Good stuff Gaddafi did.

Park Life

16 Things Libya Will Never See Again

Great Manmade River

There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.

There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.

Having a home considered a human right in Libya.

All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.

Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.

If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.

If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.

The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.

Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.

If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.

A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.

40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.

25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.

Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

http://www.disinfo.com/2011/10/16-things-libya-will-never-see-again/

Edited by Park Life

This is old.

After seeing the 'Angel of Death' laughing as he was sentenced yesterday, it made me wonder if the brutal death Gaddafi suffered would not be more fitting for these types. In a way Gaddafi consented to a violent end, as he did everything in his power to prolong the violence. Watching all the footage after his capture my reaction was to wonder what was going through his mind, I was not shocked or repelled by his treatment. I've often heard it said that in a trial we may of heard damning evidence against the likes of Berlesconi and the international mass-murderer and war-criminal, Tony Bliar (Kosovo, Ruanda and Sierra Leone never happened apparently), but it should be remembered that Gaddafi was completely insane and barely capable of uttering a coherent sentence. Still, seeing the dignity with which the victims of Alfredo Astiz have carried themselve definitely leaves them atop the high ground.

Back to the posted material, what isn't mentioned is that it was actually people like Saif al-Islam who were responsible for some reforms in Libya rather than Gaddafi. I saw an interview with a Libyan/American on Charlie Rose whose father had been a victim of the Gaddafi regime and he said that it was not enough for Gaddafi to oppress the people, but he made sure they were humiliated on a daily basis also.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Read the first reply to the post Parky linked. Its a load of shite basically.

Just reading through that. On the issue of literacy, it is in the interest of any totalitarian regime to make the population literate so they are able to be fed propoganda in the form of books and so on. Saddam Hussein famously led a campaign to 'eradicate illiteracy' in Iraq, I'm not sure if that was before he became leader of the Ba'ath party or after. Similarly North Korea supposedly has a near 100% literacy rate (again that could well be wrong, and information from NK is very hard to verify). You only have to look at the example of religious texts to see how effectively an ideology can be spread via literature, and that's something all totalitarian regimes attempt. When you hear loony-lefto types extolling the virtues of the education programmes in the previously mentioned countries, and citing it as part of a case against the overthrow of such regimes, it rams home the fact that there are people just as thick as any Tea Party redneck on the other side of the political spectrum.

I see that KSA has this thread handled. I'll just add that Gaddafi was scum who deserved what he got. I have family in Libya - some of my cousins were born there - and they tell me all I need to know about him and his regime, and it wasn't any of the stuff that was listed in the first post.

My only regret is that he was not taken alive and tried at the ICC.

I see that KSA has this thread handled. I'll just add that Gaddafi was scum who deserved what he got. I have family in Libya - some of my cousins were born there - and they tell me all I need to know about him and his regime, and it wasn't any of the stuff that was listed in the first post.

He did a lot of cool things with the oil money.

But there may be another reason for the Libyan attacks that explain their timing. According to a Russia Today news story, for which I was interviewed (See – Real Cause for Gaddafi's Expulsion: Wanted Gold Currency?), Gaddafi was planning to introduce a gold dinar – "a single African currency made from gold, a true sharing of the wealth."

The idea, according to Gaddafi, was that African and Muslim nations would join together to create this new currency and would use it to purchase oil and other resources in exclusion of the dollar and other currencies. RT calls it "an idea that would shift the economic balance of the world."

Edited by Park Life

This is in the arseholes thread 3days ago btw

16 Things Libya Will Never See Again

Great Manmade River

There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.

There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.

Having a home considered a human right in Libya.

All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.

Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.

If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.

If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.

The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.

Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.

If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.

A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.

A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.

40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.

25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.

Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

http://www.disinfo.com/2011/10/16-things-libya-will-never-see-again/

He did a lot of cool things with the oil money.

But there may be another reason for the Libyan attacks that explain their timing. According to a Russia Today news story, for which I was interviewed (See – Real Cause for Gaddafi's Expulsion: Wanted Gold Currency?), Gaddafi was planning to introduce a gold dinar – "a single African currency made from gold, a true sharing of the wealth."

The idea, according to Gaddafi, was that African and Muslim nations would join together to create this new currency and would use it to purchase oil and other resources in exclusion of the dollar and other currencies. RT calls it "an idea that would shift the economic balance of the world."

Good to see you're maintaining the gold standard for talking unmitigated shite.

Aye of course he did cool things, was still a wanker mind. I don't think the point of Park Life here was to say that Gaddafi was brilliant, but that he did good things too. Most dictators do good things, they just get outweighed by the negatives.

Guest CabayeAye

Libya will probably never see a scorched earth policy aimed at civillians ever again. Or summary executions of people who don't support their leader. Or state sponsored terrorism, mass rape, huge theft of GDP, etc, etc...

But he was a great bloke, gave out 0% loans, so fair dos. As long as you managed not to get killed by his hired goons whilst you lived in near poverty because he had bled all of the oil money out of his nation.

Libya will probably never see a scorched earth policy aimed at civillians ever again. Or summary executions of people who don't support their leader. Or state sponsored terrorism, mass rape, huge theft of GDP, etc, etc...

But he was a great bloke, gave out 0% loans, so fair dos. As long as you managed not to get killed by his hired goons whilst you lived in near poverty because he had bled all of the oil money out of his nation.

Seriously man you should move town. :)