Stoke City Vs. Newcastle United

loonyTOON

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a reference to Repo Man or, more specifically, the daft phrases Alex Cox inserted into the dubbed TV version as a piss-take in place or the naughty swears. I thought everyone knew that.

Thought we were immense last night. One slip aside, Krul was brilliant at coming for the crosses and throws and really showed his improvement from last season. Back four was class, Ryan Taylor must be fucking knacking since he took a beating but Simpson winding them up with the towel was class :lol: Special mention for when he called the ball boy 15 yards to give him it and then just give him it straight back :lol: Obertan looked dangerous and seemed to use his pace a lot better with some good runs, Cabaye and Guthrie were good with Cabaye trying the defence splitting pass a tad too often whereas Guthrie kept play moving and retained possession well. Best worked his bollocks off again but Ba and Gutierrez. Fucking hell, they were amazing. Demba Ba was playing like a young Shola and Gutierrez' work rate is different class.

Stoke are fucking awful. Huth led with his knee about three times and that horrible bouncer Walters fucking headbutted Ryan Taylor with no punishment! Perch's booking was a fine 50-50 and he won the ball and got booked! Ref was aal owa the place but 3rd top so fuck it.

If we win on Saturday and Man U lose (to the mackems), we'll go 2nd and the game against Man City will be 1st vs 2nd, unbeaten vs unbeaten.

Guest CabayeAye

its to early to think about the champions league but if we do then its a great achievement

Not a chance sadly. Top 8 would be doing well.

Bookies have us as strong favorites for 7th.

Guest CabayeAye

Who was that mutant on that thread who said we have one of the worst squads in the league?

Because Colo, Krul, Saylor, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Jonas and Ba are fucking rubbish!

This thread sums that board up.

http://www.readytogo...ad.php?t=638599

Only 16 pages. Thats just sad.

Its not as bad as this one...this should go in our "gold" section :icon_lol:

Pardew has been given next to nowt as far as finacial support whereas bagpuss has been allowed t sign anybody

I hate the bastard.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=640900&page=2

Last night was like some weird parallel universe where Cabaye was poor, Guthrie great, Krul occasionally sloppy without paying the price & Guti a defensive hero. The towel thing was hilarious.

If Ba to Stoke actually broke down due to money hopefully the knee knack claims are rubbish - he sure had no problem twisting & turning on the defensive line yesterday.

Overall a proper team performance - even by Obertan.

Getting excited about Saturday already.

given how bitter stoke seem about Ba not signing for them I have a feeling the knee was an excuse on their part if he came and wasnt impressed enough to sign

harsh on Krul there tbh, he had no real saves to make and against stoke he had to command his area a lot against some big strong bullies and he did so admirably, as well as any other keeper could've tbh, he dropped one ball which he shouldnt have but thats it really, always did enough otherwise

Last night was like some weird parallel universe where Cabaye was poor

Didn't think he was poor myself. Not his best game, sure. He played too deep which is something he tends to do in games like this, especially when he can't rely on his midfield partner defensively like he can with Tiote (as in he and Guthrie have hardly played together).

Agree Krul was generally excellent esp in his 5 yard box dealing with all of the incoming air bombardment. But apart from the one mentioned there were a number of handling errors and some poor decision making in the first half - particularly remember a dodgy 'after you' moment with a team-mate (Raylor?) on the edge of the box. Also some pretty dodgy kicking.

Not slagging either of them - imo they both performed less well than usual and others did far far better than expected. Guess it shows what high standards Krul, Cabaye and plenty of others have demonstrated so far this season.

I love how Sunderland fans all know so much about our squad and spend so long analysing it :lol:. I probably know very little about how all but their best players play, nevermind whether they'd be better in a different formation etc etc etc

I'm nee Happy Face, but thinking about it, if you think about the time he's been on the pitch Ba, he's probably at a goal every 70 minutes or something. He's been subbed a few times, and been sub himself of those 9 games. Arsenal for starters.

Not far wrong stevie!

551mins 8 goals

I knew that it would be summik like that.

That's a goal every 68mins [/HF] fuck me. That is a mental record in modern football.

He's not Andy Cole, he's not Shearer or Ferdinand, but he's got a bit of absolutely everything you need to be a top striker. He's strong, he's quite mobile, his movement is very good, he's got a trick, he's tall and decent in the air, he can strike a ball, and to me he seems a very humble bloke who is happy playing for us. He could just be one of our best ever buys this bloke, certainly considering what we've paid for him pennies allegedly.

I'm nee Happy Face, but thinking about it, if you think about the time he's been on the pitch Ba, he's probably at a goal every 70 minutes or something. He's been subbed a few times, and been sub himself of those 9 games. Arsenal for starters.

Ba is the best minutes per goal in PL history fella.

bestgoalperminute.jpg

Edited by Park Life

Not far wrong stevie!

551mins 8 goals

I knew that it would be summik like that.

That's a goal every 68mins [/HF] fuck me. That is a mental record in modern football.

He's not Andy Cole, he's not Shearer or Ferdinand, but he's got a bit of absolutely everything you need to be a top striker. He's strong, he's quite mobile, his movement is very good, he's got a trick, he's tall and decent in the air, he can strike a ball, and to me he seems a very humble bloke who is happy playing for us. He could just be one of our best ever buys this bloke, certainly considering what we've paid for him pennies allegedly.

I've noted that he's completely instinctive and unfazed in front of goal and just takes chances without too much faffing around. Very good sign.