• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, you cunts, Questions for the scousers.

What do think of BR's use of the younger players, Sterling in particular is seeing a lot of the pitch. Is he the real deal or, like so many young pacy players, is he a "Match of the Day Player" (One that looks good in highlights but hasn't the all-round game to back it up,)?

As LFC have stated their intention is to remain and redevelop Anfield for the forseeable future, are you disappointed or relieved?

Lads, what happened to Enrique? He was a brilliant leftback, but now looks a shadow of his former self? Ditto Reina

Looks like the tide of public opinion is turning on Brendan Rodgers; is he the man for Liverpool or will he be gone by January as the rumours suggest?

Papers have Suarez on the back pages a lot, however it's more-often the bad side of his character that draws attention. Not getting into the racism debate again, but what of his other antics? The diving and the fouling; is it just part of his game that you have to accept in order to get the brilliance? (I'm aware there are other dirty players and other diving players, I'm specifically asking how Liverpool fans feel about the negative side of Suarez' game)

Um, "Being: Liverpool". Did you watch it and what did you think of it? And who do you think have their names in the "Brenvelopes"?

Speaking of dubious decisions what have been your reactions to Ashley's handling of the Newcastle "brand", renaming St James', sacking Hughton,

How do you think your season has started? and how do you see Liverpool's season panning out?

Europa League seems to have gone well for all the English clubs; Do any of us have a realistic shout of winning it, or will it most likely go to one of the drop-outs from the Champions League.?

Realistically, how do you see Newcastle's domestic season panning out?

Some people really seem to hate Pardew, what are your thoughts on him?

Are there any Newcastle players you're specifically worried about for Sunday?

What do you think the score will be?

Start nice and gentle

:spit:

Fucking sterling work there Fish!

Absolutely CAPITAL ;)

I'd like to know who they thought shouldve replaced Dalglish?...and would they agree that, in view of Fenway Sports employment of Billy Beane at Boston Red Sox and the whole "Monyball" thing that brings with it, the perfect appointment for them would have been our own Alan Pardew, as thats the very system he's been working under at NUFC.

• Who do you think should've replaced Dalglish?...and would you agree that, in view of Fenway Sports employment of Billy Beane at Boston Red Sox and the whole "Moneyball" thing that brings with it, the perfect appointment for them would have been our own Alan Pardew, as that's the very system he's been working under at NUFC.
  • As LFC have stated their intention is to remain and redevelop Anfield for the forseeable future, are you disappointed or relieved?
  • Lads, what happened to Enrique? He was a brilliant leftback, but now looks a shadow of his former self? Ditto Reina
  • Looks like the tide of public opinion is turning on Brendan Rodgers; is he the man for Liverpool or will he be gone by January as the rumours suggest?
  • Papers have Suarez on the back pages a lot, however it's more-often the bad side of his character that draws attention. Not getting into the racism debate again, but what of his other antics? The diving and the fouling; is it just part of his game that you have to accept in order to get the brilliance? (I'm aware there are other dirty players and other diving players, I'm specifically asking how Liverpool fans feel about the negative side of Suarez' game)
  • Um, "Being: Liverpool". Did you watch it and what did you think of it? And who do you think have their names in the "Brenvelopes"?
  • Speaking of dubious decisions what have been your reactions to Ashley's handling of the Newcastle "brand", renaming St James', sacking Hughton,
  • How do you think your season has started? and how do you see Liverpool's season panning out?
  • Europa League seems to have gone well for all the English clubs; Do any of us have a realistic shout of winning it, or will it most likely go to one of the drop-outs from the Champions League.?
  • Realistically, how do you see Newcastle's domestic season panning out?
  • Some people really seem to hate Pardew, what are your thoughts on him?
  • There's a lot of the ex-Liverpool lot in the media, on highlight shows, radio shows and as commentators. Do you think you're over-represented? And do their affections for their old club stop them from being balanced?
  • What do you think the score will be?
  • Are there any Newcastle players you're specifically worried about for Sunday?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Soon as the responses are compiled I'll pop back on and give you a link to the Toontastic.net page.

Any more questions? I swap 'em out rather than adding more. I think there's already border-line too many of them.

Edited by The Fish

I'd like to know who they thought shouldve replaced Dalglish?...and would they agree that, in view of Fenway Sports employment of Billy Beane at Boston Red Sox and the whole "Monyball" thing that brings with it, the perfect appointment for them would have been our own Alan Pardew, as thats the very system he's been working under at NUFC.

I'd have had Benitez back, though I wouldn't have sacked him in the first place.

I don't think even FSG have any faith in the full Billy Beane moneyball thing as far as football goes, I do think they will always use elements of it.

Not to be offensive, I can't stand Pardew and have never rated him as a manager, open minded about Rodgers, and failing getting Benitez back I'd have liked AVB or Martinez.

How about: "After decades of success and being considered one of the top sides in Europe, how does it feel to be mid-table also-rans playing second fiddle to your local rivals?"

Edited by SingaporeToon

I'd have had Benitez back, though I wouldn't have sacked him in the first place.

I don't think even FSG have any faith in the full Billy Beane moneyball thing as far as football goes, I do think they will always use elements of it.

Not to be offensive, I can't stand Pardew and have never rated him as a manager, open minded about Rodgers, and failing getting Benitez back I'd have liked AVB or Martinez.

Fair enough, but if Fenway wanted a manager with a track record of getting teams out of the second divison, which is all Rodgers had done tbf, they couldve appointed Neil Warnock. If Rodgers is struggling, its because he's not experianced enough to know how to handle the job. if you ask me, youve got another bunch of yanks pulling your collective pissers.

Edited by PaddockLad

Fair enough, but if Fenway wanted a manager with a track record of getting teams out of the second divison, which is all Rodgers had done tbf, they couldve appointed Neil Warnock. If Rodgers is struggling, its because he's not experianced enough to know how to handle the job. if you ask me, youve got another bunch of yanks pulling your collective pissers.

I find them totally different PL, the other two were all about taking money out of the club. FSG are not willing to put a lot of money in, but they have said many times they will put profits and savings back in to the kitty, which is what they've done up to now.

I would say Rodgers is struggling with results but the football, for most games this season, is excellent. Not just the passing in their own half I'm talking about the team getting forward a lot and I can see what he's trying to do. I believe it will come good as each week we've seen them gelling better as a team who know what's expected of them.

He's been forced into bringing the youth through, which I think would have happened anyway just not so many at once. The fans have been talking about Suso and Sterling, along with a few others, for a couple of seasons now. Benitez overhauled the Academy and it's now bearing the fruit that he mostly planted, a few more to come as well. Really pleased that Rodgers is playing them.

Edited by Pacinofan

I find them totally different PL, the other two were all about taking money out of the club. FSG are not willing to put a lot of money in, but they have said many times they will put profits and savings back in to the kitty, which is what they've done up to now.

I would say Rodgers is struggling with results but the football, for most games this season, is excellent. Not just the passing in their own half I'm talking about the team getting forward a lot and I can see what he's trying to do. I believe it will come good as each week we've seen them gelling better as a team who know what's expected of them.

He's been forced into bringing the youth through, which I think would have happened anyway just not so many at once. The fans have been talking about Suso and Sterling, along with a few others, for a couple of seasons now. Benitez overhauled the Academy and it's now bearing the fruit that he mostly planted, a few more to come as well. Really pleased that Rodgers is playing them.

Isn't that what most Liverpool fans seemed to say about Kenny last year? Didn't say it about Roy but from the outside there looks to be not a great deal of difference from Roy Hodgson, Kenny through to Rodgers.

Isn't that what most Liverpool fans seemed to say about Kenny last year? Didn't say it about Roy but from the outside there looks to be not a great deal of difference from Roy Hodgson, Kenny through to Rodgers.

There was a big difference between the three. Hodgson played dire football, manys the time Torres was the only one in the opposition half. He bought old players who weren't any good to begin with, he brought in a 71 year old GK coach, and his pressers were all about himself and how good he was.

Dalglish paid over the top for some players but he got us to two finals, won a trophy, and had us playing far better football than Hodgson. Imo, he should have been given another season.

Rodgers is different to both the other two.

Stan Collywobble: "Oid luv to hear from all yow Liverpool fans out there. What is gowing wrong at Liverpool Football Club? Give Collywobble a call. And we have Guy from Middlesex on the phone, talk to me, Guy"

Sadsack: "Yeah, Stan, but no, stan, but fahkin stone the crows, we need Rafa back, big Liverpool fan, great show Stan, legend etc, Rodgers out of his depth, Woy too, wibble, mutter, Kenny playing great football, whoop, ning-nong, beeeeeep"

Stan Collywobble: "Anuther grite insight from all yow Liverpool fans out there, if any Red from Merseyside wishes to call, wied love to hear your point of view as well."

Stan Collywobble: "Oid luv to hear from all yow Liverpool fans out there. What is gowing wrong at Liverpool Football Club? Give Collywobble a call. And we have Guy from Middlesex on the phone, talk to me, Guy"

Sadsack: "Yeah, Stan, but no, stan, but fahkin stone the crows, we need Rafa back, big Liverpool fan, great show Stan, legend etc, Rodgers out of his depth, Woy too, wibble, mutter, Kenny playing great football, whoop, ning-nong, beeeeeep"

Stan Collywobble: "Anuther grite insight from all yow Liverpool fans out there, if any Red from Merseyside wishes to call, wied love to hear your point of view as well."

:lol:

If we're taking you as your average Lfc fan though, it looks like you're willing to give managers a lot more time than Fenway are. So if they sack Rodgers at christmas, its another poor appointment by them, because whichever way you dress it up so was Dalglish iyam. If he was sacked for poor results, then what they were doing appointing a manager as inexperianced as Rodgers is beyond me. And getting knocked out of the cup you won last season at home by his former side looks an appalling result, regardless of the circumstances i.e. the team Rodgers put out etc. Theyre having you lot over mate.

Unfortunately I'm not referring to his time on the pitch. Saw him score a hat-trick at SJP by the way, was outstanding that day.

from fuckin right back :lol:

I think a lot of that side were/are underrated though...Ray Houghton was a fuckin great player iyam.

I think a lot of that side were/are underrated though...Ray Houghton was a fuckin great player iyam.

My dad reckons that era is the best Liverpool team that he's ever seen. He said he's never saw an attacking trio click together as good as Barnes, Aldridge and Beardsley did.

My dad reckons that era is the best Liverpool team that he's ever seen. He said he's never saw an attacking trio click together as good as Barnes, Aldridge and Beardsley did.

They were all brilliant mate, not a duff player in the squad iirc. Steve McMahon was a horrible,dirty bastard but was also a very good footballer. Gary Gillespie was class, theres loads of them that rarely get mentioned who were top players. Theres a game v a good Forest side around 88, migh have been in the cup, Lfc won 5-1 or something and Beardsley's just fuckin toying with them. He played one of the best scoring passes I've evre seen in that game. Fair chance of it all being on youtube..

Edited by PaddockLad

They murdered us that day. And it was live on MOTD too for our one annual appearance of the season.

They were the best Liverpool team that I saw. Aldridge was lethal in the box, even when he was seeing his time out with Tranmere he still couldn't stop scoring against us! :lol:

They were all brilliant mate, not a duff player in the squad iirc. Steve McMahon was a horrible,dirty bastard but was also a very good footballer. Gary Gillespie was class, theres loads of them that rarely get mentioned who were top players. Theres a game v a good Forest side around 88, migh have been in the cup, Lfc won 5-1 or something and Beardsley's just fuckin toying with them. He played one of the best scoring passes I've evre seen in that game. Fair chance of it all being on youtube..

Was that when Clough gave Pedro a kiss on the cheek? :D