NUFC Top Ten Foreign Imports

Happy Face

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emre's alright.Not in the top 10, not in the bottom 10 which is why he hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

Rossi should be in the top 10, in terms of calibre of player.

not based on his time here

If you're still out there Leazes what was Benny Arentoft like?.....one of the 10 best?......

As an aside. My first ever "favourite" Newcastle player aided hugely by the fact my first Newcastle subbuteo team (around that time) had one figure thats hair hadn't been painted and so was instantly blonde Benny.

The top ten foreign turkeys:

Luque

Marclino

Dumas

Viana

Anderson

Fumaca

Boumsong

Xisco

Babayaro

Cordone

I'm sure there are many more that could make this list

Kluivert

Guivarc'h

Bassedas

Tomasson

Sadly miss-used (or under-rated) by us, as his later career showed.

The top ten foreign turkeys:

Luque

Marclino

Dumas

Viana

Anderson

Fumaca

Boumsong

Xisco

Babayaro

Cordone

I'm sure there are many more that could make this list

Kluivert

Guivarc'h

Bassedas

Tomasson

Sadly miss-used (or under-rated) by us, as his later career showed.

Not suited to the English game, I think. Rather weak player, lacking any real pace. In Italy it's easier to get away with that. Intelligent player, but not enough to compensate in England.

Hottiger was quite good. Bernard should definitely be in there. There's one or two players I literally cannot remember how good/shit they were now (Domi/Goma/Dabizas). I like N'Zogbia but was underused at times while here. Never thought much of Asprilla in the league, scored very few goals.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Domi was good. Got our money's worth with Dabizas. Both scored against the tramps too.

Didn't Domi go a bit mental thinking the world was going to end or something? I know the Argentina keeper did and retired for a while because of it.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Habib Beye?....arguably our best attacking right full-back for some time (well at least in my 30+ years following the Toon)

Received player of the season iirc or did I dream that too? :lol:

http://www.beyewatch.co.uk/

I think Beye and also Bassong did well in their short times here but I think they maybe stood out because they got on with their jobs quietly and did OK in a messed up/dysfunctional team. Neither have done much since leaving.

Jonas would be ahead of N'Zogbia in terms of his input and value. Has already clocked up 113 games for us in just over three season, and that will continue to grow as he's rarely injured. Never sulks, always has a great attitude and despite most considering him a bit of a turkey in front of goals he's only scored 1 less goal than N'Zogbia and has five games up his sleeve to draw himself level.

Bernard tarnished his own image with his second 'stint' here.