Newcastle United vs Everton match thread

Monroe Transfer

With their players returning from injury and ours dropping, I'll go for a draw.

Though it'll be interesting to see how well the new season ticket offer affects the crowd...a full house with 6000 new radgies in good spirits about our position could tip the balance....doubt it though, early kick off...not many drinks beforehand....it'll be like a morgue.

Who's returning from injury? Cahill is unlikely to play, Fellaini suspended etc..

The ITK BD's see them lining up like this....

------------------------------howard---------------------------------------

hibbert----------jags-------------------heitinga---------------baines

-------------------Rodwell-----------Osman--------------------------

Coleman-------------------Barkley----------------------------Drenthe

-------------------------------Saha----------------------------------

I have to say I'll be shocked if we don't beat this side like, but am trying not to get cocky and a 1-0 win would certainly do. From their side, I think Baines is too thick to ever leave Merseyside, he seems like David Unsworth who thought Birmingham was in Bolton, but I definitely think Jagielka and Drenthe would improve our squad. The rest outwith Cahill who is cracking on, I don't see anyone that would massive improve the squad.

I worry for Everton's Premiership future to be honest, their turnover is the same as the mackems give or take 5 or 10m, and their core players Howard, Distin, Osman, Saha, Cahill, Hibbert and Neville are all in their thirties. They'll be finished in a few years, and can Everton really afford and attract the same level of player to replace them in their current predicament? I'm not sure.

If they should manage to stay in that top four, it will be a minor miracle. I don't think they will but if they did, it would be the equivalent of Arsenalspacer.gif or Tottenham winning the title.

It would be the equivalent of Tottenham coming in the top four you stupid cockney twat. He's such a prick, people like him because he's good looking, talks loudly, and his fatha will be the new England manager, but when you analyse his words, he's the most clueless pundit on British television, he's a fucking divvy.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though it'll be interesting to see how well the new season ticket offer affects the crowd...a full house with 6000 new radgies in good spirits about our position could tip the balance....doubt it though, early kick off...not many drinks beforehand....it'll be like a morgue.

Who's returning from injury? Cahill is unlikely to play, Fellaini suspended etc..

I have to say I'll be shocked if we don't beat this side like, but am trying not to get cocky and a 1-0 win would certainly do. From their side, I think Baines is too thick to ever leave Merseyside, he seems like David Unsworth who thought Birmingham was in Bolton, but I definitely think Jagielka and Drenthe would improve our squad. The rest outwith Cahill who is cracking on, I don't see anyone that would massive improve the squad.

I worry for Everton's Premiership future to be honest, their turnover is the same as the mackems give or take 5 or 10m, and their core players Howard, Distin, Osman, Saha, Cahill, Hibbert and Neville are all in their thirties. They'll be finished in a few years, and can Everton really afford and attract the same level of player to replace them in their current predicament? I'm not sure.

If they should manage to stay in that top four, it will be a minor miracle. I don't think they will but if they did, it would be the equivalent of Arsenalspacer.gif or Tottenham winning the title.

It would be the equivalent of Tottenham coming in the top four you stupid cockney twat. He's such a prick, people like him because he's good looking, talks loudly, and his fatha will be the new England manager, but when you analyse his words, he's the most clueless pundit on British television, he's a fucking divvy.

you're forgetting we have one of the best youth set ups in the country though, so whilst we might not be able to replace like for like when some of these retire we do have a fantastic pool of youth to pick from.

Top picks would be:

Rodwell - DM

Barkley - AM

Coleman - RM / RB

Vellios - ST

Gueye - ST / LW

Duffy - CB on loan at Scunthorpe

Mustafi - CB

Hammar - CB

Lundstum - DM

Hope - ST

Dier - CB only on loan to us but a deal should be sorted in the summer hopefully

McAleny - CF

Green - AM only 15 but tipped to have a huge future

Garbutt - LB /LM

Forrester - CF

All tipped to make it in the game. Now obviously some will fall by the way side, but some of these are really tipped to have a very bright future!

So although we don't have the cash at least we have a great production line of talented youngsters to fall back on. Now i know you can't depend on kids alone, but someone like Barkley will fetch £20m+ at some point to fund the purchase of more established players to mix in with the youngsters. Much like when we sold Rooney and Lescott.

We'd all love billions to spend but the model we are following isn't a bad one all things considered.

Who's returning from injury?

Just going off .com....

Marouane Fellaini is suspended but Royston Drenthe returns to the squad after completing his ban. Phil Neville, Tim Cahill and Sylvain Distin are anticipated to be available after recovering from a variety of injuries.

you're forgetting we have one of the best youth set ups in the country though, so whilst we might not be able to replace like for like when some of these retire we do have a fantastic pool of youth to pick from.

Top picks would be:

Rodwell - DM

Barkley - AM

Coleman - RM / RB

Vellios - ST

Gueye - ST / LW

Duffy - CB on loan at Scunthorpe

Mustafi - CB

Hammar - CB

Lundstum - DM

Hope - ST

Dier - CB only on loan to us but a deal should be sorted in the summer hopefully

McAleny - CF

Green - AM only 15 but tipped to have a huge future

Garbutt - LB /LM

Forrester - CF

All tipped to make it in the game. Now obviously some will fall by the way side, but some of these are really tipped to have a very bright future!

So although we don't have the cash at least we have a great production line of talented youngsters to fall back on. Now i know you can't depend on kids alone, but someone like Barkley will fetch £20m+ at some point to fund the purchase of more established players to mix in with the youngsters. Much like when we sold Rooney and Lescott.

We'd all love billions to spend but the model we are following isn't a bad one all things considered.

We can all say that though. We have the likes of Adam Campbell who's by all accounts the best youth we've had since Gazza, we have Shane Ferguson, we've got Vuckic who Real Madrid and Juventus scout all the time, James Tavernier will play for England imo, our youths are top of their league, our reserves have won every game this season beating the likes of Liverpool, anyone can put a positive slant on their youth system and all of the players you have listed there have achieved nothing of note as of yet. I don't for instance think Coleman or Rodwell will play for a bigger club than Everton for instance. Jose Baxter was supposed to be the biggest thing since Rooney, he's off the rails and won't live up to the promise neither. Your statement about Barkley commanding a £20m fee in the near future :lol: how can you say that? He's 17 and has played three games, like I say there was a much bigger thing being made about Vaughan and Baxter and they're fuckin pish.

Don't forget Danny Cadamarteri. ;)

Aye and I did forget about him. Dundee United legend. Other than Rooney the one that the fuss was made of who did command a decent fee Jeffers was playing for Newcastle.....Jets in Australia before he was thirty.

We surely have it in us to beat Everton, who probably have even less strength in depth than we do. Too bad the 'Fake Colo' isn't playing, he's always been poor against us. 2-1 to us, but we can't afford to show complacency and I hope the fans don't get on the team's back if we don't score in the first 20 minutes.

James Tavernier will play for England imo

:lol:

Steady on!

I'll bet you a £1000 now he plays for England before 2016.

What makes you think he will? Genuinely interested (although I'll bet you a tenner if you want) - I've only seen bits of him cup games and reserve highlights.

Steady on!

What makes you think he will? Genuinely interested (although I'll bet you a tenner if you want) - I've only seen bits of him cup games and reserve highlights.

Seen him at all levels for us, and I've actually seen him for Carlisle this season. He tackles well, he's got as much composure as I've EVER seen from a young right back, brilliant touch, positionally good, and when you look at the shite who have turned out for England over the last 10 years, he only has to get to Michael Dawson's level and he'll get a cap.

Just in response to the youth team thing I posted we've had a lot of young lads come through out ranks... some have moved on, some stayed, some dropped out of football.

successes are:

Hibbert

Osman

Rooney - best english player of his generation

Baines

Jagielka - yes both Baines and Jags were part of our youth team before Walter Smith cut it completely (Why I do not know!!!)

Dunne

Jeffers - Epic career fail but class when we had him and fetched a good price

Rodwell

Coleman

Ruddy (Norwich Keeper)

So that's 9 premiership quality players and one world class one in recent times.

We do have a fantastic youth set up, and yes Baxter hasn't lived up to the hype, not every player will, but our record in developing youth is very good and I do believe we'll continue to see some really bright talents come through the ranks over the next few years due to our setup now being light years ahead of when we developed most of the players above.

Baxter is apparently the best player since Rooney and is supposed to be the next real big thing... no kidding anyone in the know speaks about this kid in the same way as Rooney... sadly he'll not be an Everton player in a few years but i have no doubt by the time he's 20 he'll be one of the 1st names on the England team sheet.

Just in response to the youth team thing I posted we've had a lot of young lads come through out ranks... some have moved on, some stayed, some dropped out of football.

successes are:

Hibbert

Osman

Baines

Jagielka - yes both Baines and Jags were part of our youth team before Walter Smith cut it completely (Why I do not know!!!)

Dunne

Rodwell

Coleman

Ruddy (Norwich Keeper)

So that's 9 premiership quality players and one world class one in recent times.

We do have a fantastic youth set up, and yes Baxter hasn't lived up to the hype, not every player will, but our record in developing youth is very good and I do believe we'll continue to see some really bright talents come through the ranks over the next few years due to our setup now being light years ahead of when we developed most of the players above.

Baxter is apparently the best player since Rooney and is supposed to be the next real big thing... no kidding anyone in the know speaks about this kid in the same way as Rooney... sadly he'll not be an Everton player in a few years but i have no doubt by the time he's 20 he'll be one of the 1st names on the England team sheet.

I don't think he'll be an Everton player neither, he'll end up in jail or at Tranmere imo.

successes are:

Hibbert

Osman

Baines

Dunne

Rodwell

Coleman

Ruddy (Norwich Keeper)

I don't think he'll be an Everton player neither, he'll end up in jail or at Tranmere imo.

Sorry dunno why i said Baxter in that last paragraphy I meant Barkley lol!

yeah Baxter wont ever make it and I reckon your assessment is spot on

Not sure if 'Grand old Team' is their equivalent of RTG, but the general thoughts over there are that:

a) They're a bigger club than us

b ) They're a better team than us at the moment

Very little discussion about the actual game.

I think we'll nick it, 2-1, with it being 0-0 at half time.

Edited by smoggeordie

Not sure if 'Grand old Team' is their equivalent of RTG, but the general thoughts over there are that:

If there's ten ways of judging the size of a club, then trophies won is one of them. They have four more than us. The other nine ways you could judge club size, it's one of the worlds biggest delusions for them to believe in their hearts that they are. It doesn't bug me, it just massively amuses me, the same as when Leeds fans think they're as big as us. How can you call yourself a big club when you're struggling to get 30000 in the Premier League it and they are pathetic.

Edited by McFaul

like most forums there's plenty of people who can only see their own clubs positives and can't see another clubs... think their team is the greatest and anyone who says otherwise is a fool

If there's ten ways of judging the size of a club, then trophies won is one of them. They have four more than us. The other nine ways you could judge club size, it's one of the worlds biggest delusions for them to believe in their hearts that they are. It doesn't bug me, it just massively amuses me, the same as when Leeds fans think they're as big as us. How can you call yourself a big club when you're struggling to get 30000 in the Premier League it and they are pathetic.

See my post above ;)

Steady on!

£50 to the SBR fund ;)