Jimmy Savile

The Mighty Hog

Prosecution QC Sasha Wass (SW) today put it to Rolf Harris (RH) compliments he made to a girl about her bikini was actually a comment on her body, and suggested he was admiring her sexually.

Here is the exchange in full:

SW: 'Do you accept that when a man tells a woman or a girl that they look lovely in a bikini, they are not actually admiring the clothing, but they are admiring the person's body?'

RH: 'Possibly.'

SW: 'What you were saying to (the alleged victim) is "You have got a great body".'

RH: 'I suppose so.'

SW: 'When she was 13?'

RH: 'Yes.'

SW: 'And you made it plain to (the alleged victim) on that holiday that you did admire her, admire her body?'

RH: 'On one occasion, possibly.'

SW: 'And you admired her sexually, that's what that is.'

RH: 'It did not compute to that in my mind ... in hindsight, I suppose it is.'

SW: 'It seems from where we are going from your answers to the questions that you admired (the alleged victim's) body sexually during that holiday.'

RH: 'It's possible, yes.

When you're up in court for kiddy fiddling it's generally not a good idea to say that you were sexually attracted to the victim when she was 13.

I was watching Vikings S1E02 and Ragnar brings a monk home to his family and says to his kids "go on touch him" (para). And I immediately thought "hhmm kids touching a priest there's a novelty."

What a wonderful life you live.

When you're up in court for kiddy fiddling it's generally not a good idea to say that you were sexually attracted to the victim when she was 13.

To be fair, a girl of 13 who is physically developed could conceivably be attractive. I know that physical development is different to mental development and a girl of 13 doesn't need old men leering at her, BUT, I don't find it THAT weird that he could be attracted to her. He just shouldn't have done anything about it.

To be fair, a girl of 13 who is physically developed could conceivably be attractive. I know that physical development is different to mental development and a girl of 13 doesn't need old men leering at her, BUT, I don't find it THAT weird that he could be attracted to her. He just shouldn't have done anything about it.

I'm fairly liberal on a lot of issues but wanting to fuck your daughter's 13 year old mate is one of those that's just over the line.

It's weird to want to have sex with a baby or toddler. It's not weird to want to have sex with a young woman.

The age limit of 16 is the age we put on it. Some countries are younger some are older.

I already said that being a middle aged Australian means you have to keep those feelings to yourself but I'm not going to pretend to be shocked that he could find someone slightly younger than legal attractive.

Fuck me gently :lol: it's not THAT weird to have the horn for a 13 year old. Er, it is actually, about as weird as it gets

Is it as weird as wanting to have sex with a 12 year old?

Yes. Trying to justify it is also worrying. I didn't find 13 year olds attractive when I was 18, let alone middle age

I'm not trying to justify anything, I'm speaking theoretically.

I'm saying that a 13 year old girl could look older than her age if she developed more quickly. You wouldn't necessarily know.

He did know her age though and he abused her trust which is obviously why he's now getting prosecuted and rightly so.

Are they going to prosecute Bill Wyman or Jimmy Page? Does consent make it ok? Point is there are a lot of people out there who will have slept with underage girls.

I'm not one of them though so wind it in. ;)

I'm not trying to justify anything, I'm speaking theoretically.

I'm saying that a 13 year old girl could look older than her age if she developed more quickly. You wouldn't necessarily know.

He did know her age though and he abused her trust which is obviously why he's now getting prosecuted and rightly so.

Are they going to prosecute Bill Wyman or Jimmy Page? Does consent make it ok? Point is there are a lot of people out there who will have slept with underage girls.

I'm not one of them though so wind it in. ;)

Three years isn't a big age difference if you're talking about 30 to 33 but it's fucking massive between 13 and 16. I've never seen a 13 year old that I've thought was attractive since I was about 15. There's developing quickly but you'd have to be aging at the same rate as that bloke in Blade Runner before it would make sense that you were attractive to a middle aged bloke!

The fact that it was his daughters mate and he knew her and how old she was makes it all the more disgusting and indefensible.

As I already said, several times.

If you think our ancestors weren't having babies almost as soon they were able to then I don't know what else to say.

We've put those lines around what is and isn't "ok" based on mathematical age rather than physical maturity but we're the only species that does and it's only been a relatively recent thing. In some places it still happens.

I agree with the lines being there but I'm not going to put Rolf Harris in the same bracket as Jimmy Savile.

It's quite a leap to put his urges in the same category as somebody who crawled into bed with dead disabled kids which is what the initial thread was about.

Overall it's a question of conscience/morality. Most people don't commit crimes because they are against the law but because they "know" the action is wrong. I think asprilla's right that thinking a post-pubescent person is attractive isn't wrong as long as you dont act on it.

True paedophilia as in attraction to pre-pubescents is something I still think is a true illness.

I also agree that while Hall's and Harris's actions are wrong, Savile's were a whole different level of evil.

Overall it's a question of conscience/morality. Most people don't commit crimes because they are against the law but because they "know" the action is wrong. I think asprilla's right that thinking a post-pubescent person is attractive isn't wrong as long as you dont act on it.

True paedophilia as in attraction to pre-pubescents is something I still think is a true illness.

I also agree that while Hall's and Harris's actions are wrong, Savile's were a whole different level of evil.

yup, the legal age is really about emotional maturity, not physical maturity. let's be frank. most of us that were ready and able were having crap sex in our early to mid teens and didn't think twice about breaking any laws. i knew plenty of 14-15 year old girls then that saw older lads of 19-21, who i resented hugely as they were havign it off with the girls i wanted to get into, but I certainly wouldn't have classed them as paedos.

the distinction is there. on the one hand you have older celebrities caught up in this scandal - those that were attracted 13-15 years olds and in some cases decided to act on it. i'd class those found guilty of this as creepy, immoral criminals.

being attracted to pre-teens and acting on those impulses is another level of depravity entirely. they're the ones that want locking up for good. i can't see how they can ever really be rehabilitated. reforming your sexual preference isn't possible, is it?

Edited by Dr Gloom

• 3 weeks later...