More Respect for MA?

JawD

I find it hard to believe that a handful of games and good results against, for the most part, the weaker teams in this league can cloud the view of anyone with even an ounce of common sense.

It tends to be those who don't go to games that have this view, as people who go to games obviously view what happens on the pitch as the correct and main priority. It must be dead easy to sit in an armchair and view the football club in terms of a monopoly board, when you don't put your own cash and time into it.

I'm not saying everybody who goes to games has this view, this is also obviously not the case, some people who can't attend games for whatever reason have correct and sound views, but it can't be co-incidence that those who view the club as a "money" business don't appear to put their own cash into it.

Like me.

I see every game btw

and you put your own cash into it ?

BTW, watching a game live and putting your own cash into it is not the same as watching on TV. And, you can reply to the rest of the post, including my comments that not everybody who watches games on TV is necessarily blind, in your own time.

I used to times 3, much more personal money than your mates ever did. I would suggest as I kept 3 tickets going for 2 years since I stopped going myself, I'm still owed a few games tbh.

what ? Do you think playing in europe, the Champions League, 2 FA Cup Finals, buying top players instead of selling them, etc is not as good value as winning the 2nd division ? Is that the basis of your view that the current owner is "better"

The good stuff is MUCH better, but we were never going back there, we were headed to MUCH worse.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its fell into place with as much luck as planning imo, lets not count or chickens and lets not forget this:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

Which isn't from the tribunal btw, lets not forget that either.

Lets not forget that it doesn't make it any less true though.

To a point, but not as cut and dried or as accurate/damning as the simple quote suggests, unless of course you want to read it that way.

My opinion - just so as not to reopen that debate: Yes they lied about KK not having last word or the final decision on "business" transfers, but nowt else. That quoted statement is taken (by many) to mean that the tribunal found they lied about all and everything all of the time, simply not true.

Did they lie or not? Not sure about you mate but a liar is a liar in my books and rarely change their spots.

They're a pair of lying cunts who can't be trusted....simples

Have you never told a lie ?? Is your real name Jesus.

Actually the real problem is, that you have to trust them, there is no alternative, unless someone with hundreds of millions to throw around comes along. There's absolutely nowt anyone can do about it.

Actually the real problem is, that you have to trust them, there is no alternative, unless someone with hundreds of millions to throw around comes along. There's absolutely nowt anyone can do about it.

Course you don't have to trust them. You can dismiss whatever they say as utter bollocks and judge what happens on actions.

Looking back over the past year or so, the major decisions being...

Sack Hughton

Appoint Pardew

Sell Carroll

Don't replace him

Up the Sports direct ante

Move season ticket holders from the corner

Increase the family enclosure capacity

Restrict fans to 1 away ticket each

Offer a 10 year price freeze

Largley twattish

Edited by Happy Face

Its fell into place with as much luck as planning imo, lets not count or chickens and lets not forget this:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

To a point, but not as cut and dried or as accurate/damning as the simple quote suggests, unless of course you want to read it that way.

My opinion - just so as not to reopen that debate: Yes they lied about KK not having last word or the final decision on "business" transfers, but nowt else. That quoted statement is taken (by many) to mean that the tribunal found they lied about all and everything all of the time, simply not true.

Did they lie or not? Not sure about you mate but a liar is a liar in my books and rarely change their spots.

I know there is no alternative and nothing we can do about it but it doesn't mean I have to trust them, is your name Mug?

Course you don't have to trust them. You can dismiss whatever they say as utter bollocks and judge what happens on actions.

Sack Hughton Appeared twattish but turns out not

Appoint Pardew Appeared twattish but turns out not see above

Sell Carroll Not twattish - wouldn't wat him back tbh

Don't replace him Borderline twattish - Demba Ba "could" be considered the replacement.

Up the Sports direct ante Inconsequential - neither twattish or untwattish

Move season ticket holders from the corner - Understandable given the bile. It's not the first time fans have been shifted, and wont be the last.

Increase the family enclosure capacity - Untwattish

Restrict fans to 1 away ticket each -for Non member fans, that said Paully on Skunkers collared 14 tickets for B'Burn away so is this "1 ticket" really a fact.

Offer a 10 year price freeze Decidedly untwattish surely

Largley twattish

Largely untwattish tbh

In fact it's really a long time since he made a major rick

Don't replace him Borderline twattish - Demba Ba "could" be considered the replacement.

Move season ticket holders from the corner - Understandable given the bile. It's not the first time fans have been shifted, and wont be the last.

Restrict fans to 1 away ticket each -for Non member fans, that said Paully on Skunkers collared 14 tickets for B'Burn away so is this "1 ticket" really a fact.

Largley twattish

Largely untwattish tbh

I'm not going to go over all the twattish things above. I've tried to include all the major decisions, twattish or not, and I'm sure you'll be in the minority on most if you asked fans wether they think each was twattish or not.

I know there is no alternative and nothing we can do about it but it doesn't mean I have to trust them, is your name Mug?

What does your lack of trust protect you from ??

Because of the fact you don't trust them, what do you do differently in respect of them ??

I assume little, other than take every decision that's made in a negative light and therefore getting needlessly wound up, often over nowt probably. That causes no-one but yourself angst.

They will do what they will do, nowt you can do about it, I neither trust nor mistrust them, as my trust (or not) is of no consequence, other than it may get me wound up and thus I'd be the only one to suffer. It's not worth the trouble.

Largley twattish

Largely untwattish tbh

I'm not going to go over all the twattish things above. I've tried to include all the major decisions, twattish or not, and I'm sure you'll be in the minority on most if you asked fans wether they think each was twattish or not.

I would suggest, other than the seat move thing and maybe the SD sinage (as they're both emotive to a point), anyone stating those I've labelled untwattish as twattish would be patently wrong (for example the price freeze).

I would suggest, other than the seat move thing and maybe the SD sinage (as they're both emotive to a point), anyone stating those I've labelled untwattish as twattish would be patently wrong (for example the price freeze).

Lordy! Of course the price freeze isn't twattish. It's something Ashley deserves credit for. I would not argue otherwise as to do so would be utter stupidity. I'm being fair by listing ALL his major decisions. If I didn't include those good things I'd be dishonest and you/chez/CT would say "negative".

Of course you're going to try and vindicate a lot of the twattish stuff too, None of it has been vindicated as yet though.

If events on the pitch eventually manage to get TP to make the odd post that relates to the actual match I might cut MA some slack.

I do and have made numerous "match" posts, always have.

Didn't literally mean never but had a quick look and the first three pages of your posts (in reverse date) order don't include a single 'match' post bar goading Leazes about not having posted since the Spurs game. Enough said. :jesuswept:

I find it hard to believe that a handful of games and good results against, for the most part, the weaker teams in this league can cloud the view of anyone with even an ounce of common sense.

It tends to be those who don't go to games that have this view, as people who go to games obviously view what happens on the pitch as the correct and main priority. It must be dead easy to sit in an armchair and view the football club in terms of a monopoly board, when you don't put your own cash and time into it.

I'm not saying everybody who goes to games has this view, this is also obviously not the case, some people who can't attend games for whatever reason have correct and sound views, but it can't be co-incidence that those who view the club as a "money" business don't appear to put their own cash into it.

Like me.

I see every game btw

and you put your own cash into it ?

BTW, watching a game live and putting your own cash into it is not the same as watching on TV. And, you can reply to the rest of the post, including my comments that not everybody who watches games on TV is necessarily blind, in your own time.

I used to times 3, much more personal money than your mates ever did. I would suggest as I kept 3 tickets going for 2 years since I stopped going myself, I'm still owed a few games tbh.

what ? Do you think playing in europe, the Champions League, 2 FA Cup Finals, buying top players instead of selling them, etc is not as good value as winning the 2nd division ? Is that the basis of your view that the current owner is "better"

The good stuff is MUCH better, but we were never going back there, we were headed to MUCH worse.

at the time, I believe the vast majority of people wanted rid of them "because anybody would do better than this".

As if "anybody" would automatically lift the club into the top 4 alongside Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal and Liverpool - at the time .

Simple odds, and I'm not even a betting man. What are or were the odds on that ? Incredible that people would believe such rubbish.

You still don't confirm your view that Ashley is not going to match the ambitions, nor attempt to even realise the potential of the club, which is what I believe you were hoping he would do in the last transfer window "because its now the first time he has money to spend". This statement is also bollocks, it would mean going into this "debt" again, and if that was his aim, he would have gone that route ages ago. Which is also straightforward logical thought process.

I really think its about time you just admitted that myself and others who told you ages ago that he would not attempt to realise the capability of the club have been correct, and get on with things. You are wasting your time spending so much time trying to deflect the content of your posts and avoid admitting this.

His direction has been obvious for 4 years now, all you and others needed to do was take your head out of the sand.

He will NEVER match the league positions of the previous regime, or even attempt it. He will ALWAYS sell our best players when possible and not back his managers with the money received. Most supporters who stump up the money to go to games, and so actually focus on winning on the pitch above all else [and for the most part understand this is what drives the finance] will never consider this to be "better" than fighting eternal relegation battles and settling for survival. There is still a little way to go yet before this sinks in with an element of the support, but they will realise eventually this is what this football club is all about now.

Didn't literally mean never but had a quick look and the first three pages of your posts (in reverse date) order don't include a single 'match' post bar goading Leazes about not having posted since the Spurs game. Enough said. :jesuswept:

that is true, I'm not "goaded" Alex, but I'm close to giving up on him.

By the same token alex, there are loads of posters conspicuous by their absence in match threads so far this season.

Fwiw, I agree with what you said about needing to see sustained performance on the pitch before any re-assessment of MA can occur. I would argue a season should be enough, I know you said two. Boils down to trust that and there is no legitimate reason for me to say one rather than two. Pardew did make a big point last night about trust with the fans being his main driving objective. What he does will permeate throughout the club.

By the same token alex, there are loads of posters conspicuous by their absence in match threads so far this season.

Fwiw, I agree with what you said about needing to see sustained performance on the pitch before any re-assessment of MA can occur. I would argue a season should be enough, I know you said two. Boils down to trust that and there is no legitimate reason for me to say one rather than two. Pardew did make a big point last night about trust with the fans being his main driving objective. What he does will permeate throughout the club.

Really? Like who? Can't say I've noticed like.

Like I say, I haven't noticed. If people are just waiting for us to lose so they can gloat and you're saying that's also sad as fuck, then we agree on them and TP ;)

I wasn't defending TP I was saying just that, however it's a trend which I saw more from earlier games, I think people are beginning to warm up a bit to the team. To be fair if we

Keep the run going and then lose against man u etc then am sure there won't be any gloating.