Latest Joaquin developments

Optimistic Nut

Decided to have a little look over on www.marca.com, and they're saying Joaquin is being lined up to go to Juventus in the transfer window to replace Nedved for €10m ...although Betis want €20m. They also say Mutu could be used as bait.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Erm...

Still better though. Then we can have Nedved for a couple of years, and that should be fine by me.

71424[/snapback]

He's almost the same age as Shearer :D

71447[/snapback]

He's almost 5 years younger than Sheringham, and he looks better than Shearer IMO.

Nedved is 33 isn't he?

Erm...

Still better though. Then we can have Nedved for a couple of years, and that should be fine by me.

71424[/snapback]

He's almost the same age as Shearer :blush:

71447[/snapback]

He's almost 5 years younger than Sheringham, and he looks better than Shearer IMO.

Nedved is 33 isn't he?

71454[/snapback]

:D

Heard rumours from several non-NUFC related sources without me having to ask that these stories going round linking us with Joaquin carry quite a bit of foundation and that he is actually quite keen due to him being best mates with a certain Albert Luque....

Of course it means nowt, but it'd be nice to look back on this if he did sign...

He would be wasted here don't you think?

71532[/snapback]

Looking more optimisitically, I think he'd greatly improve us...

If we refrained from signing anyone because we feel he might be 'wasted' we'd sign no-one.

We start improving the squad, we'll start improving the results and position...

71532[/snapback]

If we refrained from signing anyone because we feel he might be 'wasted' we'd sign no-one.

71536[/snapback]

We could sign Ronaldhino for a waffle, but still with Souness at the helm we'd be shit. :D

71532[/snapback]

71536[/snapback]

Do you not think Joaquin would need a good man manager to break him into the team, and to tell him how to play. I feel Souness is unable to to get the best out of Luque, or even know what to do with him, and I'm not sure what Souness' plans are for Solano. I also think he could do abit more with Scott Parker. Parker's always been a good player but for Charlton when they brough Matt Holland into the defensive midfield position, Parker became class, and stepped his game up....

Shite me Chicken and chips are burning.

I'm not suggesting that Souness is a good manager who will get the best out of players - far from it.

It's just that in order for this club to improve, we need to sign better players and that to suggest that he would be 'wasted' here is a negative response IMO. I sincerely hope that Souness is not here next season and hope that his replacement will be successful at getting the best from his players. If that's the case then having Joaquin on the payroll and a manager who can get the best from him gets the mouth watering...

Aye I agree, but I'm just thinking Souness might make him shite, get the boo boys shouting at him giving him shit, saying he is overated, therefore he loses his confidence. e.g Luque, Faye and to some extent Kluivert.

Seriously, we (the fans) have to stop thinking we shouldn't sign certain quality players simply because the manager is not up to managing them well.

I know that's not necessarily what you were saying, but it is a mentality which is becoming common. Joaquin is a quality player, whoever is managing him - if he wants to come, we should pull out all the stops regardless who's in charge...

Seriously, we (the fans) have to stop thinking we shouldn't sign certain quality players simply because the manager is not up to managing them well.

I know that's not necessarily what you were saying, but it is a mentality which is becoming common. Joaquin is a quality player, whoever is managing him - if he wants to come, we should pull out all the stops regardless who's in charge...

71544[/snapback]

Very rarely I agree with Craig but I do here.