A mate just texted me saying Liverpool are on the verge of qualifying for Europe next season courtesy Fair Play. Unbelievable!

However, it might not be a bad thing as they could be hit by the European hangover in the league.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate them both, I hate Liverpool more though because they're a national club that in your face all of the time. You hardly notice Everton but a more deluded support than them is difficult to find, with their mediocre fanbase, and poor income. Biggest overachievers in European football Everton for me.

The Everton lad at work came over after the derby and commiserated with me that "sometimes Everton lose" their derby too, just have to suck it up.

:lol:

Fuck off! If you're gonna make the comparison you're Sunderland, we're Liverpool. The feeling of winning/losing for the dominant force is totally different to that for the inferior neighbour.

Interesting that Suarez has accepted the 10 match ban and reiterated his apology whilst Rodgers is spouting claptrap about the punishment.

Sign that he's off in the summer perhaps. Big player for them to replace - he's scored for fun this season and regardless of the match bans it'll be hard to replace a player of that calibre.

Hopefully they'll stick with Sturridge and then sign another two Borinis.

I find it amusing how when you read the comments at the bottom of any of the Sky reports on this that there's oodles of Liverpool fans that seem more bothered with bringing Man Utd in to it somehow - they're not bitter, or in anyway obsessed... honest.

I find it amusing how when you read the comments at the bottom of any of the Sky reports on this that there's oodles of Liverpool fans that seem more bothered with bringing Man Utd in to it somehow - they're not bitter, or in anyway obsessed... honest.

Yeah those comments are cringeworthy, yet worrying, considering their volume, and the amount of 'likes' they get.

http://www.guardian....pool-david-conn

Policy of buying up houses around the stadium and leaving them empty has driven the local area into dreadful decline. In the blighted streets around Liverpool's Anfield stadium, residents are packing up and leaving their family homes, so the football club can have them demolished and expand their Main Stand.
Edited by trophyshy

Fuck me.

LFC, the community club eh?

The fans will probably give up their homes for free now that the anti-scousedia has picked up on this.

Tbh, its been common knowlegde for ages that the club & council had been in cahoots on this. all it needs is one little journo though..

I asked pacinofan about it on here ages ago and he readily agreed its a disgrace.

They should just be open about it and pay premium prices. After all I'd imagine the houses would cost no more than a couple of weeks worth of their top earners wages.

If only Newcastle had been able to buy up the listed buildings behind the East stand. I'd have said "fuck the community!"

Listed Schmisted

They should just be open about it and pay premium prices. After all I'd imagine the houses would cost no more than a couple of weeks worth of their top earners wages.

victorian two up two downs a la Coronation Street....most people would be pleased to get out. I think its the way the club and the council have conspired over the years that really pisses people off though. Theres an area called Kensington on the main road in to the city centre thats exactly the same...the policy has spread miles away from the Anfield area.