Newcastle United vs Everton match thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the crack with that incident where Cahill seemed to deck Colo off the ball? - it was just out of shot on tv and they ignored it.

I'd love to see that worky cheat face a charge.

Guthrie MOTM for me. We got a bit lucky today. Now go on dirty mackems, nick a draw!

Agreed. He ran the show in the first half in my opinion and looked solid under pressure. Second half he dug deep like the rest of the lads and showed his worth.

as for the Marv v ben arfa argument, ben arfa was anonymous as a starter against blackburn while today marveaux was good, ran well, worked hard and looked a good player, Ben arfa isnt an out and out winger and pardew clearly isnt going to use him as one, the sooner people get this the better, other than his reputation why do people think ben arfa should be getting in automatically because it cant be based on performances

Quite concerned about Ben arfa - I know he's not had many games but doesn't look anywhere near up to pace. When he first played last season, even though he hadn't played for a while, he looked sharp - you could see that he was quality. For me atm - doesn't look any where near where he was. I am praying he just needs a run of games.

Unbelievable how fucking shit Guthrie is and suddenly everyone is wanking over him.

Never good enough to sustain a place in the team, people have a short memory of how much he doesn't bring the team.

Unbelievable how fucking shit your post is and suddenly I'm doubting that you actually watched either match he's played in.

Never has he even had the chance to sustain a place in the team, people like you need to get over yourselves and appreciate how much he is currently bringing to the team.

dont see any wanking anyway tbh, people saying hes been tidy which he has and been decent enough that we've continued our form without tiote

thus far this season he looks like the right level to have as 3rd/4th choice at CM

Unbelievable how fucking shit Guthrie is and suddenly everyone is wanking over him.

Never good enough to sustain a place in the team, people have a short memory of how much he doesn't bring the team.

Young players can actually improve. A strange concept i know.

I have slated Guthrie in the past but credit where credits due he's been canny recently and hasn't made any large fuck ups like he has previously done, agree with Semimental that he's starting to put me at ease that he can be an effective back up for Cabaye/Tiote.

I reckon we have the team spirit to thank for players who've previously looked a bit dodgy now playing tidy and effective football. All the players really seem to be getting on and it's encouraging to see, it really showed in the 2nd half as we'd have lost this game in past seasons.

I like that Pardew doesn't seem to be asking too much of the players which allows them to relax and play their football without having too much expected of them (Guthrie, Raylor etc), admittedly wasn't very chuffed about him when he was appointed but he's really pushed on from the decent base Hughton built him and has us playing good football as well as turning us into a tough team to beat when things aren't going our way.

Never thought I'd be so happy to see an international break mind with the team looking a bit tired from these 2 games and all the knocks that were picked up today.

Edited by Barton7

He looks a different player tbh, more akin to the Championship Guthrie, but leaner and with more about him (based on the admittedly little I've seen him play this season).

His attitude has been spot on.

Gosling looked much better today too and Simpson had another improved game. Ryan Taylor was outstanding at times.

I told some lads on the norwegian toon forum a while ago that amongst the coaches word was that Ben Arfa wasnt quite firing on all cylinders ( yet). Noone is a bigger fan of the hype than me, but from what I have seen so far, bench seems the appropriate position for him until he gets back to speed. He holds on to the ball for too long, indecisive, seems to have lost a bit of pace and vision etc... Until/if he gets that back, he would be a starter, for now he should be happy with coming off the bench for the odd 20 minutes or so..

Unbelievable how fucking shit your post is and suddenly I'm doubting that you actually watched either match he's played in.

Never has he even had the chance to sustain a place in the team, people like you need to get over yourselves and appreciate how much he is currently bringing to the team.

Take your blinkers off, the relegation season he was fucking woeful and he's done little since. A couple of decent games and everyone is creaming over the cunt, Cabaye and Tiote every fucking time.

Guthrie looked like an extra from the Walking Dead.

But played a very good game. He definitely seems quicker now that he's lost some weight, plus it was pretty impressive that he covered the most ground out of all players. He was still running towards the end, and has obviously spent a lot of time working on his fitness. Begs the question why he hadn't done this previously...

Guest CabayeAye

If Guthrie's playing well, give him his chance. Obviously Tiote/Cabaye will be our 1st choice CM pair, but they aren't going to play every game. Having 3/4 good CMs is a very healthy position to be in.

Also if we were playing a poorer team where we were expecting to attack, I'd be tempted to play Guthrie over Tiote and save Tiote for the harder games where we'd need to protect our defence.

Some people have also forgetten how poor Raylor was before he re-invented himself this season.

dont see any wanking anyway tbh, people saying hes been tidy which he has and been decent enough that we've continued our form without tiote

thus far this season he looks like the right level to have as 3rd/4th choice at CM

Exactly, people are commenting on the fact he's played well 3 games in a row now and looks a different player to last season, nobody is saying he's a world beater, he did well again today and Pardew seems to have put some steroids in his diet or something because he has alot more energy and strength that previously.

Thought Colo was class as usual, the team as a whole worked hard yet again and held on second half when we weren't at our best which is a good sign. You could see we lacked Tiote and Cabaye 2nd half when we just needed to calm it down and keep some possession at times but everyone gave it all they had.