Jimmy Savile

The Mighty Hog

Dan carlin's done a Common Sense on Saville/Harris/Hall and that with reference to the likes of Aerosmith/Led Zeppelin and that in the US. He wonders whether a distinction can be made between the likes of Saville or Gary Glitter and others who less fit the classic predator view of a pederast and are more the sort that take advantage of girls throwing themselves at fame.

Left me uncomfortable to listen to much of it, he doesn't try to convince you either way doesn't answer any questions he raises, just talks around it. Never convinced me that anyone who lacks the judgement to not view a young teen 20 years your junior sexually should get you any leeway whatsoever. But others might be interested in the discussion too.

Imagine celebrities from the 1960s and 1970s who were involved in sexual conduct with minors in their heyday being called to account for it today. It's currently happening in Great Britain. Dan has some thoughts.

http://www.dancarlin.com//disp.php/csarchive/Show-276---Past-Transgressions/history-politics-Operation%20Yewtree

Yeah, good points .......

The more promiscuous the female, the more unreliable her grasp of truth and reality

She was an alcoholic.

Was this point taken?

If the complainant is alleging that she only became an alcoholic because of the sex she had with Rolf Harris, one must wonder at the kind of parenting she received.

Did this complainant go on to become sexually promiscuous after the alleged sexual contact with Rolf Harris? Did her parents not notice, warn or advise her against such a lifestyle choice?

Is it just possible that she would have become sexually promiscuous anyway, even if she had never met Rolf Harris?

Her parents could have been cross-examined on what she was like as a daughter and when they noticed she was going wrong.

Is it possible that Rolf Harris would not have sexually abused her as she alleged if she had in some way suggested directly or indirectly that she welcomed his attentions?

Was Harris asked the occasion of his first sexual contact with her and asked to give all the gory details? Doing so would be necessary to establish the time of that first sexual encounter and also her age, as well as her demeanour.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rolf-harris-trial-five-key-3531845

She could have complained to Bindi if she really was such a close friend or told her parents or just not gone to his house any more, but she clearly preferred to continue going to his house and continuing to have sexual encounters to him. By going to the place of alleged abuse, she must be deemed to have consented and invited it. If she invited it, then it was not abuse.

Ffs.

:crazypilot:

Those comments are mental haha

OK he shouldnt have done it, but it was only groping, except the first mentioned, when the sex was fully consentual for about 10 years with an over 18 hardly abuse.

I am not saying he shouldnt be punished, but punishment wont make the victims any better, and hes not likely to reoffend, so I think a suspended sentence is enough. His life has been ruined anyway.

I would make it a rule that UNCORROBORATED testimony is never admissible, no matter how many complainants there are.

This means if it is just one persons word against another, forget it, unless the alleged offence was reported within 4 weeks of the commission of the alleged offence to the police.

I think 4 weeks is time enough. If it was really serious you would report it immediately without passing go and without collecting £200. If you took 4 weeks to think about it and then decided not to, then you werent obviously that bothered about it.

Extensions are only permitted if you were kidnapped, imprisoned and kept as a sex slave, obviously. Then time would start to run the moment you were in a position to report the sexual abuse you suffered.

The mother of Gary Glitter Britains most infamous paedophile was an unmarried mother. There is a definite link between widespread female promiscuity and the phenomenon of the British now finding paedophile under every bush.

Yeah I read through and was struggling to find anything particularly insightful amongst the crazies. I think TheMoog might be a Mail reader though, so he's more used to it. ;)

Those comments are mental haha

OK he shouldnt have done it, but it was only groping, except the first mentioned, when the sex was fully consentual for about 10 years with an over 18 hardly abuse.

I am not saying he shouldnt be punished, but punishment wont make the victims any better, and hes not likely to reoffend, so I think a suspended sentence is enough. His life has been ruined anyway.

I would make it a rule that UNCORROBORATED testimony is never admissible, no matter how many complainants there are.

This means if it is just one persons word against another, forget it, unless the alleged offence was reported within 4 weeks of the commission of the alleged offence to the police.

I think 4 weeks is time enough. If it was really serious you would report it immediately without passing go and without collecting £200. If you took 4 weeks to think about it and then decided not to, then you werent obviously that bothered about it.

Extensions are only permitted if you were kidnapped, imprisoned and kept as a sex slave, obviously. Then time would start to run the moment you were in a position to report the sexual abuse you suffered.

The mother of Gary Glitter Britains most infamous paedophile was an unmarried mother. There is a definite link between widespread female promiscuity and the phenomenon of the British now finding paedophile under every bush.

Should you be unlucky enough to have a seven your old girl and a old man sticks his hands down her knickers and fondles her , we'll try and remind you it's "just a grope" and that a good telling off should be enough.

Should you be unlucky enough to have a seven your old girl and a old man sticks his hands down her knickers and fondles her , we'll try and remind you it's "just a grope" and that a good telling off should be enough.

I think he'd be man enough to know that there's nothing he could have done about it as it was all the fault of the Labour government.

• 2 weeks later...