Jimmy Savile

The Mighty Hog

Former nurse June Thornton was recovering from an operation at Leeds General Infirmary when she says she saw Savile abuse the young girl.

"She had brain damage, and Jimmy Savile came in and kissed her," she said.

"He started kissing her neck, running his hands up and down her arms, and then started to molest her. Because I was laid flat on my back there was nothing I could do."

Was she laid flat on her back for all these years?

Still don't understand why no-one came forward with this stuff until after he was dead.

How would this sort of thing be proven anyway? Obvious in cases like rape you have semen/injuries but how do you prove something like this?

Thread title change perhaps losing the sir and jimmy.

hate to play devils advocate but innocent until proven otherwise and, like it or not, he is still sir jimmy saville

I imagine people did come forward but nothing was done about it for whatever reason.

This many people can't be lying though.

I think that but then I think if this many people were abused (sure I heard earlier the police were investigating 140 odd reports) it's staggering that nothing at all has come out. Just don't understand how it could have all been swept under the carpet.

Edited by Gejon

hate to play devils advocate but innocent until proven otherwise and, like it or not, he is still sir jimmy saville

Supposedly a life title which expires on death so can't be revoked as such.

I think that but then I think if this many people were abused (sure I heard earlier the police were investigating 140 odd reports) it's staggering that nothing at all has come out. Just don't understand how it could have all been swept under the carpet.

Guess we'll find out.

I suppose you only have to look at the long list of child abuse cover-ups in the Catholic church to see how committed people can be to ensuring the ugly truth doesn't come out. But in that case at least the motivation is/was fairly clear, whereas here it's less obvious why nobody squealed - the power equation doesn't seem as hugely stacked against the victims, nor should the people employing Savile and co. have been worried about the possibility of hanging their bankable talent out to dry. In theory at least.

Supposedly a life title which expires on death so can't be revoked as such.

You're right. He lost his sir when he died. For some reason I think it's got something to do with him not being married but don't quote me on that.

You're right. He lost his sir when he died. For some reason I think it's got something to do with him not being married but don't quote me on that.

image.png

The policeman have no doubts, his only family have taken down and smashed up his headstone, councils have removed plaques dedicated to him and politicians are considering amending the law to legally take away his knighthood.

Not really the best topic to play devils advocate over.

What's taking away the Sir actually gonna do? Investigate those sick bastards who are still alive and thought it was okay not to come out over this and think about petty things like titles later. Not as if all knights are angels anyway.

What's taking away the Sir actually gonna do? Investigate those sick bastards who are still alive and thought it was okay not to come out over this and think about petty things like titles later. Not as if all knights are angels anyway.

It's called multi tasking. ;)

It's practically a tradition of knights to be paedos tbf.

The policeman have no doubts, his only family have taken down and smashed up his headstone, councils have removed plaques dedicated to him and politicians are considering amending the law to legally take away his knighthood.

Not really the best topic to play devils advocate over.

I'm hardly defending pedophiles now am I?

And if hes found not to be guilty (unlikely as that may be) there has been no verdict passed that I've seen, then his grave will be put back and hell be referred to as sir again.

If he's not a sir then fair enough cats already done it.

You can't really pass verdict on a dead man afaia.

Anyway, I agree with Gejon that it's strange that given the sheer number of his alleged offences that very little of this has come out before.