NUFC BLOG POST

Matt-Joyce

I take it youre attending the "Lee Ryder school of Journalism"?

Premier League history was made this weekend and not just in Manchester.

Newcastle have now gone a run of 14 games unbeaten, which includes two Carling cup ties. Their Premier League unbeaten record was equalled on Saturday with a gritty win at home to struggling Wigan.

If its been equalled then its not made history surely?

Newcastle have conceded 0.57 goals per game as apposed to 1.50 last season

6 goals in 9 games = 0.66 per game doesnt it? youve taken those stats from the BBC and then not adjusted them for the later time you published.

Please run a spellchecker before publishing although as proven by Ryder, its not a prerequisite of working for the Ronnie.

I think he is referring to our games at the tailend of last season where we were unbeaten for the 14 mark.

The article isnt bad however it isnt really good. I feel you have went out and copied other peoples work and put it all together really.

My advice would be to maybe look at something like our Striker targets we have been linked with and do some real digging that you havent read on the main stream newcastle website. Nobody really knows about Maiga, is he strong? is he fast? we know he has scored 4 goals in his last 6 games though.

I think you need to make your work more unique and make it looks as if you have put work in to it.

Agree with Keith there. Also, the formatting is a bit shoddy. And did you proofread it? Personnel / personal for example. You need to be more controversial (but not just for the sake of it) and be a bit different, as Keith alluded to, to stand out from the crowd. Try and avoid cliches as well. Hard, I know.

Premier League history was equalled this weekend, and it has nothing to do with the massacre in Manchester.

Newcastle have now gone a run of 14 games unbeaten, which includes two Carling cup ties. Their Premier League unbeaten record was equalled on Saturday with a gritty win at home to struggling Wigan.

At a loss as to what we've achieved here. If it includes league cup results, it's not Premier league history. I'm pretty sure it's not the longest PL unbeaten run too, given Arsenal went a season.

Randomly insert 'my understanding is' into every article and the Chronicle job will be yours within the year.

Or "club insider"

"Wide of the mark"

Cheers for all the feedback guys. Obviously I've had to take some stats off the BBC site, without stating they were before saturday's game. All constructive criticism, cheers for reading.

Theyre actually from before the Spurs game.

Thing is you could have quite easily reworked the stats to bring them upto date.

Your lack of attention to detail will ensure you're guaranteed a job for life at NCJ, Alan Oliver, Lee Ryder, Matt Joyce.

Not joking around here, but you could do a lot worse than sticking around here and building a presence.

There's several posters who give more insightful opinions than the majority of local journalists without necessarily having any of the access to the club they do. I can scroll through a match thread with avatars off and have a good guess at who's written most of the more detailed posts without seeing their names.

At the moment, as others say, you seem to be picking up a lot of what the paid NUFC writers are writing and regurgitating it in a similar style. I think a year on here or somewhere similar might help you find a voice of your own. A dozen or so posts a day and you will have written tens of thousands of words on NUFC. Not to mention read ten times as much again, which will be even more useful.

Not joking around here, but you could do a lot worse than sticking around here and building a presence.

There's several posters who give more insightful opinions than the majority of local journalists without necessarily having any of the access to the club they do. I can scroll through a match thread with avatars off and have a good guess at who's written most of the more detailed posts without seeing their names.

At the moment, as others say, you seem to be picking up a lot of what the paid NUFC writers are writing and regurgitating it in a similar style. I think a year on here or somewhere similar might help you find a voice of your own. A dozen or so posts a day and you will have written tens of thousands of words on NUFC. Not to mention read ten times as much again, which will be even more useful.

Just let Stevie do a bit of ghost writing. Sorted. :)

Just let Stevie do a bit of ghost writing. Sorted. :)

I'm gerrin the word......"Mugs"!

Actually, joking aside, my mates a sport journalist and half the battle is keeping good relations with the club. That doesn't necessarily mean the board by the way. Or even the manager. As long as you've got someone on the inside who's privy to information and you don't get barred from the club you'll be fine.