Pet Hates!

catmag

Not for me. The stuff that I liked is the same stuff you get in any Chinese, but the fragrangy stuff... Yuk

I much prefer it to Chinese food, mainly due to the spices etc that are used.

Aye it's fucking lush. Best Thai food I've ever had was in a restaurant in Harrogate. Phenomenal.

If it was part of a hotel then I've been there too and it was spot on. Luckily I managed to burn some off later. ;)

Back to Cath's OP, got to agree. The price of a pair of kid's shoes that last for two or three months - fucking scandalous. Doesn't help by the mrs insisting we get him campers. 40 sheets for a 19 month old's shoes man.

HR departments.

I really can't think of a more pointless facet of of the working environment than these fuckers. Everyone in my department was allocated at least one "training" course a few weeks ago and I was allocated "business presentation skills" which is this Friday. Presentations are not part of my job, will never be and I have no interest in them whatsoever. The only reason I didn't kick up a fuss is that the other lads were given alternatives which I'd have to do which are even more appalling like "personal effectiveness".

I'm sure theres a a network of people who work in HR and those who used to who now run training companies which provide psedo-scientifically based bullshit like this to keep each other in work. Cunts the lot of them.

Anyway I filled in a pre-course questionnaire last week in which I made my feelings known - we have to prepare a short presentation "you'd normally give in the course of your work" so I mentioned that they'd have to give me a clue as it just doesn't happen. I'm now thinking of doing one of the effectiveness of HR and shit training courses just for a laugh.

Don't get me wrong I love proper technical training and have been on a few excellent courses in the past but that was orgainised by me or managers who have a bastard clue.

HR departments.

I really can't think of a more pointless facet of of the working environment than these fuckers. Everyone in my department was allocated at least one "training" course a few weeks ago and I was allocated "business presentation skills" which is this Friday. Presentations are not part of my job, will never be and I have no interest in them whatsoever. The only reason I didn't kick up a fuss is that the other lads were given alternatives which I'd have to do which are even more appalling like "personal effectiveness".

I'm sure theres a a network of people who work in HR and those who used to who now run training companies which provide psedo-scientifically based bullshit like this to keep each other in work. Cunts the lot of them.

Anyway I filled in a pre-course questionnaire last week in which I made my feelings known - we have to prepare a short presentation "you'd normally give in the course of your work" so I mentioned that they'd have to give me a clue as it just doesn't happen. I'm now thinking of doing one of the effectiveness of HR and shit training courses just for a laugh.

Don't get me wrong I love proper technical training and have been on a few excellent courses in the past but that was orgainised by me or managers who have a bastard clue.

Reminds me when me and my mate used to turn up and talk shit to middle managers and get them to clap themselves and stand on chairs and speak with a box on their heads. Charging £800 for the day. :lol: Clowns HR the lot of em....

Reminds me when me and my mate used to turn up and talk shit to middle managers and get them to clap themselves and stand on chairs and speak with a box on their heads. Charging £800 for the day. :lol: Clowns HR the lot of em....

:lol: I can just see it.

We did a lush training last week, simulated price war-games with a proper piece of software. You had to interact with each team, negotiate and then bid for business. It all got processed through a program and then generated a business report for the year. We were all bankrupt by 2018.

People who slow down as they overtake lorries on the motorway.

just don't understand why they do it. Going 70mph in lane 3 then come up to pass a lorry overtaking something else and they slow down to 60 as they pass then it then speed up again.

People who slow down as they overtake lorries on the motorway.

just don't understand why they do it. Going 70mph in lane 3 then come up to pass a lorry overtaking something else and they slow down to 60 as they pass then it then speed up again.

Lorries overtaking lorries. Ones travelling at 50, the other at 52 and then they choose the most awkward time to pass one another.

I understand why they may want to change things up a little, but wait until it's 3-4 lanes, or clear behind them for a mile or whatever.

Don't think I've ever got angry while driving.

Passengers usually get more wound up than me.

I might disapprove when someone leaves a roundabout without indicating, but i wouldn't sweat the small stuff.

Most people aren't merrily drawing flow charts of the next 5 miles though in their heads though, are they?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...