• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just get the feeling this is a massive blag and he copied his 'game philosophy statement' off the internets. Like when I used to go for posh jobs and get there early and walk around the office chatting to people and work out what they wanted to hear in the interview.

Agree with you Parkster. There's definitely a touch of the Big Sam bullshit about him.

http://www1.skysport...-referees-chief

Decisions go against us says Brendan Rodgers as Liverpool boss speaks to referees' chief

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has spoken to referees' chief Mike Riley about decisions going against his team.

The Reds boss feels his side, who are yet to win in the Premier League this season, have been on the end of a number of unfair decisions over the opening weeks of the campaign.

Sunday's 2-1 defeat to Manchester United at Anfield saw Jonjo Shelvey sent off, while a penalty was also given against Liverpool but they were denied their own when Luis Suarez went down in the area.

Rodgers was also unhappy with some of the decisions in Wednesday's 2-1 Capital One Cup win at West Brom and says he has contacted Riley to voice his frustration.

He told Sky Sports: "The opening period of this season, we haven't had any rub of the green whatsoever from officials.

"I rang Mike Riley this morning. I think he was actually expecting me to comment a bit earlier.

"We've had a few sendings-off, a few penalties given against us and absolutely nothing that we've been given at all."

"I just said to Mike, we have to be careful that we don't discourage people and players who are trying to respect the game. We want to win the game but we want to win it by fair means."

The manager added: "The players have been outstanding in their work. But us being a sporting team and going by the letters of the law and the rules, it just seems to pass us by in terms of decisions.

"We've had a few sendings-off, a few penalties given against us and absolutely nothing that we've been given at all."

"So I hope that changes. Injuries and what-not, you can't control those sorts of things, but certainly decisions you'd hope we get better decisions in the next coming weeks.

"That's the thing I'll certainly be looking for over the next number of weeks, is a wee bit of good fortune in terms of some of the decisions that we've got."

Rodgers was left particularly aggrieved by incidents involving Jordan Henderson and young defender Andre Wisdom at The Hawthorns on Wednesday night.

"It's just become quite obvious, especially after last night's game," he added.

"Jordan Henderson had a horrendous challenge in the game last night and the player wasn't even booked.

"One of my young players, Andre Wisdom made a really good tackle, and won the ball and got booked for it. There's been a number of incidents."

Looks like he's well and truly bought into the Liverpool way.

It gets worse

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/27/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-luis-suarez

Brendan Rodgers warns that Liverpool may start diving to get decisions

Brendan Rodgers has issued a veiled warning that Liverpool players could resort to unsporting means to win decisions having been denied "the rub of the green" from referees this season.

The Liverpool manager believes Luis Suárez has been refused legitimate penalties in the past two Premier League games, against Sunderland and Manchester United, and claims major decisions have gone against his team since the opening day of the season at West Bromwich Albion.

Rodgers phoned Mike Riley, head of Professional Game Match Officials, to express his grievances on Thursday and afterwards made the stark admission that, in the absence of legitimate fouls, players will be tempted to exaggerate contact to sway referees in future.

"I'm concerned that we've not had any sort of rub of the green from officials," Rodgers said. "We like to think we are a sporting team, I have always told my players to do the right thing, not to dive, to play fair. But the fairness we show, it seems the decisions pass us by because of it. There are so many decisions that have gone against us.

"I spoke to Mike Riley and he admitted he expected me to call earlier. I didn't ring after the Manchester United game, I wanted to speak to the assessor first on that one, and he hasn't contacted us yet. But after the West Brom game, I had to call. Jordan Henderson got a horrendous tackle and the player wasn't even booked, while Andre Wisdom won the ball with a fair challenge and was booked. Things aren't going for us at all.

"It would be a shame if players who respect the rules and managers who are asking players to stay on their feet and not dive are not getting the decisions because of it. I think it is important that referees understand that. It has been a criticism of the last few years of players going down too easy. It is not something we want to encourage but if you're not going to get decisions because of it players may do that."

Steven Gerrard and Glen Johnson admitted Suárez's reputation for theatrics preceded him after an appeal for a penalty against United, following a tackle by Jonny Evans, was denied by the referee Mark Halsey on Sunday.

Rodgers added: "Suárez has had a couple of good penalty appeals, he hasn't dived, they have been legitimate, and he's actually got booked. He went down at Sunderland and it looked a clear penalty and he ended up getting booked for it. Last weekend in the Manchester United game there was more contact in his case than there was in Antonio Valencia's and Valencia gets a penalty and we get nothing other than a hard-luck story.

"I'm not sure [suárez's reputation is influencing officials] – you'd need to ask the referees – but he is a wonderful talent and irrespective of whether he goes down, if it's a penalty, it's a penalty. What I have seen, he certainly doesn't ever look like he is going to get a decision and that is something which would bother me going forward."

Christ, he was a cunt at Swansea, but he was much easier to ignore there. I'd put him on a disrepute charge for this and tell him to wind his fucking neck in.

He's predictably loving the exposure he now gets as manager of a bigger club

I'll start by saying that I'm delighted that justice was done eventually and Liverpool supporters were exonerated from any wrong doing at Hillsborough. I've said before and I'll say it again, SYP are a disgrace and if we'd have been there the disaster would've unfolded a lot worse than it did with them in my view because we'd have thousands of ticketless fans which they evidently didn't, so I like any decent person is delighted that the truth has finally been accepted.

However, there are a hundred reasons to dislike Liverpool. It's a negative to hate, and maybe hate is too strong a word, but they lack all of the facets that surround the word decency, as a club, as a support and as an entity, while claiming they harbour all of the positive things that in their view make them a shining example as a football club.

There's not much you can say about scousers that hasn't already been said. It's very difficult to write about them without saying anything negative. They are people, just like you and I, they piss and shite the same, and as with any place on earth there are good and bad people. It is possible to meet a scouser who is well brought up, a decent person and it is possible to meet a scouser who is funny and humble. However, in my view they are in desperately short supply.

Perhaps it has a lot to do with their environment, this is only my view but I firmly believe, generally speaking Liverpool is the biggest shithole I've ever seen my life. It doesn't matter what way you visit this city, from the motorway or by rail, there'll be times when you think you're in a cold Kabul. It's a city that was once the second most important in Britain. The biggest port in the world, the Manchester shipping canal put paid to that though, and it's population has halved from 950,000 in 1941 to about 450,000 today. You've been left with huge areas of desolation, and obviously the people are a product of that. You've been left with an older population and the previous generation bitter at seeing a once proud city a pale shadow of it's former self.

From the 40's on there has always been a victim like state about scousers, and it's not just Liverpool fans, the people in general. Anyone would think they were the only people who suffered in Margaret Thatcher's decimation of Northern England. A lot of people put the blame on why scousers are the way they are, in the fact that they live in a bubble. They don't really see anything outside of Merseyside. It would certainly explain the self esteem Everton fans seem to have, you wouldn't even know they exist outside of Merseyside, they are a community club, as opposed to a club that represents a region like Newcastle United. This partizan insular attitude which has no equal in this country, makes scousers the way they are that's my view.

The Liverpool fans are widely recognised as the worst in world football, a few pictures below show you things you just don't see with any other club:

w7k906.jpg

post1171294619702thumb.jpg

scousebastards54ze.jpg

_768142_running300.jpg

_58448876_mmsuarezhandshake.jpg

139944950.jpg?c=IWSAsset&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C658844816B4CD80065EBF20A8021A5E3160B63E03A856EA3F6C7&k=2&v=1

139944944.jpg?c=IWSAsset&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C65888C6813ED70CA6C62F20A8021A5E3160B968EA118C8C399BC&k=2&v=1

Liverpool-fan-monkey-gesture.jpg

You could go on showing pictures of their fans all day, the worst one was obviously Heysel but I think the sickest one of the lot was steaming the gates in Athens, and what makes people hate them is they always proclaim themselves as innocent. If you say anything negative about them you're a bigoted jealous twat. They're unique, what they probably know is they're generally hated around the country because they're biggest cunts these islands have known since the Vikings in the 7th century, but they'll never admit it.

Edited by McFaul

Guest CabayeAye

A team that features Suarez and Gerrard is going to start diving eh? :lol:

I was just going to put that too! The murderers have been some of the worst divers in world football for years.

I'll start by saying that I'm delighted that justice was done eventually and Liverpool supporters were exonerated from any wrong doing at Hillsborough. I've said before and I'll say it again, SYP are a disgrace and if we'd have been there the disaster would've unfolded a lot worse than it did with them in my view because we'd have thousands of ticketless fans which they evidently didn't, so I like any decent person is delighted that the truth has finally been accepted.

However, there are a hundred reasons to dislike Liverpool. It's a negative to hate, and maybe hate is too strong a word, but they lack all of the facets that surround the word decency, as a club, as a support and as an entity, while claiming they harbour all of the positive things that in their view make them a shining example as a football club.

There's not much you can say about scousers that hasn't already been said. It's very difficult to write about them without saying anything negative. They are people, just like you and I, they piss and shite the same, and as with any place on earth there are good and bad people. It is possible to meet a scouser who is well brought up, a decent person and it is possible to meet a scouser who is funny and humble. However, in my view they are in desperately short supply.

Perhaps it has a lot to do with their environment, this is only my view but I firmly believe, generally speaking Liverpool is the biggest shithole I've ever seen my life. It doesn't matter what way you visit this city, from the motorway or by rail, there'll be times when you think you're in a cold Kabul. It's a city that was once the second most important in Britain. The biggest port in the world, the Manchester shipping canal put paid to that though, and it's population has halved from 950,000 in 1941 to about 450,000 today. You've been left with huge areas of desolation, and obviously the people are a product of that. You've been left with an older population and the previous generation bitter at seeing a once proud city a pale shadow of it's former self.

From the 40's on there has always been a victim like state about scousers, and it's not just Liverpool fans, the people in general. Anyone would think they were the only people who suffered in Margaret Thatcher's decimation of Northern England. A lot of people put the blame on why scousers are the way they are, in the fact that they live in a bubble. They don't really see anything outside of Merseyside. It would certainly explain the self esteem Everton fans seem to have, you wouldn't even know they exist outside of Merseyside, they are a community club, as opposed to a club that represents a region like Newcastle United. This partizan insular attitude which has no equal in this country, makes scousers the way they are that's my view.

The Liverpool fans are widely recognised as the worst in world football, a few pictures below show you things you just don't see with any other club:

w7k906.jpg

post1171294619702thumb.jpg

scousebastards54ze.jpg

_768142_running300.jpg

_58448876_mmsuarezhandshake.jpg

139944950.jpg?c=IWSAsset&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C658844816B4CD80065EBF20A8021A5E3160B63E03A856EA3F6C7&k=2&v=1

139944944.jpg?c=IWSAsset&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C65888C6813ED70CA6C62F20A8021A5E3160B968EA118C8C399BC&k=2&v=1

Liverpool-fan-monkey-gesture.jpg

You could go on showing pictures of their fans all day, the worst one was obviously Heysel but I think the sickest one of the lot was steaming the gates in Athens, and what makes people hate them is they always proclaim themselves as innocent. If you say anything negative about them you're a bigoted jealous twat. They're unique, what they probably know is they're generally hated around the country because they're biggest cunts these islands have known since the Vikings in the 7th century, but they'll never admit it.

8th century

Scousers don't class themselves as English. Which I guess is a bonus.

Number 1 reason to hate them though is the acccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsent. It's hard to say what's worse, listening to Jame Carragher or Andy Murray for more than 5 seconds at a time.

I'd say it's an easy one.

I'm watching the documentary now.

Rodgers laying the law down to the youth players ahead of a game against Toronto, Sterling has said 'steady' and Brendan isn't happy.

"You said steady."

"What, me?"

"Raheem, I know what you said, you know what you said"

*Finishes team talk and players jog away*

"STERLING. You said 'steady'"

This is brilliant. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...