More Respect for MA?

JawD

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't defending TP I was saying just that, however it's a trend which I saw more from earlier games, I think people are beginning to warm up a bit to the team. To be fair if we

Keep the run going and then lose against man u etc then am sure there won't be any gloating.

Nice backtrack.

These aren't the Jedi's you're looking for.

Droids

I was with some filmakers from from San Francisco last night in the bar and they kept getting it wrong... :lol:

Anyway, the discussion centered around the fact that Star Wars woudn't have worked without the gravitas of the leading Eng actors.

Edited by Park Life

Didn't literally mean never but had a quick look and the first three pages of your posts (in reverse date) order don't include a single 'match' post bar goading Leazes about not having posted since the Spurs game. Enough said. :jesuswept:

As ever, you come up with selective facetious shite. On my first page, I have a post regarding the Pardew interview, which I recomended to everyone to listen to. Noticeably no-one on this forum appeared to.

There hasn't been a game since Spurs, my posts (recent) have been on topics that have been being discussed, simple as, you're getting as bad as LM for making shite up.

These aren't the Jedi's you're looking for.

Droids

I was with some filmakers from from San Francisco last night in the bar and they kept getting it wrong... :lol:

Anyway, the discussion centered around the fact that Star Wars woudn't have worked without the gravitas of the leading Eng actors.

Like Jonny Briggs' dad?

Didn't literally mean never but had a quick look and the first three pages of your posts (in reverse date) order don't include a single 'match' post bar goading Leazes about not having posted since the Spurs game. Enough said. :jesuswept:

As ever, you come up with selective facetious shite. On my first page, I have a post regarding the Pardew interview, which I recomended to everyone to listen to. Noticeably no-one on this forum appeared to.

There hasn't been a game since Spurs, my posts (recent) have been on topics that have been being discussed, simple as, you're getting as bad as LM for making shite up.

You gonna bark all night little doggie or you gonna bite? :lol:

:lol:

I wasn't defending TP I was saying just that, however it's a trend which I saw more from earlier games, I think people are beginning to warm up a bit to the team. To be fair if we

Keep the run going and then lose against man u etc then am sure there won't be any gloating.

to be fair Chez, you responded to a post I made where I said there was an increasing amount of posts similar to the crap posted on NO. The comment you are making here ie implying that people are waiting for the team to lose before "gloating" is exactly the sort of crap comments that became quite prominent on NO before I was banned.

To date, unlike some, I haven't given up supporting the team yet, and I'm not even one of the people who think exciting times are just around the corner ie mid table obscurity which is the new target.

I don't comment in many match threads whatever the result, I never have as a rule. And I've already started the Wigan thread by saying that win, lose or draw I may not be posting for a few days again even if I feel inclined to.

My stance remains. The club is in long term decline, because it is encompassing falling standards and targets [now there is a modern business cliche for you.....]. A small run of good results isn't going to change that mate.

I find it hard to believe that a handful of games and good results against, for the most part, the weaker teams in this league can cloud the view of anyone with even an ounce of common sense.

It tends to be those who don't go to games that have this view, as people who go to games obviously view what happens on the pitch as the correct and main priority. It must be dead easy to sit in an armchair and view the football club in terms of a monopoly board, when you don't put your own cash and time into it.

I'm not saying everybody who goes to games has this view, this is also obviously not the case, some people who can't attend games for whatever reason have correct and sound views, but it can't be co-incidence that those who view the club as a "money" business don't appear to put their own cash into it.

Like me.

I see every game btw

and you put your own cash into it ?

BTW, watching a game live and putting your own cash into it is not the same as watching on TV. And, you can reply to the rest of the post, including my comments that not everybody who watches games on TV is necessarily blind, in your own time.

I used to times 3, much more personal money than your mates ever did. I would suggest as I kept 3 tickets going for 2 years since I stopped going myself, I'm still owed a few games tbh.

what ? Do you think playing in europe, the Champions League, 2 FA Cup Finals, buying top players instead of selling them, etc is not as good value as winning the 2nd division ? Is that the basis of your view that the current owner is "better"

The good stuff is MUCH better, but we were never going back there, we were headed to MUCH worse.

at the time, I believe the vast majority of people wanted rid of them "because anybody would do better than this".

As if "anybody" would automatically lift the club into the top 4 alongside Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal and Liverpool - at the time .

Simple odds, and I'm not even a betting man. What are or were the odds on that ? Incredible that people would believe such rubbish.

You still don't confirm your view that Ashley is not going to match the ambitions, nor attempt to even realise the potential of the club, which is what I believe you were hoping he would do in the last transfer window "because its now the first time he has money to spend". This statement is also bollocks, it would mean going into this "debt" again, and if that was his aim, he would have gone that route ages ago. Which is also straightforward logical thought process.

I really think its about time you just admitted that myself and others who told you ages ago that he would not attempt to realise the capability of the club have been correct, and get on with things. You are wasting your time spending so much time trying to deflect the content of your posts and avoid admitting this.

His direction has been obvious for 4 years now, all you and others needed to do was take your head out of the sand.

He will NEVER match the league positions of the previous regime, or even attempt it. He will ALWAYS sell our best players when possible and not back his managers with the money received. Most supporters who stump up the money to go to games, and so actually focus on winning on the pitch above all else [and for the most part understand this is what drives the finance] will never consider this to be "better" than fighting eternal relegation battles and settling for survival. There is still a little way to go yet before this sinks in with an element of the support, but they will realise eventually this is what this football club is all about now.

How the fuck would it have been "better" if the previous regime were still in charge.

Go on, convince me.

Think I'll bite tbh.

Anyway it's not night-time

Another post that has nothing to do with football from TP there.

Have you listened to Pardew yet, be interested in your comments.

Be a quiet board if we only discussed games, they don't happen daily you do realise.

to be fair Chez, you responded to a post I made where I said there was an increasing amount of posts similar to the crap posted on NO. The comment you are making here ie implying that people are waiting for the team to lose before "gloating" is exactly the sort of crap comments that became quite prominent on NO before I was banned.

To date, unlike some, I haven't given up supporting the team yet, and I'm not even one of the people who think exciting times are just around the corner ie mid table obscurity which is the new target.

I don't comment in many match threads whatever the result, I never have as a rule. And I've already started the Wigan thread by saying that win, lose or draw I may not be posting for a few days again even if I feel inclined to.

My stance remains. The club is in long term decline, because it is encompassing falling standards and targets [now there is a modern business cliche for you.....]. A small run of good results isn't going to change that mate.

None of you make any attempt whatsoever to be objective and assess things from a balanced perspective. Anger and resentment builds up over time, through a succession of events that are spun negatively at the time. The fact that these events dont end up being negative does not lead to people to say 'we were wrong about that'. They just search for new ways to hold on to their opinion. Happens in all walks of life, its an established and known behaviour.

I just try and bring some balance to things, we are going well for now, we have a new strategy, its less exciting than previous strategies but its the one we have. I dont know if it will work but i understand why we have adopted it. The things that MA has done wrong since relegation are 1) Getting rid of the singing section. The SD branding could be worth £40m, we dont know how it is positioned financially inside his head or whether there are no actual payments associated with them. Pure conjecture for now. Carroll? I'm happy. Nolan? I'm happy. Pardew? I'm happy. Enrique? Lets wait and see. Barton? Stil a bit disappointed tbh but thats life.

If you can get over what happened 3 seasons ago, then all i can see is a debate about ambition and if we are competing for 7th, then thats an accurate and fair representation of our status in the game financially this year.

People need to grow up imo. Sorry, i know that sounds terrible saying it like that buts its how i feel.

Anger and resentment builds up over time, through a succession of events that are spun negatively at the time.

Well stop spinning events negatively Chez, give it a chance....

Cant believe this is happening. I thought we were slowly becoming a normal club again.

If he appoints Pardew i want NUST to **** the fat cunt.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=28920&st=80&p=817221entry817221

;) ;)

By the same token alex, there are loads of posters conspicuous by their absence in match threads so far this season.

Not sure the relevance of whether someone contributes to a match-thread or not?

There have been plenty of times where I've watched the game, had thoughts and opinions by the sackload, pop online only to find everything I was going to say, said or convincingly argued against.

(I'm directing this at both alex and Chez, just couldn't be fucked to multi-quote)