More Respect for MA?

JawD

One more general point to HF, annoying fucker that he is ;)

Team Positive membership currently stands at me, TP, CT, ewerk, J2J, manc-mag, the fish, tekkers, jaysouthernmag, JawD, AH, Cleetoonfan and Cabayeaye. Have i missed anyone?

:lol:

Can I be in team cautiously optimistic please ?, I've been bitten by these black and white bastards way to many times to be ever 100% positive. We are cursed tbh.

The parallel's with my Green Bay Packers are uncanny (on and off the field) and I am having ill-judged bouts of stupid optimism on occassion, but remaining cautiously optimistic is my aim.

Team not suicidal is more appropriate. I think we've been moving in the right direction since we got relegated, the three events that seemed disastrous (Pardew, Carroll, no new no.9) turned out fine so the underlying direction still holds.

I do have to say that travelling in a direction is fine until you get to your destination, the key to this debate is whether we get off at 'mid-table' 'aiming for 7th' or can/will/want to go any higher. This is still up for debate and its far more nuanced than a daft postive/negative axis. I just get the feeling it winds up alex and HF so i keep bringing it up :)

Napoleon Complex tbh.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1993-94 Newcastle 3rd, Spurs 14th

1994-95 Newcastle 6th, Spurs 7th

1995-96 Newcastle 2nd Spurs 8th

1996-97 Newcastle 2nd Spurs 10th

1997-98 Newcastle 13th Spurs 14th

1998-99 Newcastle 13th Spurs 11th

1999-00 Newcastle 11th Spurs 10th

2000-01 Newcastle 11th Spurs 12th

2001-02 Newcastle 4th Spurs 9th

2002-03 Newcastle 3rd Spurs 10th

2003-04 Newcastle 5th Spurs 14th

2004-05 Newcastle 14th Spurs 9th

2005-06 Newcastle 7th Spurs 5th

2006-07 Newcastle 13th Spurs 5th

Av position NUFC = 7.6

Av position Spurs = 9.8

Newcastle finished above Spurs 8 times in those 14 years, Spurs above NUFC 6 times.

So get your facts right.

Significant is your comment "we have never been as successful as Spurs since the 50's" - other than the fact that is incorrect, what is relevant about the only time that we WERE ?

Also note, the positions of Spurs during the ownership of Alan Sugar, who at the time ran Spurs on "good business lines", the lines that you approve of, rather than speculate to accumulate, meaning attempting to capitalise on a huge fanbase to increase revenues and make money as Stevie has pointed out, and you fail to see his point completely.

They won something

oh aye, you've said before the whole 15 years and the Keegan era particularly, in your opinion, was all a waste of time :D

Did they not make a profit either ? :icon_lol:

Selective editing is back in vogue I see :icon_lol:

so when are you going to admit to us that your man didn't do what you thought he would do in the summer, and myself and others called it correctly ?

"Selective editing"....

I'm not, because I don't believe I ever said I though what he would do. I said there were two ways it could go, he could speculate (becasue I believed the club was in a position where that was finally possible) or he'd recoup. Feel free to find a quote where I definitively said he would significantly spend in the summer, in my opinion.

If you can then you'll have evidence I was wrong which I couldn't avoid.

I belive he's recouping, I could be wrong on that though.

Fill yer boots

In the year 3000 in a deep dark corner of the universe where otherwise time and space do not exist there is a man sitting with a monkey under a tree with a pipe in his hand, a hand crippled from years of beating his drum, arguing with himself. He ruled the world (of a forum), he rode the seas (of the internet), he lived in a Shepherd wonderland, not for nothing, he will talk on. His voice is heard on the wind, it whispers through the trees, "Shepherd, Shepherd". "Shepherd should come back, sign that nippon's petition". His name is Leazes Mag and a thousand years ago no one would listen.

Edited by toonotl

Team Positive membership currently stands at me, TP, CT, ewerk, J2J, manc-mag, the fish, tekkers, jaysouthernmag, JawD, AH, Cleetoonfan and Cabayeaye. Have i missed anyone?

Can I be in team cautiously optimistic please ?, I've been bitten by these black and white bastards way to many times to be ever 100% positive. We are cursed tbh.

The parallel's with my Green Bay Packers are uncanny (on and off the field) and I am having ill-judged bouts of stupid optimism on occassion, but remaining cautiously optimistic is my aim.

Team not suicidal is more appropriate. I think we've been moving in the right direction since we got relegated, the three events that seemed disastrous (Pardew, Carroll, no new no.9) turned out fine so the underlying direction still holds.

I do have to say that travelling in a direction is fine until you get to your destination, the key to this debate is whether we get off at 'mid-table' 'aiming for 7th' or can/will/want to go any higher. This is still up for debate and its far more nuanced than a daft postive/negative axis. I just get the feeling it winds up alex and HF so i keep bringing it up :)

Napoleon Complex tbh.

Better than Napoleon Dynamite, geek features.

Do you understand the principle of debits and credits ???

Are Man U the richest club in the land? Yes or No?

Yes is the answer you're looking for. Do they have huge debts? Yes again.

Your inability to class debt to an owner as debt is strange. We have way more debt now than under Shepherd. No doubt you'll say that it's not a problem because it's personal debt, I'd argue the opposite. although he's far younger than Fayed I worry

What the future holds if the fat Cunt chokes on a pie. I'm sure some ex wife will be even less likely to do the right thing than he is.

Im guessing I'm one of those posters Chez talks about and to be fair part of what he says is correct. I always expect the worse from this lot and so far they're generally true to form. On Pardew I'll state now that I believe he was appointed to toe the party line however they appear to have struck lucky, the only criticism I have of the man is his insistence on praising Fatty in press conferences.

Closing of L7, twatful, spiteful and can only have a negative effect on atmosphere. You'll see exactly what I mean the next time were getting tonked at home.

10 year STs seem a good deal but let's seehow it pans out, forcing membership to a club is the key I believe. How much will that cost next year? It could turn out to be a stealth tax as such.

Increasing family enclosure is good, there's no other conclusion. Putting it where he did though was designed to take the flak off L7 disbanding.

Carroll - great business, not having a replacement lined up, gross stupidity that could have cost us another relegation.

At the end of the day Im happy with our start it's way better than I predicted but I can't help but feel I will all fall apart.

This concept of being self sufficient is the worry selling one or two big name performers every year to allow us to buy cheap potential with contract clauses is a dangerous game

Me.

Instant 'can't take serious' quote.

[

On paper, a good quote. I just have an inkling our owner wants his cake and the ability to eat it. You can't keep selling your better players and replacing them with even better at a profit. If/when we start to finish 7th there's no place for MA to hide.

I would have the temerity to add, that, in retrospect, the relegation in itself was not a bad thing as it allowed an amount of "purge".

Luckiest Ashley's got in his time here is the response to relegation, (caused largely by his own hand). It was a potentially club breaking thing. He got lucky.

Are Man U the richest club in the land? Yes or No?

Yes is the answer you're looking for. Do they have huge debts? Yes again.

Your inability to class debt to an owner as debt is strange. We have way more debt now than under Shepherd. No doubt you'll say that it's not a problem because it's personal debt, I'd argue the opposite. although he's far younger than Fayed I worry

What the future holds if the fat Cunt chokes on a pie. I'm sure some ex wife will be even less likely to do the right thing than he is.

Im guessing I'm one of those posters Chez talks about and to be fair part of what he says is correct. I always expect the worse from this lot and so far they're generally true to form. On Pardew I'll state now that I believe he was appointed to toe the party line however they appear to have struck lucky, the only criticism I have of the man is his insistence on praising Fatty in press conferences.

Closing of L7, twatful, spiteful and can only have a negative effect on atmosphere. You'll see exactly what I mean the next time were getting tonked at home.

10 year STs seem a good deal but let's seehow it pans out, forcing membership to a club is the key I believe. How much will that cost next year? It could turn out to be a stealth tax as such.

Increasing family enclosure is good, there's no other conclusion. Putting it where he did though was designed to take the flak off L7 disbanding.

Carroll - great business, not having a replacement lined up, gross stupidity that could have cost us another relegation.

At the end of the day Im happy with our start it's way better than I predicted but I can't help but feel I will all fall apart.

This concept of being self sufficient is the worry selling one or two big name performers every year to allow us to buy cheap potential with contract clauses is a dangerous game

Good post.

Do you understand the principle of debits and credits ???

Are Man U the richest club in the land? Yes or No? in the world probably

Yes is the answer you're looking for. Do they have huge debts? Yes again. Yes they do, but that was levereaged buy out debt, they don't go into debt to supplement "on the field", it's incomparable, not to mention the level of debt repayments to their income is well within their means.

What the future holds if the fat Cunt chokes on a pie. I'm sure some ex wife will be even less likely to do the right thing than he is. I don't believe I've ever said it's not debt, of course it is. BUT it's a totally different kettle of fish owing it to an owner as opposed to a financial institution. Especially as our level of debt appears to far exceed the assetts and as such the monies required, which turned into said debt, would not have been available to the club from "the market". If he chokes on a pie yes it's a risk, but depending on how the "loans" are written his death could make no difference. The debts are held by MASH Holdings Ltd, he may die but that company doesn't/won't, all would depend on how his estate/will is written. Probably less of a risk exists than a bank calling in it's due, because there doesn't appear to be a schedule of payments to met etc, therefore default is unlikely and the other risks/vagaries/volativity of the financial climate are mostly nullified. Additionally, I would be amazed if he wasn't cast iron defended against an ex-wife (whether he be alive or dead).

Im guessing I'm one of those posters Chez talks about and to be fair part of what he says is correct. I always expect the worse from this lot and so far they're generally true to form. On Pardew I'll state now that I believe he was appointed to toe the party line however they appear to have struck lucky, the only criticism I have of the man is his insistence on praising Fatty in press conferences. Better to be lucky than good ;) That said, they seem be be striking it lucky with some regularity, so maybe it's not luck (all the time).

Closing of L7, twatful, spiteful and can only have a negative effect on atmosphere. You'll see exactly what I mean the next time were getting tonked at home. There's a much wider duscussion to be had about atmosphere at football grounds and the general sanitisation of them tbh, see below.

10 year STs seem a good deal but let's seehow it pans out, forcing membership to a club is the key I believe. How much will that cost next year? It could turn out to be a stealth tax as such. Remains to be seen I suppose, but "as it stands" it can't be seen as anything but good.

Increasing family enclosure is good, there's no other conclusion. Putting it where he did though was designed to take the flak off L7 disbanding. Mebe's

Carroll - great business, not having a replacement lined up, gross stupidity that could have cost us another relegation. But didn't, not even close tbh.

At the end of the day Im happy with our start it's way better than I predicted but I can't help but feel I will all fall apart. Falling apart, or the expectation that it will, at NUFC is not the preserve of MA's ownership, there's always been an undercurrent of impending doom following NUFC.

This concept of being self sufficient is the worry selling one or two big name performers every year to allow us to buy cheap potential with contract clauses is a dangerous game I don't believe that will happen tbh, unless contracts run down/silly offers come in from top 4-5/Champs League clubs, in that respect we're no different to anyone else.

A digression I know but - On the atmosphere bit:

In 1929, JB Priestly described being in a football crowd as “all brothers together for an hour and a half ... with half of the town and there you were, cheering together, thumping one another on the shoulders, swapping judgements like lord of the earth”.

Now you are a "consumer" and thou shalt sit down in your nice seat and don't even think about swearing (that'll be next to be "cleansed") - t'is the law.

Any area of the ground "standing" was going to get stamped on sooner or later, add in the anti-owner stuff and it was bound to happen sooner rather than the later.

Edited by Toonpack

It seems that all sides outside the top 3 bloated with cash (ManU, Chelsea, ManC) are beatable/drawable.

Liv are still finding their feet, we've played Spurs and Arsenal aren't the force they were a couple of seasons ago.

I agree that standing had to be stopped however the way he did it was never the right way.

The club came to NUST the season we went down and asked us how they could stop the standing in L7, I believe we gave them a number of thoughts on how it could be done and most importantly what they shouldnt do.

True to form they ignored the positive stuff and steamed straight in by employing a security firm to work themselves in there. Cue fighting and random ejections from the ground. Bouncers picking on 70 year old blokes etc.

This is what I get at with this lot (well Dekka frankly) you can almost guarantee that if theres something important needs to be done then he'll fuck it up

This concept of being self sufficient is the worry selling one or two big name performers every year to allow us to buy cheap potential with contract clauses is a dangerous game I don't believe that will happen tbh, unless contracts run down/silly offers come in from top 4-5/Champs League clubs, in that respect we're no different to anyone else.

You seem to be more the financial wiz than me, explain how we aim to be self sufficient and continue to progress on the pitch while our incomings (without player sales) are at best break even. we saw it in september, we'd sold Carroll for £35m yet when it came to Santon the words from Pardew was that we had to sell Enrique first before we could afford to buy him.

Guest CabayeAye

How much is the advertising for Sports Direct estimated to be worth to MA? I imagine that his company must have seen big gains worldwide following the sheer brute force of the red and blue all over SJP.

Considering he is breaking even with the club, he must be turning a big profit in total for MA Holdings LTD considering how well SD is doing.

You seem to be more the financial wiz than me, explain how we aim to be self sufficient and continue to progress on the pitch while our incomings (without player sales) are at best break even. we saw it in september, we'd sold Carroll for £35m yet when it came to Santon the words from Pardew was that we had to sell Enrique first before we could afford to buy him.

make more cuts ?

The result of which, appears to bypass the likes of TP completely.

BTW, have the club cut the number of ball boys at games ?

Krul had a geet pop at a ball boy against Wigan.

Poor lad was dead keen when we were under pressure, Krul telt him to "Calm the fuck down!"

there doesn't seem to be so many, we wondered if they have been reduced but they don't get paid !!! :closedeyes:

Poor lad was dead keen when we were under pressure, Krul telt him to "Calm the fuck down!"

there doesn't seem to be so many, we wondered if they have been reduced but they don't get paid !!! :closedeyes:

They get tracksuits though, and plastic chairs.

That Bastard Ashley is embarrassing us with our ballboy quotient, just to save a few quid. It's the last straw.

They get tracksuits though, and plastic chairs.

That Bastard Ashley is embarrassing us with our ballboy quotient, just to save a few quid. It's the last straw.

all we need now is to waste some money on a trophy signing like ManU have done for the last 20-odd years.

heh tipical ashley eh ruin the image of the club buy putting sports direct all over then buys tracksuits and plastic chairs great image. i thought geordies were ment to be tuff eh whats a matter are you geordies turning into right softies

I once made a joke about us having the worst ball boys in the league and this radge in front of us turned round annoyed going on about Shearer being a ball boy. What an odd cunt. It was at that same time i realised i'd been out the area too long as the lad next to us agreed saying 'aye wuh shite at thrurns anahl'. I had to ask him to repeat what he said.

I once made a joke about us having the worst ball boys in the league and this radge in front of us turned round annoyed going on about Shearer being a ball boy. What an odd cunt. It was at that same time i realised i'd been out the area too long as the lad next to us agreed saying 'aye wuh shite at thrurns anahl'. I had to ask him to repeat what he said.

Two long-term bugbears of mine right there :lol:

:D