Perhaps we need another quality CD in Jan rather than a striker.

Park Life

The worrying thing about Ba is that everytime I see him get a tackle put in against him, I worry he will pick up a knock and misses games. He will be away to the African Nations and even looking beyond that to the Pre-season, we got to rememeber he will be doing Ramadan and he wont be as sharp as he would usually be.

A few would argue that Best and Shola would be good enough to last until he came back however we really do need another threatening striker in the shape of a really lightening quick and agile player. This would add a new threat in our attack and a great option from the bench.

In terms of a centre back, Samba is a good shout however at 27, would he just fit in to our blue print and no more. I would be more fearful for how much he would cost, etc.

My dream January - Eric Peters and Agbonlahor. Both fit in to the blue print. However I think Gabby would be a bit a pie in the sky target!

Gabby would be 10m the way he's going this season and Eng and so on...So a no go.

Rather we unearth a pacey African from France or Belgium for half the price.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worrying thing about Ba is that everytime I see him get a tackle put in against him, I worry he will pick up a knock and misses games. He will be away to the African Nations and even looking beyond that to the Pre-season, we got to rememeber he will be doing Ramadan and he wont be as sharp as he would usually be.

A few would argue that Best and Shola would be good enough to last until he came back however we really do need another threatening striker in the shape of a really lightening quick and agile player. This would add a new threat in our attack and a great option from the bench.

In terms of a centre back, Samba is a good shout however at 27, would he just fit in to our blue print and no more. I would be more fearful for how much he would cost, etc.

My dream January - Eric Peters and Agbonlahor. Both fit in to the blue print. However I think Gabby would be a bit a pie in the sky target!

Gabby would be 10m the way he's going this season and Eng and so on...So a no go.

Rather we unearth a pacey African from France or Belgium for half the price.

Why would you prefer someone untested and from abroad over a tried and tested player in the Premier league, pricetag aside? I can see your point from an accountants perspective, but then again we are fans, not excel-sheet wankers ( or are we?)

If it ain't broke..........................................

Seriously, what level of centre half (better than Williamson) are you going to get who'll be happy on the bench for when someone gets injured. I accept STaylor's made some ricks but he's also made some excellent blocks etc. Him and Collo work very well together. I really wouldn't change it, a back four is a unit, often greater than the sum of it's parts.

I would go to Benfica with £10m and say look give us Garay. I followed his career since he was at Racing Santander, he's like Lucio but defends better. If he was Spanish he'd still be playing for Real, they dropped a bollocking selling him.

I would go to Benfica with £10m and say look give us Garay. I followed his career since he was at Racing Santander, he's like Lucio but defends better. If he was Spanish he'd still be playing for Real, they dropped a bollocking selling him.

Aye i've always liked him decent centre back looked promising and will no doubt be a first choice argie soon enough.

When they sold him i thought "fucking hell should've lobbed him on loan and brought him back when carvahlio is knackered instead"

Same goes for Zapata who has ended up at villareal, bit like colo good on the ball but considerably better at throwing his weight around.

Aye. Zapata decent, that Colotto looked ok too despite DLC going down but Garay should be at of the biggest clubs in the world.

I'd say a full back(LB- Pieters would be nice) and a centre back are more vital than a striker in terms of january, especially if Pardew starts playing ben Arfa where he said he would.

We've no chance of signing Samba, have a word. So-called soliciter? You're avin a fackin laugh.

Benfica are joint top of Liga so I can't see Garay coming, but he'd be a great signing: Argentinian too so he could talk to Colo about dead dogs and stuff and forge a real partnership.

They could perhaps wile away the small hours building little Belgrano models and have sing songs about Peron.

We've no chance of signing Samba, have a word. So-called soliciter? You're avin a fackin laugh.

Benfica are joint top of Liga so I can't see Garay coming, but he'd be a great signing: Argentinian too so he could talk to Colo about dead dogs and stuff and forge a real partnership.

They could perhaps wile away the small hours building little Belgrano models and have sing songs about Peron.

The 'Belgrano Defence'. An actual phrase used in legal circles when arguing you hit someone before they hit you first, as used by celebrated Scouse liar Steven Gerrard.

It's like being top of the SPL though, and Benfica and Porto have sold loads of good players to clubs of our stature, Tottenham got Ricardo Rocha when he was their best defender not to mention Pedro Mendes and even Charlton got Jorge Costa.

As soon as Colo & Taylor get injured were fucked. A CD & FB would be nice.

As I said on the wireless, Williamson's shit anyway but injured, and our present back up is fucking Perch an unbelievable circumstance, and yes they may shift Simpson to CB, but he's too small for starters and too shit. Honestly I'd push the boat out for Garay the fact he'd have an Argie beside him would help, plus Jonas is there too.

By the way I think Jonas is having his best season this season, very good so far.

As I said on the wireless, Williamson's shit anyway but injured, and our present back up is fucking Perch an unbelievable circumstance, and yes they may shift Simpson to CB, but he's too small for starters and too shit. Honestly I'd push the boat out for Garay the fact he'd have an Argie beside him would help, plus Jonas is there too.

By the way I think Jonas is having his best season this season, very good so far.

Isnt he just? The whole team (apart from the obvious one) seems to have a serious graft ethic. They fill in where the gaps are, they graft hard. Attack wise Jonas has been great, a little fine tweaking with maybe releasing the ball earlier and wow, what a player.

If you ever watch Barca whenever they loose the ball 4 men or so always work hard to get the ball. They surround the man with the ball, I would like to think were doing similar. We work hard to get the ball back. At times on Sunday we were very patient with our build up play and it was very satisfying. No frustrating long balls to Strola who cant hold up fuck all. No long balls to the opposition.

Fingers crossed :)

As soon as Colo and Taylor get fucked?

Anyone losing both their first choice centre halves simultaneously are going to be in the shit tbh.

As soon as Colo and Taylor get fucked?

Anyone losing both their first choice centre halves simultaneously are going to be in the shit tbh.

:unsure2:

Well yes, but, other teams do have some cover to limit the damage.

Isnt he just? The whole team (apart from the obvious one) seems to have a serious graft ethic. They fill in where the gaps are, they graft hard. Attack wise Jonas has been great, a little fine tweaking with maybe releasing the ball earlier and wow, what a player.

If you ever watch Barca whenever they loose the ball 4 men or so always work hard to get the ball. They surround the man with the ball, I would like to think were doing similar. We work hard to get the ball back. At times on Sunday we were very patient with our build up play and it was very satisfying. No frustrating long balls to Strola who cant hold up fuck all. No long balls to the opposition.

Fingers crossed :)

That's just it, yet the yids were saying we were very direct? Fucking arseholes. Very cultured build up play by Newcastle on Sunday.

Yup, agree. Always frustrated me Jonas with his lack of end product but he's looked more like a proper winger this season than ever before, which is bizarre seeing as we thought the loss of Enrique would see him suffer the most.