Jimmy Savile

The Mighty Hog

featured-colin-gregg-40267635.jpg

THE son of the founder of North East baker Greggs has been arrested on suspicion of an historic sex offence, according to reports.

Colin Gregg, 71, who is also the former headmaster of King's School in Tynemouth, was taken in for questioning after police raided his Gosforth farmhouse on Saturday.

Police seized two mobile phones and a laptop from the married father-of-three's home.

The allegations are said to surround the abuse of a child in the 1960s.

A police spokesman said: "A 71-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and has been released on police bail."

Mr Gregg, son of Greggs founder Jack, spent 30 years as non-executive director of the bakery business before he retired in 2009.

He also set up the Greggs North East Children's Cancer Run, which takes place at Newcastle Racecourse each year, and has spent time working as a social worker.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2013/01/07/colin-gregg-arrested-on-suspicion-of-historic-sex-offence-72703-32558379/#ixzz2HJ5EFNB6

The Met police report into the Savile allegations was released this morning and it makes horrific reading. It appears that everything Savile did throughout his life and career: Jim'll Fix It, Top of the Pops, charity work, hospital visiting etc was with the sole purpose of getting access to children. It's also revealed that one of the places he carried out abuse was in a children's hospice. He abused a dying child. Truly, truly sickening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20981611

• 2 weeks later...

Mark White ‏@skymarkwhite

BREAK Lancashire Police charge TV presenter Stuart Hall with raping 22-year-old woman in 1976 & 14 offences of indecent assault on 10 girls

:(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't believe Rolf Harris is guilty, the whole enquiry has the potential to be very damaging just on accusations without evidence - any crackpot could cry wolf over this and ruin perfectly good reputations. It's sad really that any names are exposed prior to concrete convictions tbh.

I don't believe Rolf Harris is guilty, the whole enquiry has the potential to be very damaging just on accusations without evidence - any crackpot could cry wolf over this and ruin perfectly good reputations. It's sad really that any names are exposed prior to concrete convictions tbh.

He was originally arrested in November and the media sat on it, clearly there's now something more concrete for them to base their accusations on.

Why are you so convinced of his innocence?

Edited by ewerk

He was originally arrested in November and the media sat on it, clearly there's now something more concrete for them to base their accusations on.

Why are you so convinced of his innocence?

As KCG said, because he's not been proven guilty. It's really easy to destroy someone's reputation through assumptions and rumour. I would say why do you presume there's guilt?

On top of that I wouldn't be surprised on a lot of the 'accusations' are coming from whackos seeking attention/crying wolf, or even people judging past actions via today's pc nonsense - the fact a person can't pick up and comfort a child that's fallen down without it being seen as 'iffy'... it's a sad state of affairs really.

Edited by TheMoog

As KCG said, because he's not been proven guilty. It's really easy to destroy someone's reputation through assumptions and rumour.

On top of that I wouldn't be surprised on a lot of the 'accusations' are coming from whackos seeking attention/crying wolf, or even people judging past actions via today's pc nonsense - the fact a person can't pick up and comfort a child that's fallen down without it being seen as 'iffy'... it's a sad state of affairs really.

There's no assumptions or rumour in play here, the media have reported that he has been arrested and cautioned, that is all.

And you're last line is just the usual Daily Mail bollocks.

Just on Rolf Harris, my brother in law used to be 'in the business' as they say and he worked with Rolf on Animal Hospital. All hands apparently. Not on kids mind you, but he was far too touchy feely with the young lady crew members...

Can I just say..well..

There's no assumptions or rumour in play here, the media have reported that he has been arrested and cautioned, that is all.

And you're last line is just the usual Daily Mail bollocks.

Whatever, you're living in dreamland if you think it doesn't happen.