It's unlikely that it would be worth our while expanding the stadium for an extra 8-10,000 standard seats. It'll only be done if there's significant extra demand for corporate facilities that can't be placed within the existing stadium.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, 10K seats and 600 per year for example is only £6M revenue, plus food/drink I guess. I have no idea what the cost to redevelop would be but I reckon the payback would be a canny while and thats on the assumption of filling them each year.

That's what I think too. If they go to 60,000 I think they'd still probably average about 50-55,000 though, and I do think at some point we should explore the possibility of going from 53 to 60,000+ if we can, maybe making the Gallowgate like the Leazes all the way around.

I wonder what this means for Everton's hopes of a new ground, not that they need one in my view certainly capacity wise, but they look destined to stay at Goodison forever.

Why would it mean anything to Everton? There's never been any real talk between the clubs about groundshare, it's been mostly from outsiders. Liverpool have never wanted groundshare, why would they? 90% of fans here won't hear of it, it always has been a none starter.

This is a two club city and for many of the early years Everton were the top dog, with the bigger ground and a millionaire owner (rare in those days) I think we're 2nd (maybe lower now) on the all time average attendances last time I saw one of those tables.

Regardless of the attendance figures most games at Anfield are sold out, a season ticket rarely becomes available, and a very healthy season ticket waiting list suggests they are right to build up to 60, 000.

average for liverpool is 44.6k ...anfield only holds 45k thats a smaller difference between our average and capacity, as much as we all hate them, i don't think lack of supporters is one of their problems

Under Houllier they were down to 33,000 at one point, then they won the CL and their glory hunter element ensured sell outs again, but you saw a few mid 30's gates under Woy too. Two more seasons of mid table mediocrity and you'll see the same again, I guarantee. All you can judge it off Ant is people in Norn Iron who support Liverpool, their base support has never been remotely near to Man Utd's.

They haven't had an average attendance of below 42k in the last 11 years, (in fact from 97 onwards it's 40k+), to say they won't fill a larger capacity is silly, they might've had some low attendances under houlier (every club does) but they still averaged nearly full capacity.

I've been outside of Northern Ireland you know ;), and it's safe to say everywhere i've been i've met some fecker who supports the mancs or liverpool

i don't like them, but they're fairly well supported imo

i'd love nothing more than them to be shite, get a new stadium and never fill half of it :D

They won't though. They will for their bigger games, Man Utd, Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal etc... against Wigan and Stoke, they rarely do now.

i can't see liverpool struggling to fill 60k seats. they might average two or three thousand under capacity but then so do most clubs. whatever you think of liverpool, they're a big club with a big fan base.

That'd be mint but i can't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately (for a multitude of reasons). Was it fact or just a commonly held myth that we can't get planning permission to extend the East stand because of the houses behind it? Might be a load of shite but I've heard that fairly consistently.

Can't extend it in the same fashion we have on the other side of the ground - doesn't prevent us from considering a two-tiered effort there though at some point. Manchester United have a similar problem with their ground.

They won't though. They will for their bigger games, Man Utd, Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal etc... against Wigan and Stoke, they rarely do now.

F*cking hell Stevie, you couldn't pick a worse example. Last home game against Stoke attendance was 44,531!!

You can say a lot about the Scousers, but accusing them of failing to fill their ground is not one of them. Even a 60K ground they'd fill with no trouble at all. Everyone said the same about Arsenal when they moved to the Emirates - they sell out every game and they've never won a thing since they've been there!

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool will have no trouble filling a 60K stadium every other week, not just for the big games.

As much as I don't like them, Liverpool are the 2nd best supported team in the UK, behind Man utd.

Of course they'll fill it. Virtually on a par with Man U when it comes to sad bastards getting their kicks from another towns glory. I'd love to see how many of them filling it will sound like Derek Hatton though.

I'm not convinced that they would fill it for all games. If anyone had their attendance as a percentage of capacity for the last few years it'd be useful.

Edit: Found them.

12/13 - 98.6%

11/12 - 97.6%

10/11 - 94.4%

09/10 - 94.5%

08/09 - 95.8%

Edited by ewerk

New Season Ticket Waiting List Registrations are now closed.

Supporters that paid £5 to remain on the waiting list in the past year can now check their position on the waiting list by clicking here

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/redirects/season-ticket-waiting-list-closed

I'm sure they wouldn't make the investment without a good idea of the potential numbers they could have.

I'm not convinced that they would fill it for all games. If anyone had their attendance as a percentage of capacity for the last few years it'd be useful.

Edit: Found them.

12/13 - 98.6%

11/12 - 97.6%

10/11 - 94.4%

09/10 - 94.5%

08/09 - 95.8%

Prior to the Champions League win in 2005, they were getting 33 and 34000 for a number of games in the league, we were getting 15,000 more in the Championship! Interesting to see even people like Craig incorrectly buying in to this myth about Liverpool's support.

Prior to the Champions League win in 2005, they were getting 33 and 34000 for a number of games in the league, we were getting 15,000 more in the Championship! Interesting to see even people like Craig incorrectly buying in to this myth about Liverpool's support.

Craig's muggle born.

Leeds United have beat the same amount of Premiership teams this season as the Mickey Mousres.

Hope thats the same after this weekend

I hope it's the same at the end of the season !

Right, you cunts, Questions for the scousers.

Start nice and gentle

• What do think of BR's use of the younger players, Sterling in particular is seeing a lot of the pitch. Is he the real deal or, like so many young pacy players, is he a "Match of the Day Player" (One that looks good in highlights but hasn't the all-round game to back it up,)?
  • As LFC have stated their intention is to remain and redevelop Anfield for the forseeable future, are you disappointed or relieved?
  • Lads, what happened to Enrique? He was a brilliant leftback, but now looks a shadow of his former self? Ditto Reina
  • Looks like the tide of public opinion is turning on Brendan Rodgers; is he the man for Liverpool or will he be gone by January as the rumours suggest?
  • Papers have Suarez on the back pages a lot, however it's more-often the bad side of his character that draws attention. Not getting into the racism debate again, but what of his other antics? The diving and the fouling; is it just part of his game that you have to accept in order to get the brilliance? (I'm aware there are other dirty players and other diving players, I'm specifically asking how Liverpool fans feel about the negative side of Suarez' game)
  • Um, "Being: Liverpool". Did you watch it and what did you think of it? And who do you think have their names in the "Brenvelopes"?
  • Speaking of dubious decisions what have been your reactions to Ashley's handling of the Newcastle "brand", renaming St James', sacking Hughton,
  • How do you think your season has started? and how do you see Liverpool's season panning out?
  • Europa League seems to have gone well for all the English clubs; Do any of us have a realistic shout of winning it, or will it most likely go to one of the drop-outs from the Champions League.?
  • Realistically, how do you see Newcastle's domestic season panning out?
  • Some people really seem to hate Pardew, what are your thoughts on him?
  • Are there any Newcastle players you're specifically worried about for Sunday?
  • What do you think the score will be?

With racism blighting the game these last 2 seasons, do you think Dalglish is in some way responsible considering his choice to put Suarez ahead of making a positive influence from a privileged international position?

Right, you cunts, Questions for the scousers.

Start nice and gentle

Do you think Liverpool are over represented in the sports media, that's coverage as well as a seemingly huge squad of ex-players on TV/radio?

Ask them about best/worst games v NUFC and general thoughts/memories of our club/city.

Does the out of town support grate on them? (especially Miles/Tarquinn/Denzil from London etc phoning up the likes of Collymore every time you have a shit result?)

Edited by Howmanheyman

With racism blighting the game these last 2 seasons, do you think Dalglish is in some way responsible considering his choice to put Suarez ahead of making a positive influence from a privileged international position?

It's a good question, but I don't think we'll get answers to it. They'll just close ranks or just toe the party line.

The averages hardly changed at all pre '05 or after. Are you now equating single match attendances for Liverpool, with season averages for Newcastle? Mind, that would be typical you, you're very good at manipulating facts to suit your purpose, when you can't do that you just make things up.

As HF has pointed out we've a very healthy waiting list already, with thousands more waiting to go on it.

Edited by Pacinofan

The averages hardly changed at all pre '05 or after. Are you now equating single match attendances for Liverpool, with season averages for Newcastle? Mind, that would be typical you, you're very good at manipulating facts to suit your purpose, when you can't do that you just make things up.

As HF has pointed out we've a very healthy waiting list already, with thousands more waiting to go on it.

Yeah but your waiting list is full of racists who want to boo Patrice Evra for being black.