Liverpool after Colo

Dr Gloom

sorry if this has already been posted. couldn't see it anywhere. i'd be even more gutted than when we sold them carroll. i could see it happening too with this lot in charge.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is weighing up a move for Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini in a January transfer window move to boost his defence.

The Reds boss is keen for the club to push for Champions League football this season, but defensive frailties are hampering progress.

Dalglish sees Coloccini as the ideal fit in a back four currently being marshalled by 33-year-old stalwart Jamie Carragher.

Edited by Dr Gloom

We'll definitely sell given his wages wont we. I'd say we could get 10 mill-ish and the owners will be delighted. If it wasnt Liverpool they'd probably sell for a little more than half that.

Edited by nortoon

Guest CabayeAye

If Colo goes, we're fucked. He's worth about 20m to us. Get him on an increased contract for four more years, I don't give a fuck if it breaks our wage system, without him, we'll be relegation fodder.

All he does is sign the in form player at that moment. He has no other method.That's how we ended up with Andreas Andesson, Guivach and Dahl Tomasson. Its just luck that there's always some sugar daddy around to bankroll him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-dalglishs-disaster-deals-1174612.html

Anway, Pardew must know that Ashley will sell, so lets hope he already has Colo's replacement in mind.

Any club but Liverpool if he's not being given a new contract.

Always the way; stories circle about a player saying he's settled and wants a new contract and then the likelihood is they're off in jan.

The fact this story first broke in the mirror though is a little comforting mind.

I fully expect an offer to come in from Liverpool, and I fully expect Colo to be offered no more than 30-40k a week to stay. That will have only one outcome. Dont expect the proceeds to be used to buy a top quality centre back, but do expect Graham Carr to unearth a young talented french speaking african lad playing on the continent who we'll fail to sign having put a derisory offer in for at 9pm on the 31st of January 2012,this after having scouted him for the preceading 6 months. And then expect more mealy mouthed bullshit from those in charge at the club, including Pardew. Or we may sign Liam Ridgewell from Birmingham.....

I fully expect an offer to come in from Liverpool, and I fully expect Colo to be offered no more than 30-40k a week to stay. That will have only one outcome. Dont expect the proceeds to be used to buy a top quality centre back, but do expect Graham Carr to unearth a young talented french speaking african lad playing on the continent who we'll fail to sign having put a derisory offer in for at 9pm on the 31st of January 2012,this after having scouted him for the preceading 6 months. And then expect more mealy mouthed bullshit from those in charge at the club, including Pardew. Or we may sign Liam Ridgewell from Birmingham.....

That's it, think positive.