Pet Hates!

catmag

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that holiday destinations go on without you.

IE You have a great holiday somewhere and then some time later you are back home doing something shit and you remember that great club sandwich you had for example sitting on the dock of St Tropez, and suddenly you remember that "other people" are having that same great time right now and every day. :(

The fact that holiday destinations go on without you.

IE You have a great holiday somewhere and then some time later you are back home doing something shit and you remember that great club sandwich you had for example sitting on the dock of St Tropez, and suddenly you remember that "other people" are having that same great time right now and every day. :(

Aye that is a crushing feeling. Thought it was just me.

People that spark up the moment they step out of the train station, blowing a gale of secondary smoke in your face first thing in the morning. It's enough to make me never want to smoke again. How can a tab at this time in the morning on a school day taste good?

My boss. He's such a flip flopping wet blanket. The most reluctant manager I've ever worked for. Make a decision and stick to it ffs

Mine too. I brought it up in a team meeting last week (obviously in slightly different language). Went down like a shit sarnie.

Mine too. I brought it up in a team meeting last week (obviously in slightly different language). Went down like a shit sarnie.

It does have his advantages. When he tries to dump some waste of time job on me, if i question it, he usually backs down. Sometimes you need your manager to make a decision and stick to it. That's why he gets paid more than the rest of us - to make difficult decisions. Honestly, this guy is so determined to avoid confrontation at all costs, he'll ask you to do something one minute then tell you it's a shit idea the next.

There's plenty of yes men in the NHS. That's the reason they get promoted, their ability to pass down shit from above without questioning it

That's so true like.

In my line of work I make decisions that upset a lot of people as they need to be done to take the business forward. Those above say they agree with it then as soon as they get one person approach them about it they change their stance and say it was never agreed in the first place.

My boss is a right hard ass northerner. I've finally convinced her that one of the current contract bids I'm working on just won't be worth doing. I don't think she's happy about it mind.

She once got the hump with me as she wasn't happy with my performance, so didn't talk to me for 2 weeks. :idiot:

Doesn't look like I'll be keeping this job much longer, but hey ho. :ermm:

• 2 weeks later...

Desperately trying to avoid stereotype joke..

I thought about the wording of my post very carefully, and still nobody made the joke :huff:

You're all pricks.

Thai food is incredible. No surprise that the taste vacuum doesn't like it. :razz:

Aye it's fucking lush. Best Thai food I've ever had was in a restaurant in Harrogate. Phenomenal.