since the 50's.

To borrow Leazes' favourite "quote" we were the 5th best club in the league. Is being 5th at anything real success?

I have no issue with "profit from sale" or recovery of money put in (even with reasonable interest) and if the dividends etc are taken from profits fair enough, to a point, but if it's to the detriment of the finances it's not ok, because by definition those monies are being taken to the detriment of the team/club.

Liverpools old owners never took salary nor dividend, it all went back in, maybe that's why our respective roads diverged from when we were on a par with them. That led them to real sustained success and led us to purely relative "success", compared to what we were used to. We have not had any semblance of real or sustained success since the 50's.

To borrow Leazes' favourite "quote" we were the 5th best club in the league. Is being 5th at anything real success?

its a damn sight better than the "average" 17th of your man, and his target of "top 10". You wouldn't get consistent league positions like that by selling your best players and not backing your managers.

Anyway, have you worked out where the cash from the sales of Carrol etc has gone yet ?

And do you have the bottle to concede that your man didn't do what you thought he would do in the summer, and spend that money to show his ambition ........

Edited by LeazesMag

its a damn sight better than the "average" 17th of your man, and his target of "top 10". You wouldn't get consistent league positions like that by selling your best players and not backing your managers.

Anyway, have you worked out where the cash from the sales of Carrol etc has gone yet ?

And do you have the bottle to concede that your man didn't do what you thought he would do in the summer, and spend that money to show his ambition ........

I didn't think that. I said (for the tenth-ish time) we would see his intentions, either spend or recoup, it appears he's recouping. I never said I "thought" he'd spend, I said "we should be in a position where he could" if that was his intention, it appears it's not.

That said, more than happy with the position of the club on and off the field.

As for your contstant, "why don't you go" jibes, you know why I don't go. I'm only at home Saturday's and Sunday's, every week (and travelling back on a Sunday night), I value my family life (what I can get of it) maybe that's why I've just celebrated my 30th wedding anniversary, what about you ??

BTW I kept my ST's (I had three) going for 2 years after I stopped going personally, and no, I didn't sell them on in that time, I gave them away match by match to whoever could go. I owe the club nowt in £££'s terms.

I didn't think that. I said (for the tenth-ish time) we would see his intentions, either spend or recoup, it appears he's recouping. I never said I "thought" he'd spend, I said "we should be in a position where he could" if that was his intention, it appears it's not.

That said, more than happy with the position of the club on and off the field.

As for your contstant, "why don't you go" jibes, you know why I don't go. I'm only at home Saturday's and Sunday's, every week (and travelling back on a Sunday night), I value my family life (what I can get of it) maybe that's why I've just celebrated my 30th wedding anniversary, what about you ??

BTW I kept my ST's (I had three) going for 2 years after I stopped going personally, and no, I didn't sell them on in that time, I gave them away match by match to whoever could go. I owe the club nowt in £££'s terms.

at the end of the day, I have made my judgement on Mike Ashley, which I've posted hundreds of times, the same as I posted my judgement on the old owners hundreds of times too. This is that the old owners did very well and it would take very good owners to do better, this is what I have ALWAYS said, BECAUSE in their time they massively re-shaped the club from top to bottom, from a club with one step in the 3rd division with a failed flotation, on its knees with a tin pot stadium and a half empty stadium into one of the biggest and most progressive clubs in europe with a stadium to match.

Mike Ashley has came along and sent the club into decline. This is not "better", the support is down, where are the sponsors etc, where is the profile and shirt sales of the club, where is the regular european football ? You are entitled to your "opinion2, [although if you stuck to facts you would be less likely to allow irrational personality hatred of an individual to enter into it] but if Mike Ashley puts the club into the position of the old owners and matches them, then by fuck I will admit that I was wrong and not cling onto pathetic assertions that I'm not and any old straw I can find to support my assertions.

Either that, or you seriously think that NUFC are a small club like Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke etc as you appear ready to accept such ambitions, and if that is the case, I feel sorry for your small time thinking along with the other people on here and on other message boards that share this view.

I find it hard to believe that a handful of games and good results against, for the most part, the weaker teams in this league can cloud the view of anyone with even an ounce of common sense.

It tends to be those who don't go to games that have this view, as people who go to games obviously view what happens on the pitch as the correct and main priority. It must be dead easy to sit in an armchair and view the football club in terms of a monopoly board, when you don't put your own cash and time into it.

I'm not saying everybody who goes to games has this view, this is also obviously not the case, some people who can't attend games for whatever reason have correct and sound views, but it can't be co-incidence that those who view the club as a "money" business don't appear to put their own cash into it.

Edited by LeazesMag

Everton?

Yes, I am pedantic.

I find it hard to believe that a handful of games and good results against, for the most part, the weaker teams in this league can cloud the view of anyone with even an ounce of common sense.

It tends to be those who don't go to games that have this view, as people who go to games obviously view what happens on the pitch as the correct and main priority. It must be dead easy to sit in an armchair and view the football club in terms of a monopoly board, when you don't put your own cash and time into it.

I'm not saying everybody who goes to games has this view, this is also obviously not the case, some people who can't attend games for whatever reason have correct and sound views, but it can't be co-incidence that those who view the club as a "money" business don't appear to put their own cash into it.

Like me.

I see every game btw

Everton?

Yes, I am pedantic.

put up the league positions, european qualifications and Champions League appearances of Everton between 1993 and 2007.

Like me.

I see every game btw

and you put your own cash into it ?

BTW, watching a game live and putting your own cash into it is not the same as watching on TV. And, you can reply to the rest of the post, including my comments that not everybody who watches games on TV is necessarily blind, in your own time.

Everton?

Yes, I am pedantic.

Just to be pedantic, I think Everton outspent us every year Ashley's been here in order to finish in the top half...

07/08 - £21m

08/09 - £15m

09/10 - £20m

Except this year...

10/11 - £0

...and they're currently 15th.

Everton?

Yes, I am pedantic.

Just to be pedantic, I think Everton outspent us every year Ashley's been here in order to finish in the top half...

07/08 - £21m

08/09 - £15m

09/10 - £20m

Except this year...

10/11 - £0

Always start badly tbf, still think they'll make top 10 this year, for no other reason than Moyes always seems to pull it off. Must be about 8 years now they've been consistently top half.

Is that net spend? Cant remember them buying anyone for much apart from Fellaini and Bilyantinaindisinadov.

Everton?

Yes, I am pedantic.

put up the league positions, european qualifications and Champions League appearances of Everton between 1993 and 2007.

Nah.

Everton?

Yes, I am pedantic.

Nah.

well, don't make stupid comments then :closedeyes:

Everton?

Yes, I am pedantic.

07/08 - £21m

08/09 - £15m

09/10 - £20m

Except this year...

10/11 - £0

it would appear that those who wished we were "a well run club like Everton" [when we were miles better than them and playing in europe regularly etc] have got what they wanted.

Oh dear.

Edited by LeazesMag

Everton?

Yes, I am pedantic.

Nah.

Without stupid comments this place would soon grind to a halt ;)

Everton?

Yes, I am pedantic.

Nah.

Without stupid comments this place would soon grind to a halt ;)

such as :closedeyes:

Like me.

I see every game btw

BTW, watching a game live and putting your own cash into it is not the same as watching on TV. And, you can reply to the rest of the post, including my comments that not everybody who watches games on TV is necessarily blind, in your own time.

I used to times 3, much more personal money than your mates ever did. I would suggest as I kept 3 tickets going for 2 years since I stopped going myself, I'm still owed a few games tbh.

Why is it not the same just because you put cash in, that's totally irrelevant.

Its fell into place with as much luck as planning imo, lets not count or chickens and lets not forget this:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

Which isn't from the tribunal btw, lets not forget that either.

Lets not forget that it doesn't make it any less true though.

Its fell into place with as much luck as planning imo, lets not count or chickens and lets not forget this:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

To a point, but not as cut and dried or as accurate/damning as the simple quote suggests, unless of course you want to read it that way.

My opinion - just so as not to reopen that debate: Yes they lied about KK not having last word or the final decision on "business" transfers, but nowt else. That quoted statement is taken (by many) to mean that the tribunal found they lied about all and everything all of the time, simply not true.

Like me.

I see every game btw

I used to times 3, much more personal money than your mates ever did. I would suggest as I kept 3 tickets going for 2 years since I stopped going myself, I'm still owed a few games tbh.

what ? Do you think playing in europe, the Champions League, 2 FA Cup Finals, buying top players instead of selling them, etc is not as good value as winning the 2nd division ? Is that the basis of your view that the current owner is "better"

Edited by LeazesMag

To a point, but not as cut and dried or as accurate/damning as the simple quote suggests, unless of course you want to read it that way.

My opinion - just so as not to reopen that debate: Yes they lied about KK not having last word or the final decision on "business" transfers, but nowt else. That quoted statement is taken (by many) to mean that the tribunal found they lied about all and everything all of the time, simply not true.

Did they lie or not? Not sure about you mate but a liar is a liar in my books and rarely change their spots.

They're a pair of lying cunts who can't be trusted....simples