Xmas nightmare....

Craig

Having spent the day at A&E with Finley having breathing difficulties, I've just finished wrapping all the kids pressies and sticking them under the tree and are all set for tomorrow.

Happy Christmas to everyone on here - hope you all have a decent break and lets hope that 2006 brings good fortune to all.

* - to the contingent from N-O who will undoubtedly read this, ignore the bit about me sticking presents under the tree - Santa will be doing it later! :lol:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, he has a stinking cold and a hacking cough so it's a pre-caution more than anything but because he's 9 weeks old and has not yet had any jabs, they wanted to keep an eye on him.

Thankfully they let us go about 6pm otherwise it could have been an overnight stay..

Thanks peeps - but Finley not OK. Coughing got worse yesterday and this morning and he was still having ridiculously high temperatures so we took no chances and took him to hospital today.

They did some obs and admitted him straight away. I later found out that they recorded his temperature at 39.4°C! They suspected Pneumonia initially but have since ruled that out. They think he's got Bronchiolitis which they say in a 9 week old who has had no jabs can be pretty dangerous but they're saying that the fever is not usually a symptom of it so they're a bit baffled.

Being kept in to have blood tests - poor mite has a cannular in his hand and the whole arm in a splint to make sure he doesn't yank it out. Christmas has kinda paled into insignificance although we've tried to keep it special for the elder one.

Cheers for the kind words from you all - means a lot...

Thanks peeps - but Finley not OK. Coughing got worse yesterday and this morning and he was still having ridiculously high temperatures so we took no chances and took him to hospital today.

They did some obs and admitted him straight away. I later found out that they recorded his temperature at 39.4°C! They suspected Pneumonia initially but have since ruled that out. They think he's got Bronchiolitis which they say in a 9 week old who has had no jabs can be pretty dangerous but they're saying that the fever is not usually a symptom of it so they're a bit baffled.

Being kept in to have blood tests - poor mite has a cannular in his hand and the whole arm in a splint to make sure he doesn't yank it out. Christmas has kinda paled into insignificance although we've tried to keep it special for the elder one.

Cheers for the kind words from you all - means a lot...

71527[/snapback]

That's awful news mate. I hope he gets better soon, we are all thinking of you and wishing him well x

I can't fucking wait for this year to end...

The missus has just phoned me from the hospital in tears - they took him for a chest x-ray at 10pm and they've just confimed that he's got Pneumonia.

Feeling pretty fucking useless at the moment - in one respect I want to be there looking after the pair of them, on the other hand I've got a 3 year old who doesn't understand what's going on and needs to be shielded from it all....

And that's before I even think about my emotions...

Thanks again peeps - I really appreciate what you say :D

I can't fucking wait for this year to end...

The missus has just phoned me from the hospital in tears - they took him for a chest x-ray at 10pm and they've just confimed that he's got Pneumonia.

Feeling pretty fucking useless at the moment - in one respect I want to be there looking after the pair of them, on the other hand I've got a 3 year old who doesn't understand what's going on and needs to be shielded from it all....

And that's before I even think about my emotions...

Thanks again peeps - I really appreciate what you say :D

71554[/snapback]

As helpless as you feel, he's in the best place he can be and there's nothing you could do by being there. Charlotte needs you to be at home and to keep things as normal as possible. I hope he's improved overnight and that he's very much on the mend this morning petal. Thoughts are with you and your good lady :blush:

Cheers Cath,

Just been on the blower, he temp is as high as ever and they've both had a tough night but at least he's on anti-biotics. Had it been the bronchiolitis, it would have been viral and therefore only treatable by Calpol....

Amazing how the goalposts can keep changing. They've now confirmed that he has both conditions (Pneumonia & Bronchiolitis) hence why the confusion in the symptoms.

Poor little fella's sats dropped to 85% so is now having Oxygen piped up his nose. No real improvement today, but thankfully no real deterioration either.

Ritchie, thanks for the kind words in the text - they mean a lot...

Hold on kidda - we're all thinking of youand the family

We had a very bad experience with Miss W when she was 14 months in a strange and foreign spot and was literally dying in her mum's arms - luckily the local medic managed to find something that fixed her pronto but it was a terrible time while it lasted........

Having spent the day at A&E with Finley having breathing difficulties, I've just finished wrapping all the kids pressies and sticking them under the tree and are all set for tomorrow.

Happy Christmas to everyone on here - hope you all have a decent break and lets hope that 2006 brings good fortune to all.

* - to the contingent from N-O who will undoubtedly read this, ignore the bit about me sticking presents under the tree - Santa will be doing it later! :D

71294[/snapback]

Just read this Craig.....thinking of him mate, keep us posted and very best wishes