Stoke City Vs. Newcastle United

loonyTOON

Cracking game. Watching Stoke is like having your tonsils removed with hot pincers. I'd feel sorry for the 15k or so who watch them week in and week out but they're such a bunch of wankers that I couldn't give less of a shit. When your messiah is someone who wears a shit baseball cap and gets the team playing something closer to rugby or American football, you deserve anything you get.

Ba, Jonas, all four defenders, and even Obertan were exceptional, and credit has to go to Pardew for totally shutting down Stoke's game plan. Neither award was a pen to be honest.

I thought we were good value for a point at least before the game but we continue to surpass expectations - long may it continue, and bring on Everton!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking game. Watching Stoke is like having your tonsils removed with hot pincers. I'd feel sorry for the 15k or so who watch them week in and week out but they're such a bunch of wankers that I couldn't give less of a shit. When your messiah is someone who wears a shit baseball cap and gets the team playing something closer to rugby or American football, you deserve anything you get.

Ba, Jonas, all four defenders, and even Obertan were exceptional, and credit has to go to Pardew for totally shutting down Stoke's game plan. Neither award was a pen to be honest.

I thought we were good value for a point at least before the game but we continue to surpass expectations - long may it continue, and bring on Everton!

How's the twats form running on at the start like he's the coach of the Chicago Bears or something? Wanker.

totally controlled stoke away could we be the real deal?

We'll know after 4 situations:

- how we cope with the next few games. Huge tests.

- how we cope when we eventually lose a couple.

- how we cope after a few more injuries/international duty. Ba is brilliant but we lose a lot of our goal threat when he doesn't play. Really is imperative that we sign another striker in January.

- how we cope with Ben Arfa's inevitable moody moment because he's sick of being on the bench.

1) Tough games aye, but no reason we can't see positive performances regardless of results. Quite a few are going our way unexpectedly in terms of teams expected to beat us.

2) Hasn't happened yet, I'm sure Pardew will have some contingency plan or two should the need arise.

3) Agreed. We need some more strength in depth. The likes of Sameobi are still being eased into the first team; a striker to challenge Ba and Best for the starting role would do the squad a world of good.

4) Having come back from a major injury and being introduced back into first team action slowly but carefully, I don't see why he'd be moody. Besides, he'll get some games under his belt once the ACON rolls around.

That last one was a joke tbh

Check out the difference between the "premier league" pitch and the Europa league pitch.

The twats will stoop to anything to gain the advantage, within the rules of the game.

cheatingtwats.jpg

Great to see them overhitting several through balls late on. Almost as karmic as our strategic towel deployment. :D

Not seen a mention of how awesome Krul was tonight. He's a large part of why we are doing so well this season. Nice change after Given and Harper to have a keeper who comes off his line and claims crosses, corners and throw ins. You can see how much confidence the defence has when he dominates his area.

Not seen a mention of how awesome Krul was tonight. He's a large part of why we are doing so well this season. Nice change after Given and Harper to have a keeper who comes off his line and claims crosses, corners and throw ins. You can see how much confidence the defence has when he dominates his area.

He did well in what must be the absolute worst place to play for a keeper. Effectively a clean sheet for him and the defense as you can't be expected to save penalties.

Just got home after a long shift, didn't know the score, gutted I missed seeing the game. The best result this season imo, given our poor record at Stoke recently, their good home record (last season especially), and on the back of a defeat in the CCC. Seems like Stoke have been found out a bit this season and I'm glad, because that long throw-in shite is a fucking abomination. Join the NBA for fuck's sake.

Oh yeah, all the Ba doubters can fuck off now, some people were saying he's no better than Ameobi after his first few games.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

A lot of reports saying Sky had to turn the volume down with Stoke's anti-Ba chant.

Maybe they did say 'monkey'?

Hmmmm.. That's what I heard. But my soud quality wasn't perfect so who knows. I know it won't be the last we hear about it if that is the case. Dirty thugs.

totally controlled stoke away could we be the real deal?

We'll know after 4 situations:

- how we cope with the next few games. Huge tests.

- how we cope when we eventually lose a couple.

- how we cope after a few more injuries/international duty. Ba is brilliant but we lose a lot of our goal threat when he doesn't play. Really is imperative that we sign another striker in January.

- how we cope with Ben Arfa's inevitable moody moment because he's sick of being on the bench.

Didn't realise Pardew had leprosy?

As well as a couple of STD's

. . and a MAGIC TOUCH ! :steamtrain:

A lot of reports saying Sky had to turn the volume down with Stoke's anti-Ba chant.

Hmmmm.. That's what I heard. But my soud quality wasn't perfect so who knows. I know it won't be the last we hear about it if that is the case. Dirty thugs.

From what I heard, they didn't say Monkey. All I heard was "Demba Ba, is a wanker". Unless Sky did turn down other chants I didn't hear.

Stoke had their tails up and the home crowd were in full voice, but just as they started to sense an equaliser referee Mike Dean awarded a penalty at the other end for what looked like a tame push on Best by Huth.

From the BBC report. Was I pissed or was our pen not twice as clear cut as there's? Ba stepped in with his shoulder, huth did a full on shove.

thought they were about equal myself

If their pen was deserved then ours was. Consistent reffing. Just found it odd the Beeb highlighted ours as being weak and not theirs.

From what I heard, they didn't say Monkey. All I heard was "Demba Ba, is a wanker". Unless Sky did turn down other chants I didn't hear.

Regardless of what it was, it was stupid. He wanted to sign for them and they cancelled the deal, so I'm not sure what the crowd were pissed off about. Maybe it's something to do with the 15 goals in 21 games since then. :scratchchin:

Stoke had their tails up and the home crowd were in full voice, but just as they started to sense an equaliser referee Mike Dean awarded a penalty at the other end for what looked like a tame push on Best by Huth.

From the BBC report. Was I pissed or was our pen not twice as clear cut as there's? Ba stepped in with his shoulder, huth did a full on shove.

If their pen was deserved then ours was. Consistent reffing. Just found it odd the Beeb highlighted ours as being weak and not theirs.

FWIW, the Guardian minute-by-minute described theirs as "so soft" and ours as "as clear as they come". Not sure I agree really, I'd put them about equal too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/31/stoke-city-newcastle-united-mbm?newsfeed=true

Great to see them overhitting several through balls late on. Almost as karmic as our strategic towel deployment. :D

Was pissing myself at that like. A few times I said that would've been a good ball if they hadn't moved the line in :lol:

Also, one time in particular when Simpson took a throw in, he waited for the ball boy to hand him a towel then just gave it straight back to him. :lol: The fucking irony of Pulis going mad at our spoiling tactics as well. People like him would get football done away with.

It was a great performance like. We had more of a cutting edge, played the better football and actually wanted it more than them.

Another funny moment at the end was Ba with his top off but still wearing his gloves. Tickled me anyway :D

FWIW, the Guardian minute-by-minute described theirs as "so soft" and ours as "as clear as they come". Not sure I agree really, I'd put them about equal too.

http://www.guardian....m?newsfeed=true

I think, if anything, ours was more of a pen than theirs. How fucking thick is Huth though? The ref had just given them one for a shove so he did a blatant push in the back 5 minutes later right in front of the ref. His challenge on Ryan Taylor (the elbow when he didn't even attempt to get the ball) was shocking too. The ref didn't even speak to him. Much more of a yellow card than Perch's which I thought was a 50-50. Not that it matters :D